39 | mysterious punishment

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practicing nonstop in the living room for experience, Minjeong felt relieved that she didn't have to worry about hiding the system from Jimin anymore.

She originally planned on hiding it from the latter while living together and going to the karaoke place for it to avoid any suspicions.

Though now that Jimin was aware of everything, she didn't have to rent out a room anymore. She can freely dance and sing in front of the mirror walls in the very corner of the living room.

And Jimin was currently on standby, sitting with her knees up to her chest with her back against the wall, watching Minjeong. She couldn't be more than happy to see her this serious and found it very attractive, all smiles.

Minjeong was facing the mirrors, trying to improve the fluidity of her movements for a better dance stat. Memorizing a powerful song's steps, she spun around slowly but stopped midway in confusion which caused Jimin to tilt her head.

The taller was so busy admiring the latter that she forgot that she was watching her as a mentor. Only when Minjeong repeated the step three times, did Jimin shake her thoughts away and stood up to help.

"You look stiff."

Minjeong shrugged, "Always been. But anyway, once I gained enough experience with the system, for sure I'll get better in an instant."

"You know if the show weren't all about popularity but just how good we are. You'll definitely win first place in the end, cheater."

"It's cheating with hard work!" Minjeong huffed, "Even I had to train without any sleep for three days straight— and that hurt in the guts. Literally."

Jimin thought for a moment before realizing, "Those five in the morning practices?"

"Mhm." Minjeong smiled as she recalled, "Without the system or anything, you really helped me out. My dance stat was raised by a rank... Plus, having your company back then felt nice. I'm thankful."

Jimin smiled mischievously, "Then shouldn't you think I deserve a reward?"

"What do you mean? Wasn't I already the reward?"

Seeing how Jimin wasn't able to come up with a comeback within seconds, blushing lightly. Minjeong smirked and turned around as if nothing happened.

"So this is what it felt like to win against you," She pressed the play button on the speakers and continued dancing.

Jimin merely stared at her for a few moments before pouting and turning away to walk toward the bedroom for a change of clothes, "I hate to interrupt your grinding but I think you should change into new clothes now."

Her voice echoed through the doorway, causing Minjeong to pause the music and wipe her sweat with a towel. She asked what the reason was and Jimin answered with how everyone in the group chat was planning to go to the mall to take photos of the ads displayed for them.

That's when Minjeong remembered that Yujin was the one who suggested this idea on the bus due to how she suddenly felt unappreciative of her fans. She went from rank 22 to rank 7 in the second declaration. Plus, ranked 1st in popularity.

This left Minjeong no other choice but to stop training and step into the bedroom where Jimin just finished changing. Though not bothered by her presence, Minjeong casually took off her clothes except for her underwear and browsed through her luggage.

Jimin smiled at the pleasant sight, "I don't know if it's because of that system of yours but... You really have a nice body."

"Goddess, Jimin. Have you seen yourself?"

"Not as much as you, baby." Jimin chuckled as she approached the latter and kissed her on the cheek, "I think saw a reporter nearby, so I'll go first. I'll wait for you in the car."

With a wave of her hand, Jimin left the apartment and made her way to the parking lot. As for Minjeong, she continued to browse through her luggage and settled with brown cargo pants and an oversized plain white t-shirt.

To top it off, she coupled the outfit with a black cap to hide the black fades on top of her head and wore it backward. And lastly, a white mask to avoid getting noticed. Although either way, her choice of clothes would attract the eyes of many.

After all, her visual stat recently leveled up on its own. From A- to A+, even if it was only a single point change. Minjeong felt her skin getting softer and immune to acne, truly, flawless.

She wondered what would've happened to Jimin if she had the system. What would an SSS-tier do to her already breathtaking visuals?

I'll die.

Minjeong snorted at the idea as she was about to leave the apartment when she felt the phone in her pocket vibrate. Stopping in front of the door, she pulled it out only to see a message from Boa.

"The punishment, huh..."

Minjeong almost forgot how she was the last one to wake up back in Jeju and she couldn't help but feel troubled, facepalming.

Ever since then, she was the only contestant aware of this as the writers strictly told her to keep it a secret.

They purposely made everyone forget about it for a special event in episode three. Although Minjeong knew about this matter, she still has no idea what the punishment was.

Well, as long as it's something she can do to gain more screentime. It was better than anything.

 

 

Arriving at the mall by the parking lots where a bunch of ads was displayed there, Minjeong and the whole group already attracted a lot of attention. Of course, they would.

Why would a group of people wear masks?

Furthermore, with their sense of fashion and how all of them were full of sparkles, it was obvious that they were famous.

Hence, why there were a lot of fans watching by the sidelines— they were respectful enough to make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter