☂ Sungyeol

Tears of Heaven
Junhyung opens his eyes and sees the ceiling, just to remind him that he is all alone in his empty apartment room. He sighs heavily and covers his eyes with the right arm, "I feel tired..."
 
He sits up and looks through the window, "Ah, it's not raining again today..."
 
Ever since the day where Junhyung saw Chanmul with Sungyeol, the sun shines brightly everyday. Strange enough even after he witnessed the closeness between the girl and boy, Junhyung still wants to see Chanmul.
 
"Maybe he is her brother," Junhyung convinces himself, staring blankly at the window. "It's alright if I just want to be friends with her, right?"
 
Having no idea about what he will do for the rest of the day, he decides to walk out from the apartment room and goes to the park. He always found Chanmul after the rain felt so this time he wants to wait for her.
 
He tucks his hands inside his jacket pocket and wanders around, enjoying the sunshine. He accidentally bumps his shoulder with someone when his eyes are fixed at the music store.
 
"Ah, sorry, I-" the words are stuck in his throat when he looks at the person right in front of him. Out of all people he doesn't expect he would bump onto the person he thought this morning.
 
Junhyung opens his mouth to say something but then he closes it again when Sungyeol frowns with serious expression, looking at him with piercing gaze. He heaves a sigh and shakes his head slowly, "What a fool..."
 
With that he turns around and walks away from Junhyung who is dumbfounded with his statement. Junhyung doesn't understand why Sungyeol acts so cold towards him.
 
Is it because he tried to approach Chanmul that day? Is it because Sungyeol is actually Chanmul's boyfriend?
 
Feeling curious, Junhyung follows Sungyeol, forgetting about his original plan to find Chanmul at the park. The sun is still shining brightly and he is sure enough that Chanmul will not be there.
 
He follows Sungyeol until the guy stops his steps in front of a small music studio. Sungyeol looks at the "Heaven" board before taking a deep breath and goes inside, walking pass the empty front desk.
 
Sungyeol finds his way smoothly until he finds the room he is looking for. He doesn't bother to knock and just opens the door right away to face the girl who has stayed there for hours since the morning.
 
Junhyung tries his best to hide himself from Sungyeol. When Sungyeol has closed the door behind him, Junhyung quickly grabs a chair nearby and he climbs up the chair to take a peek of what's inside from the upper window.
 
His lips form into a curve when he sees Chanmul is sitting behind the electric keyboard with no expression. She stops playing when she notices Sungyeol's presence.
 
"How long have you been here, Chanmul?" Junhyung can hear Sungyeol's voice through the slightly opened window. He holds his breath when Sungyeol Chanmul's hair lovingly. "Let's go home, okay?"
 
Chanmul shakes her head and intertwines her fingers together, putting them near her lips as she closes her eyes, "I can't... I want to be here until he comes..."
 
"Chanmul," Sungyeol cups one of her cheeks and holds her hand with the other hand, "I know you're lonely. I know you miss him but you can't stay like this forever. He-"
 
"It's raining...," Chanmul ignores Sungyeol and looks at the window which faces to outdoor. The raindrops slowly fall onto the ground as the sun has disappeared behind the cloud. "I need to go..."
 
Chanmul pulls her hand away and then walks out from the room. Junhyung quickly steps down from the chair when Chanmul leaves her seat. He sighs in relief when Chanmul doesn't notice his precense and just walks out from the building with her black umbrella.
 
While Sungyeol just sits down with frustration, Junhyung quickly follows Chanmul outside even though he doesn't have an umbrella to shelter himself. He runs through the rain and catches up with Chanmul.
 
"You're here...," he whispers to himself when he arrives at the park where he saw Chanmul for the first time.
 
There she is, standing alone with tears roll down on her cheeks. She looks up to the sky and sobs in silence, crying for a reason that Junhyung doesn't know.
 
He takes steps closer to the girl but her back is facing him so she probably has no idea about Junhyung is there with her.
 
"I'm sorry...," he hears Chanmul apologizes. "I know you don't want to see me cry..."
 
Chanmul closes her umbrella intentionally, letting herself to be drenched under the rain. Junhyung gasps in surprise. He quickly takes off his jacket to cover Chanmul but he stops when he hears Chanmul's soft voice.
 
"I'm sorry for loving you this much, Oppa..."
 
Another tear escapes Junhyung's eyes once again this time.
 
His heart aches really bad that he loses his strength to approach Chanmul. There is this unexplained feeling that engulfs his heart, telling him that it's useless for him to be with Chanmul.
 
"Chanmul!" Sungyeol shouts the name out loud. He runs pass Junhyung and pulls the girl into a hug, embracing the fragile girl. "Stop it. If it hurts you, just forget him."
 
Junhyung finally gathers his urge to open his mouth to ask a question. He knows it's too reckless because he is only a stranger for both of them but he can't hold it any longer.
 
"Why is she crying?" he asks Sungyeol with trembling voice.