Barriers – David Archuleta (2Woon, minor KyuSung) [played twice]

10 Songs, 10 Drabbles

Genre: Angst, Romance

Word Count: 309

***

“Youngwoonie!” And when the muscular man entered the room, he received a choking hug from a certain Park Jungsu.  How he missed the older man. 

“Hi, Jungsu-hyung.  Long time no see.  How’s the kids?” He laughed, the former leader just joined him, recalling how he had just adopted his third child.  He rambled and rambled until a certain someone walked in.  His presence was heavy, one of the only ones that continued his star career.

“Jongwoon!” Jungsu leapt from his position, dragging the petite man over.  He smiled at the older man, his adoring eye smile forming pretty crescent moons.  Youngwoon wouldn’t be afraid to admit that the older man had just gotten prettier over the years.  His fans must’ve been crazy.  And from what he saw in the news, he was.  The man’s duet was beyond phenomenal.

“Hey, Hyung.” And then his eyes laid upon Youngwoon’s figure and he choked up. “K-Kyu’s just parking the car.  He’ll be here in a sec.”

“Such a loving couple…” Jungsu said jealously as if he and his lover weren’t just as close, “Oh look!  Bummie is here too!” Jungsu was flying over all the place and Jongwoon was left with the awkward silence that existed between him and the raccoon.  It had been too many years.  Too many years since Super Junior held their last concert and since they broke up a little too abruptly and a few less years since the older boy got together with their evil maknae. 

It was like a wall was between them.  A barrier that slammed into them.  And Youngwoon wanted to tell him how much he still loved him, how much he still cared.  But the lead baritone was already gone, strengthening the already plentiful barriers between them, rushing off to some other member in this awkward reunion he didn’t have a wall between.

***