Chapter 1: Yoseob's Secret

Secrets

JUNHYUNG'S POV:

It was two weeks ago since they both told me their secret...

*flashback*

Ding Dong! 

The doorbell rang, I got up from the couch and opened the door, to my surprise it was Yoseob, I wasn't expecting him to come over since he usually tells me when he'll drop by. "Hey! Wassup?" He didn't reply and just entered the house. What's up with him? I followed him to the living room after I closed the door and sat back on the couch, grabbing the remote and flicking through the channels to see what shows were on. Yoseob was walking back and forth, blocking the tv from my view once in a while. 

"Yah! You're blocking the tv!" I complained. Yoseob finally sat down on the couch next to me and let out an enormous sigh. Something was definitely up so I switched off the tv and turned my full attention to him. "Okay, spill it." 
Yoseob looked at me. "Huh? What? Nothing." 
I rolled my eyes. "Seob, seriously? We've known each other since we were little, I think I'd know when you're lying so tell me what's wrong." I leaned back on the couch, making myself comfortable since it seemed like this was going to be something long. I waited for Yoseob to tell me what was going on, he was looking at the ground while fidgeting with his fingers which made me wonder what was up with him. He seemed so nervous. 
"Well..." He began, still looking at the ground. "I don't really know where to start..." 
"Argh! Just say it!" I shouted, starting to loose patience. Yoseob should know by now how impatient I am yet he's taking his time. 
"These things take time to tell!!" He shouted back. 
"Yoseob, you're delaying!"
"Let me take my time!"
"No! Just say it!!!"
"Fine! I like Doojoon!!!"
My jaw dropped open and my eyes looked at him in disbelief. "WHATT?!?!!!" I shouted while I stood up, looking down at him. "You like Doojoon?!?!" 
Yoseob stood up, putting his hand on top of my mouth to shut me up. "Shhhhh! Someone might hear you!" He looked around the room cautiously, checking if anyone was there. 
I removed his hand from my mouth. "No one's here, stupid." I sat back down, trying to process everything in my head. "So... You like... Doojoon?" I slowly asked. 
"Uh, yh." He stayed standing, looking at the ground. 
I really should've figured it out sooner though. I mean, the way the two acted when they were together was totally different with how they acted towards me. Wow. I seem like some third wheel now that I think about it (-_-")
"Hm, since when?" I asked, I needed to know details. 
"It's been about..." He looked up at the ceiling, calculating how long it's been since he's had this secret crush for his best friend. "Four months, I think?" 
"Four months?!?!!" This caught me by surprise. What kind of best friend was I? How can I not notice this earlier? Yoseob nodded at me. "How did you, uhm, find out you liked him?" 
"Uhm, I can't really explain." He sat down on the floor, resting his back on the couch and resting his head on my legs. "I just knew. We're all best friends, right? But... He doesn't feel like one to me. Well, he does but he doesn't. Argh, do you get what I mean?" I nodded and hummed to show him that I understood exactly what he meant. "I just know I like him." 

I patted his soft chesnut coloured hair while I thought of what to say and how I could make him feel better. You could really tell that this was bothering him since he seemed so confused and you can see that he needed someone's help right now and I'll be there for him. He suffered four months with this secret, not telling anyone and just hiding it. I felt guilty, not even noticing what one of my best friends was going through. I sighed. "Tell him." 
He shot up and looked at me in complete shock, it looked like he thought I've gone completely mad. "No way! He doesn't like me like that." 
"How do you know that if you've never asked?"
"I just know, okay?"
I scratched the back of my head. "Seobbie..."
"No! No. Just no. He doesn't like me the way I like him. I just know it. We're best friends. Plus we're both guys. Doojoon is the manliest out of the three of us, and he's had girlfriends before so he's definitely straight."
"Then what are you going to do with your feelings, hm?" I questioned him. 
"Try to forget it." He stated plainly. 
"Dude, it's been four months and you're still not over him."
"So?"
"So you know what they say..." I shrugged.
"What do they say?" He asked, looking at me with a confused look. 
"If you've had a crush on someone for four months or more, then you're in love." I bluntly replied.
Yoseob's cheeks turned into a shade of pink. "I- Huh? Wha-what?!" He stuttered. 
"You love Doojoon~!" I singsonged while laughing.
Yoseob slapped my arm and covered his face behind his hands. "Shut up!" I started to laugh some more, even though I knew I shouldn't joke about this matter but I just wanted to boost the atmosphere since it felt too serious for me. 
"Man, Seob, just tell him. You never know what might happened." He shook his head while mumbling a no. "Do you want me to ask him then? Let's call him." 
His head shot back up and took a hold of my hands to prevent me from grabbing anything. "NO! Promise me you won't tell Doojoonie about this. Please." I looked at his pleading eyes, how can I ever say no to that? I nodded, promising that I wouldn't say a word to Doojoon. He let go of me and collapsed onto the couch. 

Suddenly Yoseob's phone rang, indicating he had gotten a text message. He opened it, reading its contents and then sighed. "I have to go." He said while standing up. "Gotta help my mum at the restaurant." 

I stood up and we walked our way towards the front door. We said our goodbyes and I walked back into the living room and threw myself onto the couch then turning myself to face the ceiling. "Wow..." I said out loud. I still couldn't believe it. I thought about how Doojoon and Yoseob, how they'd look like as a couple and I had to admit that they would look pretty good together. Doojoon was always protective towards Yoseob and there was always skinship between the two, it wasn't THAT much of skinship but they were always finding a way to touch each other's arms now that I think about it...

 

Every day I shock! Every night I shock!~ 

My thoughts were flushed out by my phone and I grabbed it, checking who was calling me and it was none other than Doojoon. I answered my phone. "Yo."
"You free?" 
"Yeah, why?"
"Come out to the park. The one near your house."
"Uh, okay..." 
"Cya." and with that, the call ended. I didn't ask any other questions and just followed what I was told to do. I grabbed my keys, put them in my pocket, put on my shoes and headed out the door.