☂ Chanmul

Tears of Heaven
"It's raining again," Junhyung murmurs to himself, looking through the window from his bedroom. He heaves a sigh and then turns around just to see his empty room.
 
There is almost nothing left inside except the bed, the wooden table along with a chair, and the empty wardrobe.
 
"A week, eh?" he leans his back against the wall, staring at the empty bed. "I wonder how long I can stay like this."
 
Junhyung feels sick already with the small and lonely room but he tries his best to ignore the feeling. He wants to show his family that he can be independent without their help.
 
As the oldest son of a wealthy family, Junhyung is expected to be the predecessor for their business but he doesn't have any intention to do it. He is a free spirit who will pursue his own dream as a music composer.
 
It's been two months since he ran from his house and stayed in the small apartment by himself. He hides his true identity while he tries to find a permanent job as a composer.
 
However it's not an easy task since his parents object his wish. They make sure that no company will accept Junhyung, making him to suffer for the earlier weeks without any support for his life.
 
As if it's not enough, the owner of the apartment took all of his stuff because he can't pay the rent this month. Junhyung secretly stays in the room with the key duplicate he made days before.
 
He returns his gaze to the window and then smiles weakly, "I wonder if you're there again today..."
 
Junhyung grabs his white umbrella and then walks out from the apartment carefully, heading to the park he always visits whenever the rain falls down. How he wishes that the girl will be there.
 
And she is there.
 
Today the girl wears a black turtleneck top and gray mini skirt. Once again the black umbrella accompanies her, sheltering her from the heavy rain.
 
Her tears are rolling down on her cheeks.
 
Junhyung feels his heart ache when he sees her crying. He wants to know why she always cries whenever he sees her. He wonders why she is always there on rainy days.
 
Junhyung wants to see her smile.
 
Even just for once.
 
He finally gathers his courage and then steps closer to the swing where the girl sits down. He shifts his umbrella on top of her and lets himself to be drenched under the rain.
 
"You'll get cold if you stay like this everyday," he mutters softly.
 
The girl looks up at him but there is no change on her expression. She drops her gaze again and wipes away her tears roughly, "What a fool I am..."
 
"I...," Junhyung pauses for seconds, thinking about what he should say to the girl because there is a possibility that she thinks of Junhyung as a bad guy who approaches her for a benefit. "I saw you crying..."
 
"I was walking alone in the rain when I saw you, standing as if you were in your own world, letting the heavy rain to pour," Junhyung explains as the memory of the first day he saw her crosses his mind. "You were crying."
 
It's almost midnight that day but Junhyung just returned with heavy steps after a company rejected his proposal once again. He was extremely mad at his parents for using their power just to cage his freedom.
 
The rain suddenly fell and Junhyung tried to fasten his pace so he could return to his apartment as soon as possible. When he ran pass the park, it was when the girl caught his attention.
 
She didn't have umbrella with her when he saw her for the first time. She was wearing the black long coat and she just cried her heart out.
 
Since the rain became heavier by every second, Junhyung ignored her and returned to his apartment without a word. However he couldn't forget about the girl.
 
The next day after that, without knowing the reason, Junhyung walked to the park and saw the same girl crying once again. That time she had a black umbrella with her already.

He didn't see her on the next day. It's a sunny day and Junhyung kept waiting for her to come but she was nowhere to be seen. Trying on his luck the next day, he saw her again once the rain started to fall.
 
Junhyung couldn't help but to wonder about who she is, why she is crying, and why he always sees her on rainy days.
 
"The rain will wash away my tears, right?" the girl murmurs vividly, still has her eyes fixed on the ground. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."
 
Junhyung is going to ask why she is apologizing when a voice interrupts his thought out loud, "Chanmul!"
 
He unconsciously pulls the umbrella back and turns around to see a tall man with black coat rushes to the girl's side. It's obvious that he is really worried about her.
 
"Chanmul, let's go back," he squats down, giving his umbrella to the girl. He embraces her hand tightly, "Don't make me worry anymore, okay?"
 
Junhyung feels his heart twist when the man holds her hand but there is nothing he can do. He is only a stranger for both of them at the moment.
 
"I'm sorry, Sungyeol Oppa...," the girl named Chanmul bites her bottom lip, clenching her fists. "I'm sorry but I... I can't..."
 
"We'll talk again later," Sungyeol straightens his body and pulls her to stand up. "Who knows what kind of people can harm you if you're alone like this."
 
Feeling slightly offended by the statement, Junhyung wants to snap at the man but he purses his lips when Chanmul buries her face on Sungyeol's chest, sobbing uncontrollably.
 
Sungyeol hugs her and then whispers sadly, "It's alright, Chanmul. I'm here for you..."
 
Junhyung takes steps backwards until he is far enough from both of them. He runs back to his apartment but he stops before he takes the last turn.
 
"Why am I crying?" he grits his teeth and feels ashamed that a tear just escaped his eye. "Stupid Junhyung. You don't even know who she is..."
 
He doesn't know why but he feels hurt when he remembers how Sungyeol hugged Chanmul.
 
Junhyung looks up and he lowers his umbrella, letting the raindrops to mix with his fallen tears.
 
"Is the heaven crying for me? Or for you?" he mumbles to no one.