☂ Junhyung

Tears of Heaven
It was a sunny day where people wanted to spend the Sunday with their beloved ones, including the young man and his girlfriend.
 
They walked to the park where they always spent most of their dates together instead of watching movies or playing at the amusement park. They just loved to have a good talk and pass the good times.
 
"Oppa, I guess you really need to talk with your parents," the girl opened up a conversation with her boyfriend as he pushed the swing for her slowly. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to stay like thi-"
 
"We've talked about this before," the guy answered without any change in his tone. Actually he felt annoyed already but he didn't want to hurt the girl's feeling.
 
It's been a while since both of them spent times without arguing due to their different point of views. The guy just wanted to forget about everything when they're together but the girl was too worried about him.
 
She felt guilty, of course, but she felt useless as well. If only she could help him, she said to herself everyday. She knew how much her boyfriend wanted to be a music composer yet his parents objected to his dream.
 
Two of them had maintaned a good relationship ever since two years ago. He was her senior during college days and finally, on his graduation day, he finally confessed and she accepted his feeling happily.
 
However it's not easy for them to stay still because of his family. They wanted their son to go overseas and continue their family business instead of wandering around with a girl to be a musician.
 
There were times when she thought it would be better if they just broke up but the guy refused it. It's the only request from the girl he loved that he would never fulfill, no matter what happened.
 
"Oppa, it's not that I don't support you," she stood up and looked at him. "Or at least let me try to talk with them. Maybe I can-"
 
"Stop it, Chanmul," he stated with serious expression. He gritted his teeth to surpress his emotion. "If all you want to do is lecturing me today, I better spend my time at the music room."
 
He was not mad at Chanmul. He was mad at himself for being so weak that his girlfriend needed to help him. He was ashamed with himself.
 
"Oppa! Junhyung Oppa!" Chanmul tried to catch up with Junhyung but she stopped right away when raindrops fell on the Earth.
 
Both of them didn't even realize that the sun hid itself behind the cloud because they were too deep in their arguments.
 
"Let me be alone for now, Chanmul," Junhyung sighed heavily before giving his black umbrella that he brought along since he heard about the weather forecast in the morning. "I'll see you again tomorrow."
 
Chanmul took the umbrella and held it with confused expression. She really wanted to follow Junhyung but she was too afraid that he would be mad at her so she just stood there, in the middle of the rain, and cried because of the heartache she felt.
 
She never thought that it would be the last time she saw him.
 
☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂
 
Two hours had passed after Junhyung left Chanmul alone at the park. The sun had set and the moon had appeared but the rain still poured down heavily.
 
Strange enough Chanmul, who had went to the music studio where she thought Junhyung would be there, didn't find her boyfriend there. She began to worry after waiting for thirty minutes.
 
It's a music studio that their best friend owned. He was the one who supported Junhyung's dream and he let Junhyung to use a room for himself only.
 
"Chanmul!" the familiar voice of her best friend echoed. He opened the door without even bothering to knock. When he saw Chanmul was all safe, he quickly rushed to her and hugged her tight, "Thanks God you're alright..."
 
"Eh?" the bad feeling suddenly engulfed her heart. She pushed her friend slightly to ask for an explanation, "What you mean, Sungyeol Oppa? What happened?"
 
Sungyeol bit his bottom lip reluctantly, feeling sorry about what he had heard before he stormed to come here because he knew Chanmul would be here. He couldn't believe his hearing either but what happened had happened.
 
An hour ago Junhyung called Sungyeol and poured out his heart, about how much he felt weak in front of Chanmul. He was on his way to the music studio and, no matter how hard Sungyeol told him to stop talking under the rain, Junhyung kept walking without looking around.
 
That's when he didn't notice a truck was heading to him with full speed. The driver was late to his appointment and his sight was blurred because of the rain.
 
Within split of seconds, the conversation between Junhyung and Sungyeol was cut. Sungyeol only heard the loud noise but he had no idea what happened there.
 
Junhyung passed away due to loss of blood before he even arrived at the hospital.
 
☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂
 
Chanmul broke down with tears after Sungyeol told her about the sad news. She didn't want to believe it but after she went to the hospital, she must faced the truth no matter how much she wanted to deny it.
 
Junhyung's parents were present and his mother blamed Chanmul. Sungyeol was the one who protected her, trying to assure her that Chanmul had nothing to do with the accident.
 
If there was anyone to blame, Sungyeol believed it's him who was supposed to be blamed. If only he stopped the conversation, Junhyung might had noticed about the truck.
 
"I'm sorry...," Chanmul sobbed uncontrollably, squatting down at the corner of the corridor. "I'm sorry, Oppa..."
 
She felt like the world had been taken away from her. The last thing that happened between her and Junhyung was another stupid argument. Chanmul hated herself for it.
 
While Sungyeol was busy calming down Junhyung's parents, Chanmul slipped out from the hospital and went to the park where she met with Junhyung for the last time.
 
It's almost midnight but Chanmul didn't care anymore. She stood there under the rain which poured down again once she arrived at the park.
 
As if the heaven was crying for her.