C h a p t e r T h r e e

Love... Are We Able To...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r T h r e e
III

Young Saeng sat in the back of the car, not having a specific location to go. He had accomplished the simple job effortlessly and now had nothing to do, he ordered the driver to simply drive around town whilst he gazed out of the tinted windows. There were couples wearing matching clothes roaming the streets hand in hand lovingly and families walking in huge bundles merrily.

To him, all the shops on the streets looked exactly the same; the interior and exterior of the shops were all covered in Christmas decorations, although the festival was yet to come.

“Stop here,” he ordered the driver coldly, the driver parked his car on the side of the road and immediately got out of his driver’s seat to open the door for his superior.

Young Saeng stepped out of the car leisurely, fixing his suit jacket whilst the other five men stepped out of the car that followed his, they assembled together behind Young Saeng, all dressed smartly in their uniform-like black suits.

Young Saeng pushed open the transparent glass door with ease; the wind chimes behind the doors released their tinkling melody, informing the owner that there were new customers present.

Almost instantly, the owner looked up from the open kitchen where he was brewing his coffee. He froze on the spot after he saw Young Saeng and his group of body guards. Young Saeng took a brief scan of the small coffee shop, taking in the little details from the tables to the decorations.

 “Wel... Welcome...” the owner stuttered, feeling unease from the amount of authority that the unfamiliar men omitted.

Young Saeng raised his hand, motioning them to keep their profile low. He selected the table in the far corner, that table gave an open view of the street outside; he could clearly see the people wandering happily with their loved ones. His body guards took the seats two table away from his, the five of them sitting around the round, wooden table. Young Saeng rested his elbows on the arms of the comfy, leather chair whilst he waited for the owner to come and take his orders.

The owner trembled with fear as he proceeded towards the silent yet demanding customer.

“He… Here’s…. th... the menu... Sir...” he muttered through fear, although the owner has never seen Young Saeng before, the silent nature of the unfamiliar man was a sign to the owner to not get on his bad side.

Young Saeng gaped at the trembling owner, causing the terrified man to feel discomfort. He edged his hand towards the menu held out and retrieved it from the owner’s shaking hands. His eyes ran up and down the menu, skimming through the different types of hot drinks and sweet snacks that this little coffee shop provided.

“Just give me a cup of coffee,” he told the owner finally, handing back the menu to him.

“Yes… yes of course! I’ll go make it right now!” the owner answered as he took the menu back, he proceeded o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter