Danpatjuk

Love Sick

Two days later at the recording studio.

*ring ring*

“Sorry guys, I have to take this. Hello,” answered TOP.

“Ah, hello, Mr. TOP,” answered Dr. Sagong on the other line. “I was just calling to inform you that I have spoken to Dr. Geum.”

“Ah, really?” said TOP. “Is everything okay then?”

“Well, from my end, everything is just fine. But Dr. Geum would like you to go see him just to be absolutely sure,” said Dr. Sagong.

“What?! But you said everything was fine. Why would I…” said TOP frantically.

“Well, it is but we can never be too careful. So just be a good boy and call to schedule an appointment with Dr. Geum. Okay, bye.” Dr. Sagong hung up the phone leaving TOP on the other end shaking in disbelief that he has to go to another hospital. Although he was reluctant about another hospital trip he decided to call Dr. Geum.

“Ah, this is ridiculous,” said TOP picking up the phone, getting ready to dial for Dr. Geum. “You know what, there better be something up with me because…” TOP stopped to imagine what might be wrong with him. He shuddered in fear. “…yeah, I better be dying for me to be going to all of these stupid appointments.” He took a big sigh and dialed the number for Seoul National University Children’s Hospital.

“Seoul National University Children’s Hospital. How may I help you?” answered a lady.

“May I speak to Dr. Geum, please?” asked TOP anxiously.

“Yes. Please wait a moment.” TOP was waiting on the line for what seemed like a lifetime.

TOP, anxiously waiting on the other line starting cursing at the doctor. “Yah, what could be taking so long? I swear if…”

“Hello. This is Dr. Geum.”

“Ah, yeh. Dr. Geum. This is T…um, Choi Seung-hyun. Dr. Sagong told me to call you to set up an appointment,” said TOP, a little embarrassed that the doctor might’ve heard him say something rude.

“Ah, yes. But I heard you were going by a different name, TOP?” chuckled Dr. Geum. “And yes, I would like for you to come in to see me just for a little bit.”

“Um, if you don’t mind me asking,” started TOP, “but what exactly am I coming in for?”

Dr. Geum started laughing, “Don’t worry. It’s just a routine check-up. Nothing much.” TOP was a little more relieved by hearing this and took a big sigh. “So, would you be able to come in on Tuesday at around noon?”

“Tuesday around noon? Yeah, that would be fine. I’ll come in then,” said TOP.

“Okay, good,” said Dr. Geum, “I’ll see you then. Bye.”

“Bye,” replied TOP so glad that it was probably going to be nothing. He sat down in the hallway up against the recording room’s door. He sat there smiling at his phone when G-Dragon came out.

G-Dragon took a look at TOP’s smiling face and said, “Aww, my hyung is so cute when he smiles.” He bent down to face TOP. TOP automatically changed his smiling face into a blank stare. “Wah, why change your mood so fast?” said G-Dragon, jokingly, poking at TOP’s face.

“Because it’s you,” said TOP blankly.

“Aw, hyung, that hurts. You just cut me real deep there,” said G-Dragon in a sad tone, pretending to stab his heart. “Haha, well anyways,” said G-Dragon suddenly getting all cheery, “Let’s go out to eat. Come on.” G-Dragon pulled TOP off the floor and dragged him down the hall, yelling, “COME ON EVERYBODY! LUNCH TIME!”

“YAY, LUNCH TIME!” yelled Seungri and Daesung as they rushed out of the recording room. “What are we having?” both of them said as they caught up with G-Dragon and TOP.

G-Dragon stopped, looked at TOP and asked him what he wanted. “I don’t care, I just want some danpatjuk (sweet red bean soup),” answered TOP. G-Dragon argued with TOP that danpatjuk was a dessert and that he wanted to eat some real food. TOP countered by saying that if they weren’t going to go for danpatjuk than why bother asking him what he wanted. G-Dragon, not wanting to argue because he was too hungry yelled out, “JAJANGMYUN (red bean paste noodles) IT IS!”

“YES!” yelled out Daesung and Seungri. Daesung and Seungri started singing about eating jajangmyun, walking faster to the exit. “Come on GD!” called out Seungri to G-Dragon. G-Dragon took off with Daesung and Seungri singing happily about eating jajangmyun, he looked back at TOP and said, “I’ll get you some danpatjuk when we get home.”

Taeyang came up behind TOP, “Jajangmyun. Haven’t had that in a while. Should be good,” and he walked off towards the others.

TOP was thinking about his upcoming doctor’s appointment. “Hmm, what will happen? Eh, it’s probably nothing.” He chuckled at his previous thoughts about something being terribly wrong with him. “Yah, GD, you better get me my danpatjuk when we get home!” yelled TOP after G-Dragon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~author's note~~~~~~~~~~

sorry i took forever to update and just ended up giving you this. i don't want to move the story along too fast but i also don't want you guys (readers) to be waiting forever to know what's really going on with TOP and stuff. but don't worry, in the next chapter or so, there should be some questions answered. hope you all keep on reading :D