Keep Holding On – Avril Lavigne (YeTeuk) [played twice]

10 Songs, 10 Drabbles

Genre: Angst, Fantasy, Genderswap (girl!Yesung), Romance, Tragedy

Word Count: 349

Warning: Character Death

***

“It’s okay, Teukie-oppa.  Please.  Please just stay with me.” Jongwoon moaned and cried squeezing Leeteuk’s hand like it was going to fall.  And in a way, it was.

“J-Jongwoon… Take care of Hae.  Please… Please just keep him happy.  Don’t let him know.” And Jongwoon wants to bawl even more at the mention of their beloved son.  She felt like all the colour was fading in her life, along with the life of her lover.

And then it all disappeared.  It vanished within a second and black and white was her reality.

Leeteuk could only watch helplessly as his wife said goodnight to his picture once more.  She laid in her bed too big for one person, right after she bid Donghae goodnight.  He had grown so much.  He was such a sweet teenager, taking care of his mother so endearingly.  And all he could do was watch as the woman he loved so much barely hold herself together.  Jongwoon would cry every night and he wonders what she’ll do.  He wants to hold her and tell her the words she needs.

He floated, nearing her conscious figure.  It was against the rules.  He knew but he couldn’t resist.  The heavens had given him the right to watch her for the rest of her life until she too joined the afterlife, as long as he didn’t make an attempt of contact.  But he did. 

He sat by her side, kissed her perfect pink lips as she began her crying ritual.  He wanted to kiss those tears away.  He wanted to be physical and make the hurt go away.  But all he could do was whisper words he didn’t even know she could hear.  He leant so close to her ear, hoping she’d hear it because she needed it.  And all he could do was leave and say goodnight to the son he left behind.

Jongwoon swore she heard it.  She swore so hard.  She thought she could hear it.  Along with a kiss on her lips, ghostly and loving.

“Keep holding on, Jongwoon-ah.  It’s okay.  I’ll always be here.”

***