My Seung-hyun

Love Sick

The next day, TOP paces back and forth in the living room. Deciding whether to call his mom or not for the information that Dr. Sagong asked for. He worried over how his mother would react if he asked: would she be scared that something was up again? Or would she just let it slide thinking it was for something else? TOP continues to pace. Sitting in the couch then getting up again. Dialing the number then erasing it.

“What’s hyung so worked over about?” asks Seungri standing behind the couch. Daesung was sitting there eating some strawberry marshmallow jellies with G-Dragon.

“I don’t know, either. But GD and I think that it’s over some girl,” said Daesung, popping more candy into his mouth. “We’ve been playing out his thoughts this whole time.”

“Yeah, over some model and he’s worried that he might get rejected,” laughed G-Dragon as he reaches over to take a jelly.

“Ooh, fun! I want in on this” exclaimed Seungri, and sat down right between Daesung and G-Dragon, grabbing for a jelly. “So, what’s the story so far?”

“Well,” starts Daesung, “TOP is deciding whether to call or not, because since she is a model she might be busy and being the nice guy that he is, he doesn’t want to interrupt or get her in trouble if she was in some photoshoot or something.”

“Yeah, and see how he’s always looking at the clock,” added G-Dragon, “he’s wondering if she would be out of work or something.”

“Uh-hm,” interjected Daesung. Then imitating TOP’s voice, “ ‘Ah, should I call or not? Would she be out? Why is getting a girl so hard?’” Daesung, Seungri, and G-Dragon starts laughing.

“’I’m such a hopeless man,’” continued G-Dragon imitating TOP’s voice, “’Why couldn’t I look as adorable as GD, so that this wouldn’t be so hard. If only I looked like him, I would have girls swarming me all the time.’”

“’Or could still be as young as Seungri,’” attempted Seungri but failing at a TOP imitation. “’If only I was still so youthful, I could keep up in this thing called love. But I’m so old now *starts to fake cry*.”

The three start busting out laughing with their mouths filled with strawberry marshmallow jellies. They continued on with their fantasy story about how TOP was a hopeless, old man, who wants love but can’t get it. They didn’t stop to notice that TOP stopped pacing and was now standing there, staring at them.

“What’s gotten into those three fools?” asked TOP a little puzzled at the sight he was staring at. Daesung, Seungri, and G-Dragon were all laughing and falling over each other on the couch, continuing to stuff their faces with candy.

“Don’t bother with them. They’re lost now in their own world,” said Taeyang as he came up to TOP. “So, have you called your mom yet?”

Looking down at his phone, “No. I don’t know how I should go about this. What if she freaks out?” TOP was still struggling with what his mom might think.

“Well, I don’t know why she would think of it as a bad thing, so just go ahead and call her,” said Taeyang reassuringly patting TOP on the back. “Plus, I’m sure that she’d be glad to hear from her son.”

TOP smiled at Taeyang, “Yeah, I guess you’re right. Alright, I’m calling her.” TOP went outside to make his call.

“Wait, what happened? Did he finally decide to call the girl?” asked Seungri as he came out of his fantasy stupor.

Daesung pretended to hold a phone with his hands up to his face, “’Ah, I just wanted to tell you that I really like you and that…if it was okay with you…Wanna go on a date with me?’” said Daesung imitating TOP’s voice and pretending to shake nervously. Daesung, Seungri, and G-Dragon busted out laughing again.

Taeyang grabbed the bag of candy from Daesung, looking at the wrapper, “What do they put in these candies? Should children really be eating this?” He looked puzzled back and forth from the bag of candy to the three on the couch dying from laughter.

 

 

“Yobosaeyo?” answers a woman on the other line.

“Uh, hi, Umma,” said TOP nervously, “It’s me, Seung-hyun.”

“Ah, Seung-hyun! How have you been? Have you been eating right? Wearing clean clothes?” asks his mom cheerily.

TOP chuckles at his mom, “Neh, umma. I’m doing fine. How have you been?”

“Oh, that goods then. I’m doing fine. Everybody is doing fine,” answers his mom.

“That’s good. Um, umma, I need to ask you something,” said TOP nervously.

“Yeah, what is it? *GASP* Are you going to ask me if you can get married? Oh, my Seung-hyun is all grown up and finally ready to give me a daughter-in-law and a grandchild!” said TOP’s mom, fantasizing about her new daughter-in-law and her future grandchild.

“NO! Umma,” said TOP sadly.

“Oh, well, a woman can dream, can’t she?” laughed TOP’s mom. “So, what is that you wanted to ask?”

“I…” started TOP, “I need the information about the doctor and hospital that I stayed at when I was younger. The one that I was in before I auditioned.” TOP stood there with the phone, nervously awaiting his mother’s reply.

“Oh, sure. That’s no problem at all,” cheerily answered TOP’s mom. “But it’s been so long, why do you need that information now?”

“It’s nothing. Just routine check-up,” said TOP, trying to come up with something broad, not wanting to scare his mother.

“Okay. Well, hold on a minute. I have to dig through some old papers,” said TOP’s mom. TOP can hear his mom rustling through papers. “You have been to so many doctors, it’s hard.”

TOP just stood there with his mom on the other line of the phone. Waiting patiently for his mother to tell him the doctor and hospital. He waited, what seemed like a century for his mother to find the information.

“Ah, found it,” shouted TOP’s mom through the phone. “Okay, the hospital was Seoul National University Children’s Hospital, and your doctor was…Dr. Geum. Oh yeah, I remember now. Dr. Geum was such a nice doctor, he always gave lollipops to the children but you wouldn’t take any because you hated him for some reason,” chuckled TOP’s mom.

“Okay, thanks mom,” said TOP. “Bye.”

“Bye, Seung-hyun,” said TOP’s mom, he could hear the sobbing start. “Are you ever going to come home? I know being a star takes up a lot of your time but we miss you too.”

TOP, trying hard not to cry, “Araso. I promise I’ll come home. Hey, umma, can you say my name again?”

“Seung-hyun?” said his mom.

“Neh, khamsamnida. Love you mom, bye.” Said TOP, trying hard to keep his hands steady.

“Neh, I love you too, my Seung-hyun. Bye.” TOP hung up on his mom, wiping a stray tear from his face. Suddenly Seungri rushes through the door, “So what did she say…eh, Hyung, why are you crying?”

Taking a deep breath, “I’m not crying. Just got something in my eye,” said TOP turning away from Seungri.

Daesung and G-Dragon walk out to see Seungri looking puzzled at TOP. “I guess, he got rejected,” said Daesung sadly but still smiling thinking about the story that they made up.

“Aw, it’s okay,” said G-Dragon as he walks up to TOP, “we all love you,” and gave TOP a hug.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you guys?!” yelled TOP at the three.

“Oh crap! He’s mad!” yells Seungri, “Run you guys before beats the crap out of us!” Seungri grabs G-Dragon and starts running off back inside the house.

“It’s okay, hyung! We can’t all be successful at love!” yelled Daesung at TOP running after Seungri and G-Dragon.

Taeyang walks out of the house bumping into Daesung, “Love?” said Taeyang confused. Then to TOP, “So, what did your mom say? Was she okay with it?”

TOP stood there with a confused look on his face after what just happened with Seungri, Daesung, and G-Dragon. He shook his head, trying to shake off the confusement. “Uh, she was fine with it. It’s all good now,” answered TOP.

“That’s good. Now go get ready, we have a show to go do,” said Taeyang pushing TOP back into the house.