I Met You Because of Music

I Met You Because of Music

 

Chapter 4

(Yuki’s POV)

I was supposed to rest now, but my cousin is here!

“Yuki, where’s Yuri?” Taemin-oppa asked.

We’re now at the garden, sitting on one of the benches, with roses around us.

“She went to a business trip just an hour ago.” I answered, I wasn’t supposed to say this to anyone, but in a matter-of-fact, Taemin-oppa likes Yuri, not just as a dear cousin, it’s more than that.

He sighed, and looked at the sky, “I thought she’s here. I want to see her badly.”

Okay, now, you know it. I stared at him, his almost blond hair is shining by the rays of the sun and his cute features turned to worried ones. “She’ll be back by midnight. Are you going to wait for her?” I asked, even though I already know what he’s going to answer.

“Of course!” he exclaimed, he looked at me, “Would you mind touring me? My class was supposed to start today, but… you know, I hate going to school.”

“Sure, and let me guess why on heck you went to this school,” he really hate school, but he always appear where my sister is, “you’re following Yuri again!”

He chuckled, “Is it bad? I just want to see her, I’ve been stuck in that stinking place!” he told me about his story about his trip to Las Vegas, the place doesn’t really stink, it’s their company. Same for me, I hate managing that company. “And you know what?! I saw lots of girls there!” he exclaimed, “And yet, no pretty. I guess I have to find someone that will satisfy my taste.”

“Okay,” I laughed. “So, are you going to forget my sister, and stop acting as her ‘lover’?”

“Oh no, of course not! Nobody knows that we’re relatives, I still have a chance.”

“Really, oppa! Nobody knows except our family!” we laughed, and talk more, until I realized that it’s already dark.

“Guess it’s time to go back to the dorm.” Taemin-oppa said.

“Yeah,” I stood up and walked towards the building.

“Yuki!” Taemin called, I turned to face him, “See you on class tomorrow.”

I just smiled, and walked away.

When I entered the dorm, where again, I saw the twins I saw before. There were lots of girls surrounding them, I looked at the blonde guy, and he looked at me directly at the eyes! I quickly looked at the floor, embarrassed. Until someone poked my shoulders, I turned and saw Jonghoon-oppa. “Aigoo! You scared me to death!” I exclaimed.

“What? Am I scary-looking now?” he asked.

“No, not really, I’m just… startled.” I looked again at the blonde guy.

“Eh, do you like him?” Jonghoon asked, leaning forward, “He’s my classmate. Jo Youngmin, and that”-he pointed at the dark-haired guy beside him, his twin maybe- “is Jo Kwangmin. They’re twins, like you and Yuri.”

I looked at Jonghoon, “I’m not interested about them.”

“Oh, really?” he eyed me.

“Not. Interested.” I said. “Do you think I’m interested?”

“No,” he leaned back, “I think Yuri’s the one only interested about them.”

That caught me off-guard. Yuri likes them? No way! Jonghoon-oppa must be crazy.

“Can’t believe it?” he asked, as he grinned.

“Yes,” I looked at the Youngmin.

“Oh no, not Youngmin. Yuri likes Youngmin.” He said.

“I don’t like him!” I exclaimed, everyone looked at me, even Youngmin and his twin. Curious eyes are now staring at me.

Jonghoon-oppa laughed, and everyone went back to their business. “What now?” I mouthed.

I sat at the couch, enough for me not to see the twins now. My arms crossed at my chest. Just what the heck did I do?  I thought.

Suzy sat beside me, and saw her eyes glued to Jonghoon, who’s grinning at her.

“Hey,” Jonghoon said.

“Nice meeting you again.” Suzy told him. She smiled.

They held each other’s gazes and kept on smiling, and I felt uncomfortable.

“Okay,” I started, breaking their gazes that’s locked at each other, and the deafening silence. “Can you at least explain to me what’s the meaning of your ‘cheesy-smiles’ each other?”

They both looked at me and smiled.

“She’s my fiancée,” Jonghoon-oppa said. As he reach for Suzy’s hands.

“Bet I need to leave you for a while.” I stood and walked towards the nearest exit.

“Where are you going? It’s already dark outside.” Suzy asked.

“Somewhere where I get to be alone.” I answered as I bolted out of the dorm.

(Jonghoon’s POV)

That’s my cousin! The one that hates ‘lovers’, I want to follow her, as what Yuri asked, ‘take care of her’. I want to do that, but I’ve missed my fiancée for months, and now she’s here!

“So… you know Yuki?” Suzy asked.

“More than that, she’s my cousin.” I answered.

“Oh, I heard the two of you talking about Yuri. Is it Song Yuri or not?”

“Song Yuri.”

“Why?”

“You’re still not changing. A girl full of questions.” I commented.

She giggled. “Well, curious fiancée here. Now please answer my question.”

“Well, Song Yuri is a friend of ours. And we’re worried.”

“Oh,”

“Can you keep a secret of ours?” I asked. I can’t keep secrets from my future wife.

“Sure, hit it.” She said.

I sat beside her and whispered, “Yuri is Yuki’s twin, and they’re both my cousins, Yuri left this afternoon.” I leaned back as I finish the explanation.

I looked at Suzy, eyes wide from the information.

“I guess I shouldn’t have said that.” I murmured.

“NO! No, I’m just surprised. She didn’t tell me anything about it.”

I sighed, of course Yuki won’t say it to anyone.

I looked at the door and saw Yuki, no, not Yuki, YURI!

She’s now wearing a dress, with stars as design and her hair pulled at the back, she’s sweating.

“Is that Yuri?” someone at my back asked.

Oh. No.

I ran towards Yuri and dragged her outside of the building.

“Jonghoon… oppa…” she muttered, she’s panting.

I turned to a halt and looked at her. “What are you thinking?!” I asked, my voice angry.

I saw Suzy behind her, making distance.

“I… I…” she closed her eyes and fell.

I caught her before she hit the ground. I touched her forehead, she’s burning from fever!

Suzy’s now beside me, “What happened?”

“I think she’s sick, can you please find Yuki?” I asked. I turned to Yuri, “Yuri, Yuri-ah!” I shook her but still, she’s unconscious.

I carried her towards the bench and let her lie down, I took off my jacket and put it around her. She began to shiver, I lifted her head and pulled her to my lap as I sit, and hugged her.

After a while, Yuki and Suzy showed up.

“What happened?” Yuki asked as she knelt in front of me. “Let’s bring her to the hospital!” she ordered.

“That’s a bad idea, Yuki.” I said, trying to lower my voice.

“I agree.” Suzy muttered.

“Then what are we going to do?” Yuki cried.

“Let’s bring her to your room.” I suggested.

Yuki stood and told me to carry Yuri up to their room. We used the back door to avoid the students from seeing us. Luckily, no one showed up on our way.

We reached Yuki and Suzy’s room.

“Guess you need to change her clothes, I’m waiting outside.” I immediately went outside and closed the door.

“Is something wrong?” a familiar voice asked.