Nobody Knows

The Proposition

Chapter 3

". . . Nobody Knows. . ."

 


Hae Jung eyed each member seated around the table and took them all in.  The boys seemed to be studying her and her sister just as they were doing to them. She caught the dark eyes of Park Yoochun peering back at her and felt the breath get knocked from within her. She quickly averted her gaze and concentrated on answering the question asked of her. 

 " I am 20 and will be turning 21 next week. My little sister --"  Hae Jung started, but Mi Sun cut in abruptly.

"--Is not so little, actually. I'm gonna be 20 at the end of the month." She retorted, indignantly. The group before them seemed to be stunned into surprised silence.

 "You can't possibly be the same Kim Hae Jung and Kim Mi Sun going with us to Lotte Hotel Jeju." Yoochun choked out. Hae Jung almost nodded along until she caught the last part of the sentence. 

" Going. . .with you? What?" She asked, her eyebrows shooting upwards. She was beginning to get confused. Mi Sun tugged on her sister's sleeve.

 " Did Harabeoji say anything about  us going to an extravagant resort with the members of Dong Bang Shin Ki?" She whispered, her eyes growing wide. Hae Jung could only shake her head dumbly. ' Oh my.' She thought, her pulse accelerating . This was not the surprise she'd anticipated. And from the shocked expression on Mi Sun's face,  it wasn't hers either.

 The doors to the room took that moment to open and Kim Hyuk Wan  entered through them, carrying  towels in hand. Hae Jung and Mi Sun exchanged gracious looks with him and each took a towel to dry themselves. 

 " Ah, Chairman Kim." The older man situated at the head of the table acknowledged, bowing with respect. 

" It seems you have become acquainted with the band." Hyuk Wan speculated, smiling. 

" Yes. You could say that. Though, they mentioned something about going to Lotte Hotel Jeju. . ." Mi Sun trailed off, leaving her grandfather to explain. 

" Ah, yes," Hyuk Wan said thoughtfully,"Why don't you both sit down so that I can explain everything." Hae Jung hesitated a moment before sitting in the empty seat  next to Yoochun with Mi Sun taking the seat beside her. Hae Jung gulped as she situated herself in her seat. Being so close to the middle low vocal was quite unsettling. Sitting with celebrities wasn't anything new to her or her sister but DBSK was secretly their bias out of all the bands at the company even though they hadn't been able to meet until now. The girls or the guys had always been too busy to meet up  and seemed to narrowly miss each other at every free opportunity.

 Hae Jung felt her heart begin to race faster and quickly looked to Mi Sun to calm herself. Mi Sun seemed to be as far gone as she was. Her gaze was drawn across the table  to Jaejoong,  whom hadn't seemed to notice her incessant stare yet. She swallowed hard, feeling as over whelmed and starstruck as she had when they'd met their first Kpop star. She pulled her eyes away from him as she heard Hyuk Wan begin to speak.

 "Okay, seeing as all of you seem confused, I should explain. My granddaughters  have always lived near the limelight due to my connections here at SM entertainment though they have not been given the privilege to establish or experience real lasting friendships with the talent here due to fans and hectic schedules. When I was informed of the month's vacation time being sought out by DBSK, I figured that both them and the girls could experience a bit of fun and relaxation on Jeju-do. Together. Away from fans and busy schedules. This is also  my birthday present  to both Hae Jung and Mi Sun." A stunned silence  formed and the girls  looked at each other before  looking back at their Grandfather. 

" We're going to Jeju-do for a month. . ." Mi Sun began, disbelief dripping from every word. 

". . .With Dong Bang Shin Ki?" Hae Jung finished, the words falling awkwardly out of .  A month. With the boys whose image covered the side of her wall. The reality of it all finally sank in and she felt the excitement begin to well up in her stomach. She shot an enthused look at her whom herself was smiling widely, the look of astonishment slipping from her features and being replaced by bubbling happiness.

 " Omo. When do we leave?" Hae Jung asked, almost succumbing to the urge to bounce in her seat. 

" Monday afternoon. The plane from Gimpo International Airport to Jeju-do will leave at 1 o'clock. I'll have someone drop off the plane tickets tomorrow."Hyuk Wan replied. 

" Omo. Omo. This is the best present ever, Harebeoji!" Mi Sun exclaimed, jumping out of her seat and running over to her grandfather, the scene reminiscent of birthdays before when she was a little girl. Hae Jung quickly followed suit and the two enveloped their grandfather in a big hug.

 The guys couldn't help but notice the sweet scene before them and smile among themselves. Hae Jung pulled away after a moment, coughing awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her neck in embarassment. 

" So now what? Do we just go home and pack?" Mi Sun asked as she pulled back as well. 

" Eager to get ready to leave, eh?" Hyuk Wan asked, chuckling softly. " I was thinking that the 7 of you could get acquainted over lunch."

 Changmin and Junsu's heads perked up at the last word.

 " Lunch?" They asked simultaneously, grinning widely. The room erupted in light laughter at the two. The air in the room changed to a less tense note  and easiness settled between them.

 " I'll take lunch orders."  The boys' manager spoke up after a moment. They all said what they wanted and he, along with Hyuk Wan, disappeared beyond the doors. Hae Jung and Mi Sun their heels and faced the only other people left in the room. This  would definitely be interesting.