C h a p t e r O n e

Love... Are We Able To...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r O n e
I

=15 Years Ago=

“Father…” the young boy’s voice came out as a frail, sad whisper as warm tears trickled down his slightly chubby cheeks, staining his soft skin.

The father gripped the young boy’s shoulders firmly and looked straight into his eyes with a stern expression.

“Listen son, this is life in the dark underground world of gangs, we take death for granted, and we are prepared to lose our loved ones any moment.” He momentarily glanced over to the still corpse of his deceased father; abuse before his death was clearly evident. Sadness could not be seen in his expression though his eyes contained a slight hint of grief.

“We must not show our weaknesses to our enemies, because that will only give them an advantage of hurting our other loved ones.” The young boy nodded his head and wiped away his tears with the back of his palm.

“Your grandfather’s death… Remember your grandfather’s death and return the grief that they gave you back to them. Our revenge will take place eventually… Remember son, revenge is compulsory in underground gang life.” The young boy took one last look at his grandfather who was clearly beaten to death; he clenched his fists in anger and nodded his head violently, expressing his clear understanding to his father’s lecture.

=15 Years Later=

Now, that young boy has grown up as a fine twenty-five year old young man; maturity had definitely benefitted him, for he now stood 178cm tall and had clear distinctive features that easily charmed any girl. His full lips and slightly chubby cheeks still remained from when he was a child, however, his mature eyes were definitely something different, it was as if they could speak for themselves.

“Father,” the sad and frail voice from when he was a child has now changed, and matured into a much softer and gentle voice. Young Saeng took his seat at the dining table and pushed his dinner away from him.

“Aren’t you eating?” his father asked him as he picked up a piece of meat with his chopsticks. His father had several white hairs and quite a few wrinkles, his arm had obvious scars from his past battles.

“No, I want to go and collect the debts before I eat,” he informed his father. Although the two were in a father-son relationship, they did not act like father and son; others may be mistaken by their cold behaviour towards each other.

“Ahh the debts… You do not need to collect them all yet, after all, it is nearly Christmas,” his father effortlessly tried to convince him, for he knew nothing could stop his son’s determination.

“If we are not harsh enough others may take us as easy people, our position in the underground gang organisations will drop. We must maintain our status.” Young Saeng briefly explained to his father, his father then put down his chopsticks and turned to Young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter