☂ Rain

Tears of Heaven
It's another rainy day but Chanmul doesn't go to the park again this time. Sungyeol stays with her just to make sure that she will be sheltered from the rain.
 
She comes to a realization that she has made her parents and Sungyeol worried. Sungyeol assured her so many times that Junhyung must be unhappy as well if he knows about it.
 
Sungyeol is right. Junhyung feels sad looking at the girl he loves to spend her days with tears and regrets. He wants to tell her that he loves her and it's not her fault at all.
 
On top of all, he still doesn't want to believe that he is just a spirit now. He cried after he remembered everything yesterday. He even went to his house and he finally believed everything after he saw his parents cried.
 
He even went to find his tomb and he did find one. He couldn't deny the fact that he's dead already.
 
"Chanmul," Sungyeol closes the door behind him and approaches the girl. He hands over a music book to her and smiles, "This is Junhyung's music book. I wanted to give you before but I think it's not the right time... yet."
 
Junhyung feels weird because he is pretty sure that he put the book in his apartment before. He even wrote a song after the day he saw Chanmul and Sungyeol at the park on rainy day.
 
He scoffs with sarcasm, knowing that it must be a sweet dream that he still could write a song on the book when the book was actually all along in Sungyeol's hand.
 
Chanmul takes the book and opens it to reveal some songs that she knew already because Junhyung always showed her. She finds a new song on the last page and she frowns, "A new one..."
 
Junhyung blinks as he tries to remember what song it is. He never wrote a new one after his quarrel with Chanmul. Not when he's alive.
 
He wonders if it's possible that it's the song that he wrote as a spirit. He doesn't believe it so he approaches Chanmul to see the musical notes.
 
"I think it's a song for you," Sungyeol smiles warmly to her. "If you stay like this, Junhyung can't rest in peace, you know. Let him go, Chanmul."
 
Chanmul starts to cry again but she quickly wipes the tears away, "Junhyung Oppa liked rain... He said because it reminded him of my name..."
 
Junhyung can't help himself but to smile because he remembers the moments. Chanmul means "cold water" in Korean and he always thought that her name is beautiful.
 
"Can I...," Chanmul clears and forces a weak smile. "Can I send him off with this song?"
 
Sungyeol gives her a nod while Junhyung looks at the girl lovingly. His heart aches, knowing that this time will come when Chanmul tries to move on from her sadness.
 
Chanmul puts her fingers on the keyboard and then plays the melodies beautifully. It's Junhyung who taught her how to play the keyboard so she really wants to play the last song by Junhyung by herself.
 
"Sesangi eoduwojigo
Joyonghi biga naerimyeon
Yeojeonhi geudaero
Oneuldo eogimeobsi nan
Beoseonajil motane
Neoui saenggak aneseo"
 
When the world turns dark
And the rain quietly falls
Everything is still
Even today, without a doubt
I can’t get out of it
I can’t get out from the thoughts of you
 
Junhyung wrote this song because he couldn't get Chanmul out of his mind after he saw her crying. He never thought that he is her reason to cry.
 
"Ije
Kkeuchiraneun geol aljiman
Miryeoniran geol aljiman
Ije anil geol aljiman
Geukkajit jajonsime neol japji motaetdeon naega
jogeum aswiul ppuninikka"
 
Now
I know that it’s the end
I know that it’s all just foolishness
Now I know that it’s not true
I am just disappointed in myself for
Not being able to get a hold of you because of that pride
 
Chanmul sings the song while holding back her tears. She doesn't know why but she has a feeling that Junhyung is listening to her right now.
 
"Biga oneun naren nareul chajawa
Bameul saewo goerophida
Biga geuchyeogamyeon neodo ttaraseo
Seoseohi jogeumssik geuchyeogagetji"
 
On the rainy days you come and find me
Torturing me through the night
When the rain starts to stop, you follow
Slowly, little by little, you will stop as well
 
There is one thing that she never told Sungyeol. Chanmul swears that she could feel Junhyung's presence whenever she's at the park on rainy days. She doesn't know how to explain it but she just knows.
 
"Ije
Neoreul da jiwonaetjiman
Modu da biwonaetjiman
Ttodasi biga naerimyeon
Himdeulge sumgyeonwatdeon neoui
Modeun gieokdeuri
Dasi dorawa neol chatna bwa"
 
Now
I erased all of you
I emptied out all of you
But when the rain falls again
All the memories of you I hid with effort
It all comes back, it must be looking for you
 
Junhyung has forgot everything and Chanmul has tried her best as well but when the rain pours down, the memories of their times just cross their mind.
 
They regret that the last memory they have is not a good one.
 
"Biga oneun naren nareul chajawa
Bameul saewo goerophida
Biga geuchyeogamyeon neodo ttaraseo
Seoseohi jogeumssik geuchyeogagetji"
 
On the rainy days you come and find me
Torturing me through the night
When the rain starts to stop, you follow
Slowly, little by little, you will stop as well
 
Chanmul stops because she can't hold back her tears anymore. She cries and cries, apologizing to Junhyung, "I'm sorry, Oppa... I'm sorry..."
 
Sungyeol was going to hug her but then he stops when his eyes find something impossible right in front of him.
 
He doesn't know if it's just a hallucination but he sees Junhyung is standing next to her and he hugs Chanmul with a warm yet sad smile.
 
"Thank you for loving me...," Junhyung whispers. He doesn't care if Chanmul can hear him or not. "I'll be leaving now but never forget me..."
 
Chanmul stops crying because she can feel the presence of unseen spirit. She can't hear Junhyung at all but then she is sure that she hears Junhyung's voice vividly.
 
That's when Chanmul believes with all her heart that Junhyung is with her all the time until that day. Junhyung wants her to stop torturing herself with regret.
 
He loves her and that's why he knows it's the best for her to send him off.
 
"When the rain falls, the heaven is crying."