Ghost Children

Love Sick

“You’ve arrived at your destination,” said the driver, coming to a stop in front of a clinic.

“Huh, what kind of a children hospital is this?” said TOP groggly as he sat up in his seat. He opens up the door and steps outside and lets out a cough. “This place is a little quiet to be housing children,” he said while shivering a little. He puts his hands inside his jacket and walks towards the clinic.

Looking around he could see nobody but a small car sitting outside. All the trees were dead and there wasn’t even a bird in the sky. He starts to get suspicious and turns around to ask the driver whether he got the correct address.

“Yes, sir. This is the place,” said the driver, a little nervous.

“Are you sure?! This looks like a ghost town. Pretty sure the only children here are dead ones,” said TOP as he surveyed the shabby building.

“I’m sorry but this is definitely the place. Um, I’ll be going back to town to get gas for the van and I’ll be back by the time you’re done. Have a good time.” The driver got back into the van and drove off.

“Yah! Don’t leave me here alone,” yelled TOP as he ran after the van. “Aish.” Kicking the dirt. “What the hell?! If I die in this place, I’m going to haunt the out of the others. *sigh* Might as well go in.” With that he walks up to the front of the building. He opens the door, making a creaky sound as he opened and shuts the door behind him. He walks in the walkway into a room with only a couch and a table with outdated magazines on it.

“Hello? I’m TOP of Big Bang. I’m here because…” TOP looks around, seeing nobody, he had shivers running down his spine.

“Hi there sonny!” says an old man patting TOP hard on the back sending TOP to jump in horror.

“AH! What the…*clears throat* I’m sorry. I’m TOP and I’m…”

“I know why you’re here sonny. Come, please. I’m sure that you’re a pretty busy boy,” said the old man directing TOP to what seemed like the examination room. “Here, have a seat there and please take off your jacket.”

“Um, what? I’m sorry Mr…” TOP said a little scared and taken aback.

“Dr. Sagong,” interjected the old man.

“Okay, Dr. Sagong. I think there has been a mistake. I was supposed to be here for a volunteer sort-of-thing at a children’s hospital…”

“Children’s hospital? Oh, sonny, the only thing that’s even close to kids here are the precious souls that are waiting to be taken back home,” chuckled Dr. Sagong.

“I knew it!” thought TOP, thinking back to running after the van.

“And there’s no mistake. Look here,” Dr. Sagong hands TOP an appointment paper. “See, you are here for an appointment scheduled by your manager. Now would you please take off your jacket so I can examine you properly.”

“But an appointment for what?” asks TOP, taking off his jacket. “There’s nothing wrong with me.”

“Are you sure? I heard from your manager and from your group mates that you have been having a bad cough for a while now,” said Dr. Sagong putting on exam gloves and preparing his stethoscope.

“They tricked me! Those little s!” thought TOP as he glared to his side.

“What? That old thing,” chuckling TOP, turning back towards Dr. Sagong. “If it’s just that, then it’s nothing. No need to worry. I’ll just be going then.” TOP starts to get out of the chair.

“Oh, if only it was that easy,” Dr. Sagong said with a serious look on his face as he pushes TOP back into the chair. “You see, your manager paid to close this clinic down for this time period just so that you can get a little privacy in this check-up. Now I don’t want to sound rude, but you better respect that and my time.”

TOP, more scared at the moment, sat back down in the chair.

“Okay, let’s get started shall we?” said Dr. Sagong cheerily.

“I don’t know what I’m more scared of: the ghost children or this doctor?” thought TOP as the examination went on.

30 minutes pass and the examination was over.

“That was pretty quick. I guess I’m done now. So I’ll just be leaving then. Thank you,” TOP bows as he grabs his jacket, starting for the door.

“Hold on a minute there, sonny,” said Dr. Sagong flipping through his examination notes. “I’m sure that your cough is just a cough, as you said, but there is something a little different with your breathing. Are you sure there isn’t anything that you haven’t told me. Anything?”

TOP stops for a minute. “Um, no Dr. Sagong.”

“Are you sure? Nothing? No prior similar symptoms? Family history that you might’ve forgotten?”

A little hesistant, TOP answers no again.

“Well, okay then. Just making sure because I wouldn’t want you to drop dead on your next performance,” chuckled Dr. Sagong as he pats TOP on the back. “Of course you won’t though, you’re a strong boy.”

TOP smiles and walks with Dr. Sagong to the front of the clinic. TOP said his thank you and goodbye to Dr. Sagong and pulls out his phone to call for the driver to come back.

“Yeah, I’m done here. Come pick me up.”

As TOP hung up the phone he thinks back to what Dr. Sagong said about him “dropping dead” on his next performance. All of a sudden a shock of fear runs through his entire body. Without realizing it, TOP was rushing back inside the clinic yelling for Dr. Sagong.

“Well, what’s wrong sonny? Wanna give me an autograph?” laughed Dr. Sagong.

“Um, well, I did forget…I mean, didn’t say that I had…I mean I did have a serious case of asthma when I was younger,” said TOP relieved.

“Well, that could be the case then. Did you get hospitalized?” asks Dr. Sagong.

“Yeah, for a while when I was a child,” said TOP sadly, looking back on his childhood.

“Oh the things that can be kept secret in you star’s lives. Well, I’m going to need your medical file and check in with your doctor. Can you give me the information of the doctor and hospital?”

“Um, I don’t remember. But I can call my mom to check for me,” said TOP, relieved but a little scared.

“Okay, will until then, you need to take it a little easy. I’m sure it’s nothing serious. Okay, kiddo?” Dr. Sagong putting on a smile trying to cheer up the dreaded look on TOP’s face.

“Ok, you got it,” sighed TOP. “Bye. And I’ll call when I get that information.”

TOP walks out the clinic to the waiting van outside. The driver opens the door for him and asks if the appointment went well. “As well as it gets,” said TOP getting into the car. “I want to go home. I’m tired.” *cough cough*