Chubby Monkey

Love Sick

CLASH! BANG! TINK! TINK!

“YAH! SHUT UP OUT THERE!” yells TOP as he pulls the blanket up over his head trying to get back to sleep. “Seriously.”

“TOP HYUNG! GET UP! WE MADE PANCAKES!  YOUR FAVORITE!” yelled Seungri from the kitchen.

TOP in bed pulls the blanket off his head. Sniffs the air of blueberry pancakes and gets out of bed. He walks to the bathroom, quickly dowsed his face with water. Walks back to his bed, slips on his slippers and goes to the kitchen.

“You guys are so loud even in the morning. But since there’s pancakes, I’ll forgive you just this once,” TOP said as he walks towards the stacks of pancakes. He takes the whole plate of pancakes, sits down at the table and pours what seems like a gallon of syrup on it.

“Whoa! Slow it down there monkey,” said G-Dragon. “You do remember why you didn’t make it into the group on the first try right? Mr. Chubby Monkey.” G-Dragon making a smudgy face while pinching TOP’s face.

TOP smiled with a mouth filled with pancakes at G-Dragon. “Do that again and you’d be the next thing that’s going to be stabbed with this fork,” smirks TOP as G-Dragon backs away behind Taeyang.

“Okay, so the schedule for today is…”says Taeyang as he scrolls through his phone, “a photoshoot and then we’re off to volunteer at a children’s hospital.”

*cough, cough* TOP almost chokes on his pancakes. After drinking his milk and taking a breath, “We’re going where?”

“A children’s hospital, hyung” said Daesung cheerily as he puts his arms around TOP.

TOP pushes Daesung off. “I heard that, I’m not deaf,” says TOP as he glares at Daesung. “Why are we going there?”

“Oh right. TOP plus hospital equals big NO-NO,” says G-Dragon walking from behind Taeyang and grabbing an apple.

“Wait, what? Really? Why?” questions Seungri at TOP.

“It’s nothing,” says TOP trying to dodge the question. “Taeyang, why are we going there again?”

Taeyang scrolling through his phone again, “Well, our manager didn’t say why. So I’m guessing as volunteer work or something.”

“Volunteer work? What are we, inmates?” snarled TOP.

“Haha, you’re funny hyung,” chuckling Seungri. “Inmates wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a children’s hospital.” Seungri laughs while patting TOP on the back.

“Well, whatever it is we have to do it. Okay.” G-Dragon puts up a cutesy peace sign. “Let’s go!”

 

*SNAP SNAP*

“Yes, magnificent! You guys are amazing! Okay one more…GREAT! Okay that was it for today. Thank you boys for your amazing work.” The photographer snaps one more picture and sends the boys off.

“I love photoshoots! They better have a good picture of me,” said G-Dragon as they head off to the dressing room. “But I know all photos of me are AWESOME! I mean, look at me, I’m adorable!”

Daesung jokingly pushes G-Dragon into the wall. “Yeah, Mr. Awesome, we all know how adorable you are,” he said, rolling his eyes and smiling.

The boys changed and headed off to the van that was headed to TOP’s dreaded hospital. On the way to the van, Taeyang gets a call from their manager: “Sorry boys but the visit the children’s hospital has been canceled…”

“Yes!” thought TOP.

“…for four of you guys. We have a schedule conflict and only one of you boys get to go. There should be another van there to take you guys back to the company. The four boys staying are Taeyang…”

“And TOP!” thought TOP.

“…G-Dragon…”

“And TOP!” thought TOP, crossing his fingers now.

“…Daesung…”

“AND TOP!! COME ON, SEUNGRI WOULD BE PERFECT WITH CHILDREN! HE’S PRACTICALLY ONE OF THEM! COME ON! CALL MY NAME. T-O-P…TOP!” TOP pleaded with his thoughts like somehow the manager can hear him.

“…and the last unlucky person to not go is Seungri.”

“YES!” yelled TOP. “Wah-wait! WHAT?!”

“Lame! I wanted to go see and play with all the children,” sobbed Seungri. “Lucky hyung. Hope you have fun. Bye!” Seungri runs off to the other van with Daesung in arm trailing behind G-Dragon.

“Sorry, TOP. But enjoy this opportunity,” smirks Taeyang as he heads off in the direction of the other boys.

“Enjoy this moment?! What is there to enjoy?! Not only are there kids but they have to be in a hospital. *Big sigh* A hospital of all places.” TOP depressingly walks to the van that was going to take him to the children’s hospital. “Might as well take a nap on the drive there.”

 

-IN THE OTHER VAN HEADING BACK TO THE COMPANY-

“Hey, why aren’t we going to the children’s hospital again?” asks Daesung to Taeyang.

“Well, TOP isn’t really going to a children’s hospital,” said Taeyang, chuckling to himself.

“Wait. Then where is he going then?” questions Seungri.

“He’s going to a hospital but not a children’s hospital. He’s been having this nasty cough for a while now and I, along with the manager and G-Dragon, just thought that it was about time he got it checked out.” Taeyang replied.

“Aw, I feel so bad keeping something like this from my monkey, so bad. But it’s for his own good,” G-Dragon said sadly.