C h a p t e r F i v e

Love... Are We Able To...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r F i v e
V

Seung Yeon returned home after her first day at work at a rather late hour – as she had been ordered to clean the coffee shop until it was spick and span since she did not have to work tomorrow. Her job allowed her to work for one day only, and then have several days off, as she worked part time. As a result, she only worked on the busiest days of the week: Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Jae Joong had apologized via phone call earlier for not being able to pick her up, though he had promised to do so the night before. Certain circumstances at work prohibited him from doing so – in other words, he was required to work overtime at last minute.

She was home alone, which was something she was used to due to her brother’s working hours at the last place they lived. Their new house, although small and compact, nevertheless offered a warm place of which they could call “home”. The area they lived in, similar to their house, was not of high class. Their landlord lived in the apartment below them, freedom was restricted in their apartment; it was required by the landlord that extreme levels of noise must not be made after late hours, as not to disturb the other inhabitants of the area. But, making noise or not after late hours, it never really had an impact on disturbance levels, since the area that they lived in was usually infested by multiple boisterous teenagers making rackets of noise during the night.

============

The crystal bishop moved swiftly across the black and white chess board, eliminating the knight in the process. Young Saeng smiled as he added the captured knight to his collection of other captured pieces.

“I heard you had some sort of quarrel with the Hornets today,” a whispery voice said. The whispery voice was probably caused by the immense levels of alcohol consumed and the large quantities of cigarettes that were smoked over the speaker’s lifetime.

“No, father. It was never a quarrel; he simply walked into his own death. He asked for it.” Young Saeng moved his knight, this time eliminating his opposition’s unguarded pawn.

“I would imagine that you were sure you were right when you chose to fire your gun at them?”

“I’m not going to fall for that,” Young Saeng said, seeing straight through his father’s on the chessboard. “The Hornets… I suspect that those men were sent by him again. To spite me – though it was a failed attempt. I never fell for it, nor did I kill anyone, since this would only give him an excuse to come and stir trouble at our headquarters. All I did was fire at his right arm – he would never be able to hold a gun again.” Young Saeng explained whilst his father nodded in agreement.

“Checkmate.” Young Saeng said softly, looking up from the crystal chess board for the first time since the game had begun. His father laughed heartily, applauding the end of the game.

“That was a quick game,” his father reminded him, as he always did so at the end of every game.

“Eliminate your enemy before they can eliminate you, the best way to do this is to act fast and merciless. You taught me this.” Young Saeng smiled at his father.

“Now. Would you care to explain to me how you were so definite you never fired you gun at the wrong person?” his father asked, as he gracefully poured wine into his cup, filling his cup with the red substance.

“It’s all thanks to the Hornets cruel disregarding of life, if that man who came up to me was someone belonging to the higher levels in their gang, their gun would’ve had their trademark sign marked on there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter