Summer Dream

The Proposition

Chapter 2 

 

". . .Summer Dreams. . ."


When they arrived at the SM building it'd started to sprinkle rain and they hurried inside the building and up to their manager's office just in time for them to make their 12 o'clock meeting. Their manager smiled as he gestured for them to sit down at the table before them. They all took a seat around the table, facing him.

The time seemed to tick by slowly as each of the boys stared at their manager seated across from them and a pregnant silence hung in the air as neither side spoke. Several thoughts raced through the heads of each member. the primary thought being what the premise of the impromptu meeting was. Yunho, asserting his role as leader, was the one to speak first.

" Manager-hyung, what is this meeting about?" He asked, the question buzzing around in the rest of his bandmates' minds finally being asked. Their manager cleared his throat and threaded his fingers together, elbows propped on the tabletop.

" This is about the vacation time you asked for earlier this month. We've considered it and decided. . ." He trailed off. He ran his tongue along his chapped lips and took a long breath.

" Decided what?" Jaejoong asked, leaning forward in his chair.

" We've decided to grant you the month's vacation time." He finished, smiling behind his hands. The boys let out a collective sigh of relief, not realizing that they'd all been holding their breath. A smile of relief found its way onto each of their mouths.

" Seriously?" Changmin asked, eyes shining bright with excitement. The group soon dispersed into talking excitedly among themselves.

" Boys," Their manager's call went unheeded the first time. " Boys!" He cried louder, sterner, startling them into silence, " There is a catch to this, however." He murmured, clearing his throat again.

" There is a catch to this however. In exchange for your vacation, you will have to do something for chairman Kim Hyuk Wan." He paused to gauge their reactions. He was met with blank stares and slightly confused looks.

" What kind of something?" Yoochun asked, furrowing his brow beneath his bangs. A catch from SM didn't sound too appealing. It was probably going to be something unpleasant. He could just feel it.

" Chairman Kim's granddaughter has a birthday coming up in the next month and instead of buying her some sort of trinket, he's decided to humor her by having her and her sister spend some time with their favorite musicians. To get your month of vacation, that is what you'd have to agree to."

That doesn't seem so bad. Not my idea of a vacation but alright', was the first thought through Yoochun's mind, 'It really doesn't seem like all that much. And we could still enjoy our free time while spending it with fans.'

'Oh, sweet. I love kids,' Junsu thought, smiling widely. He could play soccer with them. Plus it would give him a chance to eat alot of candy.

'It can't be so bad. ' Jaejoong's mouth curved up in a small smile at the optimistic thought. Two little girls would be a breath of fresh air for them.

'What a sweet thing he's doing for his granddaughter.' Changmin smiled as well. They could play video games and watch cartoons and just relax. It'd be fun.

'Ah. That's so nice of him to do that for his granddaughter. It wouldn't take to much to amuse the girls.' Yunho thought. It was going to be too easy. They could amuse the girls, sing a few songs and then get on with their vacation without a hitch.

" Sure, okay. It's okay with me." Yoochun said. The rest of his bandmates responded in agreement.

" When do we get to meet the girls?" Junsu asked.

" Mi Sun and Hae Jung should be arriving soon. Your vacation starts in two days. And courtesy of SM Entertainment and Chairman Kim, you and the girls are flying down to Lotte Hotel Jeju on Jeju-do for the duration of your vacation and returning when the month is up. So you should pack when you return this evening."

Simultaneously, the jaws of the guys all dropped. The Lotte Hotel Jeju was one of the nicest hotels anywhere. And Jeju-do was a beautiful island. The vacation seemed alot more promising. Getting an all expense trip to a luxury hotel was almost too good to be true.

---

" Unnie! Harabeoji's on the phone!" Mi Sun shouted, covering the receiver with her hand. Hae Jung barreled over to her sister, her bare feet slipping along the wooden floor of the hallway. She went sprawling as her feet flew from under her and she slid down the hallway and stopped right at Mi Sun's sock covered toes. Mi Sun held back a laugh as she handed the phone to her older sister and walked back into her bedroom. She wanted to get in a few minutes of dancing and right now was perfect time because they hadn't had anything to do that day. At least, she was hoped she didn't have anything to do. She didn't feel like changing out of her workout outfit. Spending the rest of this afternoon in her pearl red tank top and black bicycle shorts seemed more appealing anyway.

" Okay. We'll be there soon. Okay. Love you. See you then. Bye." Hae Jung hung up the phone and set it on its base on the kitchen counter.

" Who are we seeing when?" Mi Sun asked, leaning against the frame of her doorway.

" Harabeoji wants us to stop by the SM building like right now for whatever reason. Something about a summer surprise. He probably wants to give us more concert tickets or have us entertain a group or spread the word about a new release by so and so. Harabeoji has good intentions but all the celebrity stuff is a bit overbearing. I mean, making friends with people you can't hang out with in public. You know?"

Mi Sun nodded. She understood what her sister was saying. It'd been entertaining at first, meeting and greeting and hanging out by the doors of the recording studios, trying to get a good look at the talent. But it got old.

" Do we need to dress up or . . .?" Mi Sun trailed off, gesturing to her outfit and her hair, which she'd pulled into two long ebony colored pigtails that stopped at her waist.

" Nah. I doubt it's that important or he'd have told us to dress up. Here. Let me go do my hair and put on some shoes and we can go." Hae Jung walked into her room and roughly ran a brush through her shoulder length black hair. She tied it messily into a pony tail and slipped on a pair of black beaded flipflops. She glanced at the mirror briefly and deemed her outfit was suitable enough to go see her grandfather at work. She'd dressed for cleaning that day so she was wearing a teal t-shirt and a pair of jean over-all shorts.

" Okay, ready to go?" She asked Mi Sun, walking out of room her room. Mi Sun had slipped on a pair of black and red canvas shoes and was putting on a stripped midriff hoodie.

" Yeah. Your car or mine?" Mi Sun asked, reaching for her car keys hanging by the door.

" Neither. Apparently, grandfather sent a car for us." Hae Jung murmured, opening the door. She looked out the window and saw a stream of rain sliding down it. Oh great.

" Oh, sweet." Mi Sun exclaimed, running down the steps that lead to the front of their appartment and out the door only to be pelted by the steady sheet of rain that fell.

"Oh. Yeah. It's raining." Hae Jung called out, blandly. She grabbed the yellow hoodie and the umbrella hanging on the coat rack near the door and locked the door to the appartment. She took her time walking down the stairs and spotted Mi Sun waited in the lobby by the glass doors at the entrance.


" Forget something? " Hae Jung asked, holding up the umbrella as her little sister glared at her. " Come on. I think that's our ride. " She remarked watching the limosine pull up. She pulled the hood of her hoodie over her head and opened the umbrella, covering them both before pressing open the door with her foot and running towards the car parked out front. The driver was already there holding the door open for them and they slid into the limo.

"Whew. Maybe this really does have it's up sides." Hae Jung said, pulling her hood off once they were safe and dry inside, " Driving in this rain would have been horrible." Mi Sun nodded, wringing her hair out a bit.

The ride to the building was rather brief and it was filled with small chatter between the girls about what they'd do when they'd get home, what they should get for dinner and when they should put up their new posters they got from the stack of magazines they'd picked up at the store.

The car pulled up right in front and the girls sprinted out of the car and up to their grandfather's office. Kim Hyuk Wan greeted his grand daughters with a kiss on their cheeks.

" My, you girls look so grown up each time I see you." He beamed at them.

" Thank you. What did you want us for, Harabeoji?" Mi Sun asked giving him a hug, forgetting that she was soaking wet.

" You girls got caught out in the rain, I see." He said, chuckling a bit.

" Yeah," Hae Jung laughed a little, " But, Harabeoji, we'd really like to know what this 'summer surprise' is."

" Yes, right. Come with me." He said, moving forward and gesturing for them to follow him. He lead them down the hall and to a room near the end.

" Go in there and wait while I go and find you some towels." He turned away from them and walked down a corridor and out of sight. Hae Jung and Mi Sun exchanged looks before Hae Jung pushed the door open to see 6 people sitting around a table.

" Oh, I'm sorry. Our grandfather told us to wait in here." Mi Sun apologized. " I guess we've got the wrong room." They both turned around to leave.

" No, no. You are Kim Mi Sun and Kim Hae Jung, right?" A middle-aged man at the end asked, standing up.

" Yes. I am Hae Jung. And this is my sister Mi Sun." Hae Jung answered turning back around to face the people in the room. And that's when she noticed the members of Dong Bang Shin Ki seated around the table. Looking just as surprised as they did. Mi Sun blinked a few times.

" Erm. . .Hello." She said, waving awkwardly.

" You are Mi Sun and Hae Jung?" Yoochun asked, sounding in disbelief. They nodded slowly.

" How old are you?" Jaejoong asked, his eyes widening a bit. This was certainly a surprise. They'd expected little girls, with pigtails and clutching teddy bears not two dripping wet young women who looked like they'd outgrowned teddy bears years and years before. Things had just gotten a whole lot more interesting. . .