Stand Up!

The Proposition


Chapter 4



". . .Stand Up!. . ."



 Hae Jung moved to walk forward towards the remaining men seated around the table but something held steadfast to her arm. Looking to her side, she realized that Mi Sun had grabbed hold of her arm and was gripping it tightly between her hands.



" Aigo. What?" She whispered, furrowing her brows at her sister. Mi Sun tugged on her arm, pulling her close enough for her to whisper in her ear.



" What. . .what are we going to do?" She asked, eyes darting around frantiacally. Hae Jung shot a confused look at her.



" What do you mean? We're going to sit down," she said, completely puzzled by what Mi Sun was trying to say. Of course they needed to sit down. They couldn't just stand there like statues in a park. And besides they needed to get to know the men that they would be spending time with. Hae Jung wrenched her arm from her sister's grasp.



" Come on," she whispered back, grabbing Mi Sun's upper arm instead and pulling her towards the table. The soles of Mi Sun's feet skidded along the tiled floors as she was near dragged over. Hae Jung sat in the same seat she'd been sitting in previously, to the left of Yoochun. Mi Sun pulled an empty chair from the end and set it next to her.



" Way to be rude, Mi," Hae Jung whispered harshly in her ear as she sat down.



" I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't want to sit next to Jaejoong," she whispered back. A clearing of a throat stopped both of the girls and made them more aware of what was going on.


" I'd like to bring it to your attention that we can hear every word you're saying," Yunho said, an amused expression on his face. Hae Jung blushed, her eyes growing wide. Mi Sun's eyes widen as well and open and closed several times, words not coming out.


" Really?" Hae Jung asked, embarrassment evident on her red cheeks. All the members nodded, a few stray laughs coming from Junsu 's and Changmin's direction.



" Oh. Well. . .Did you know, Mi Sun can dance?" Hae Jung blurted out, to fill in the awkwardness. Mi Sun's mouth hung completely agape as she turned to stare at her sister.


" Mi Sun can do what?!" She demanded, words coming out almost shrilly.



" Really? Mi Sun, you can dance?" Jaejoong asked, sounding generally surprised. Yunho looked interested as in leaned back in his chair, and the rest of the members were smiling. Mi Sun shook her head, furiously.



" I'm not a dancer. Really, I'm not." She raised her arms up in a defensive manner. Hae Jung rolled her eyes.



" She practices atleast 2 hours a day when she has time. And once she danced for 8 hours straight. She's just being modest."  Hae Jung insisted.



" You should dance for us." Yoochun said, grinning widely. There was a chorus of agreement from the rest of the people in the room.



" I . . .I don't know what to dance. And besides. I don't have any music." She stammered.



" Why don't you dance Purple Line? Isn't that what you've been learning for the past few weeks?" Hae Jung piped up. She reached into her shorts' pocket and pulled out her pink AnyCall Haptic. She scrolled briefly through her phone before finding what she wanted and smiling. " I have Purple Line on here. I carried over all the music from my old phone and put it on here." Mi Sun hung her head. She was out of excuses. Reluctantly she pushed back out of her chair and dragged her feet to the front all the way to the front of the table.



" I don't know all of it." She mumbled down at the floor.


" That's fine. Just dance what you know." Changmin encouraged, anticipation on his face. They all looked eager to watch her dance. Hae Jung turn the song on and set the music on it's loudest setting, placing the phone on the table. Mi Sun counted out the beats in her head before coming in after Yoochun's speaking part. The moves were a little hesitant at first but gained confidence. She freestyled over the bits and parts she didn't know. By the time time Yunho's rap hit, she was hitting the beats move for move, dancing like she was the only one in the room. The only one that could see her. When she was done, she bowed her head as the music cut out. Loud applause startled her and her head shot up. She heard clapping from behind her as well and turned to see that Harabeoji and Dong Bang Shin Ki's manager had returned, bringing with them the food they'd ordered.



" When did you guys get back?" Mi Sun asked, turning red with embarrassment.


" I didn't know you could dance, Mi Sun." Hyuk Wan said, sounding surprised. Mi Sun shrugged it off.


" It's just something I do sometimes." Mi Sun replied, waving it off, "Now, can we eat?" She asked, changing the subject. She didn't want to talk about herself that much. Atleast not in front of Harabeoji. 'He would probably make a big deal of it, anyway.' She thought with a sigh.



 " Yeah, let's eat!" Changmin exclaimed and Junsu nodded vigorously. Mi Sun sat down, breathing out in relief. She punched Hae Jung in her upper arm.


"Aish! What was that for?" She asked, rubbing her arm.


"For volunteering me to dance in front of all of them." Mi Sun hissed back. She took a deep breath and calmed herself as the food was passed out and  they all sat to eat together.


She and Hae Jung chattered lightly with everyone. As she ate, she felt a nagging feeling that someone was watching her. She looked up across the table and saw that Jaejoong had been looking at her. He quickly went back to his meal of spicy kimchi and she smiled down at her food. 'He was looking at me.' She thought to herself, her heart fluttering a little. She felt eyes drilling into her from the side and looked down near the end of the table at Yunho, who was looking her direction as well. He made eye contact with her and smiled and she found herself smiling back as well.



Hae Jung on the other hand had taken to having an enthusiastic conversation with Junsu and Changmin about videogames and the like, with Yoochun smirking along with their antics. She herself was smiling widely and laughing along as they strayed from the original topic to jokes to pure nonsense. She saw in the corner of her eye, Yoochun laughing and looking directly at her. She felt her face warm a bit and continued to converse with the other members.  She turned to Mi Sun and they shared a small sisterly look between them, the happiness in their eyes reflecting back at each other.