52 | back on track

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Minjeong

The events happened so fast, and rarely, I had a blast. Maybe it was because I gained more experience than I thought I would. Or maybe because Jimin convinced me to relax and enjoy the days off for once.

Nonetheless, there have been no problems so far. Jimin is already driving us back to the mansion where the show will film the remaining episodes.

Did they suddenly run out of budget? They went so big in episode two by choosing Jeju as the filming location that the public started spreading theories.

The most believable one was from a long-time fan of the show. They posted that they probably only picked Jeju so the producer could have a vacation behind the scenes without paying for anything.

That one was really clever.

Oh, right. A few days ago, I forgot to mention that the program surprised all of us contestants by personally going to our homes and filming there.

Their reason being it's to show your natural sides.

Just thinking about that makes me sigh.

Well, there's no problem with that, as it can attract more fans. However, the fact that I live with Jimin will now be revealed to the public. Even the staff who came to the apartment was surprised, and I swear some of them had smirks on their faces.

I sighed.

"What got you sighing?" Jimin chuckled next to me while focusing her eyes on the road.

"I was just thinking about how the program surprised us a few days ago." I pursed my lips, suppressing the embarrassment within me. "I opened the door in my tank top and shorts too... I was lucky enough to hold my expressions and look calm."

"At least you looked hot." Jimin pouted her lips, "I was in my bear pajamas!"

"Jimin, you were adorable... but that's not the point." I turned to the side to look out the window, "Everyone's going to go crazy once they find out we live together."

"You mean the shippers?"

"Of course, they'll react the most."

"So, that's what got you sighing?" Jimin laughed, "I thought it was something bigger like— you overtaking my spot and ranking second."

Oh... I almost forgot about that too.

When the program's staff came to the apartment and their filming was coming to an end, they called us to the living room. They talked about a few upcoming activities and suddenly revealed the rankings.

"Minjeong-ssi, how do you feel about ranking second?"
"Wha- I... uhm— just wow."

It wasn't as grand as announcing them in front of us contestants, but it certainly gave me goosebumps, breaking my calm expression and widening my eyes in shock.

The top ten changed drastically.

1. Shin Ryujin
2. Kim Minjeong
3. Hwang Yeji
4. Yu Jimin
5. Jeon Heejin
6. Uchinaga Aeri
7. Choi Jisu
8. Moon Sua
9. Ning Yizhuo
10. Jang Wonyoung

Ryujin was back in her top spot while I unexpectedly overtook Jimin and Yeji. They didn't reveal the winners for the third mission, though looking at the positions— it might've been possible that Heejin's (Future Sight) was correct.

By catching Jimin and being the first team to perform, the song assigned to us was the most suited to become the opening performance.

And looking back at the performances...

Candy

Hwang Yeji
Choi Yerim
Wang Yiren
Lee Chaeryeong
An Yujin

Team 1, with their leader being Yeji, got lucky with the song assigned to them as it was the most popular among the three choices. I remember having trouble trying to figure out how to beat them. They were blessed with surreal dancing skills.

All of their stats on dancing would be above A-tier. What kind of luck is that?

As for their performance, they stayed within the song's original concept and danced it as it was, with little changes to suit their current abilities. I remember them shocking the audience by not changing the lyrics.

Because this country is conservative, it surprised me as well. Furthermore, instead of dancing with male dancers, they settled with female dancers.

I got skeptical initially, too, but then I heard from Yeji that Wang Yiren was a bit scared of men. So, they had no other choice, and that was understandable.

Lemon

Jeon Somi
Shin Ryujin
Uchinaga Aeri
Kim Jimin
Jang Wonyoung

Team 2. I heard Somi became their leader through votes from the team members. Originally, it was supposed to be Ryujin, but all of them agreed that she was too ambitious for the task and might ask everyone to perfect a single step.

I couldn't agree more.

Even though her overall stats were enough to trample all of us contestants, Ryujin's status effect was (Perfectionist). Simple, but not a very good combination— and I lived to tell the tale.

Anyway, their team consisted of English speakers. Aw, come on, man... they're great rappers and speak multiple languages!

Despite their song being unknown, creating choreography from scratch, thanks to Ryujin, they wrote a few more lines with the help of everyone on their team. They nailed it and came onstage with basketball jerseys on, dancing to the music while shooting balls into the hoops onstage.

And watching episode three yesterday, witnessing their preparations. Their teamwork would've almost made me tear up if it wasn't for Gre ruining the moment by suddenly laying on his stomach on my face.

Cleopatra

Moon Sua
Ning Yizhuo
Kim Jiwoo
Shin Yuna
Choi Yoona

Team 3. Automatically, everyone would point at Yizhuo and assign her as the leader but refuted and gave the position to Moon Sua instead. I'm not sure why... however, I think it has something to do with the two of them.

I remember seeing them talking to each other a few times and walking together to grab a snack while in the middle of filming back in Jeju. They could have known each other since the beginning, and Yizhuo knew what she was doing.

I can't blame Yizhuo— Moon Sua... she's weird. When we first talked to each other in the kitchen, helping each other with everyone's breakfast, it was strange that I couldn't open her status window.

Until now, I still couldn't find the chance to open it. The system mentioned something about a requirement of being a Lvl. 33 to access her window. It's making me damn curious whether she's one of us... Boa, Heejin, and me.

Nonetheless, their team did amazing!

Even though they were less fluent than Team 2 with the English lyrics, they got back at the audience thanks to their cute and swaggy school concept, vocals, rhythm, and overwhelming stage presence. I said "overwhelming" because I suspected Yuna's attribute activating when they approached the chorus.

Or was it Moon Sua?

It was a strange and mysterious feeling. At one moment, I was just standing backstage and watching their performance when I sunk into this deep daze and couldn't help but focus my eyes on them.

Heejin noticed it, too, as she was standing next to me then. She said it might've contributed big time to their performance, winning the nearby watchers' attention.

Compiling all of those... I realized that the show grouped us contestants based on our abilities. Team 1, with their dancing. Team 2, with their global traits. Team 3, with their stage presence..., I'm still trying to figure out what traits our team had.

It could've been relat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter