Strong (Chapter 2)

Cry of the Heart

Strong (Chapter 2)

(Ryeowook's 21 and Jonghyun 22)

Ryeowook's POV

"So how does it feel to be a second year?" Hyung asked me when we got to Seoul University.

"I don't feel any different..." I told him as I looked around noticing the confused faces of the first years wandering around trying to find their classes. I remember I was like that too last year when I first entered the university.

"Aw, come on!" Hyung playfully hit my back. "Don't you feel like you have more command?" He grinned at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "No, all I feel is the biggest urge to go back to our apartment and roll back in bed."

Hyung pouted. "Well off you go!" He pushed me forward and I stumbled to make myself steady. "Go find yourself some friends!" He yelled to me as he walked away to his class.

I sighed to myself as I walked to my class. Find myself some friends, huh? I didn't think he noticed that I didn't have friends. I talk to my classmates but only when I have to me. It didn't really bother me that I'm kind of seen as a loner, but I don't want to worry Hyung so I guess I'm going to have to make some friends.

I scratched my head as I thought. Do I just go up- oof! I stumbled back and fell on my .

"Oh, I'm sorry!" a deep voice apologized and a strong hand helped me back up.

"Ah, don't worry about it." I said while dusting off my pants. I looked at the stranger and I swear my eyes were as round as basketballs. This guy looks god-like! I reminded myself not to stare. "Ehem, well I have to get going so..."

"Wait!" The guy interrupted me. "Are you a first year?" He questioned.

I shook my head. "No, I'm a second year."

His eyes nearly bulged out. "W-what? I'm sorry for speaking informally! I thought you were younger!!" He quickly said.

I chuckled. "Don't worry. What about yourself?" I asked him.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm a first year. Could you... point the way for the Photography classes?" He asked.

I smiled. "Sure. Just keep going straight then turn to the left and they should be right there. If you see the gym, you've gone too far."

"Ah!" He beamed at me. "Thank you!...uh."

"Oh, Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook."

He beamed again. "Nice to meet you, Ryeowook-hyung! I'm Shim Changmin." He shook my hand. "Bye! And thanks again!" He said before hurrying down the hall. I quickly made my way to my own class as well.

....

Finally, lunch time! I looked around and thought it was too crowded so I decided to go outside. Normally I would go to the music room, but today they're not allowing anyone in there during lunch until next week. Or I would eat with Jonghyun-hyung, but his lunch is earlier than mine.

I found a tree near the outside water fountain and sat there, thankful for the shade. I was about to put my earphones on when I hear someone call out my name. "Ryeowook-hyung!" I looked up and found Changmin running towards me. "Can I sit here?" He asked. "I mean, I don't know anyone else..." He rubbed his neck. Hmm, must be a nervous habit.

"Sure." I smiled at him as he sat down.

"Thanks. So hyung, what are you majoring in?" He asked me before taking a bite of his rice balls.

"In Arts, music composition and performance." I told him while putting my Ipod away.

He nodded at me. "I'm in Arts, too, but for photography and vocals."

I raised an eyebrow. "You sing?" I asked intrigued.

He nodded shyly. "Yeah, I enjoy singing... So hyung, do you live on campus?"

"No, I live with my hyung in an apartment not far from here." I told him.

He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off. "Wookie-ah!" We both turned our heads and I saw Jonghyun-hyung coming towards us.

"Hyung? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" I asked him as he plopped down besides me.

He grinned. "Yeah, but the English professor is such a pain in the . " I rolled my eyes at him. "Her voice is so annoying." He finished.

"If you don't like it, then why did you get that class in the first place?" I asked.

Hyung shrugged. He looked around and noticed Changmin. "Who are you?" He bluntly asked taking Changmin by surprise.

"Yah, hyung, don't be so rude!" I smacked him on the head.

He rubbed his head. "Geez, sorry. Anyways I'm Jonghyun, nice to meet you.."

"Shim Changmin. Nice to meet you to Jonghyun-hyung." Changmin politely said.

I saw Hyung scrunch his face up. "God, I sound so old with you two calling me Hyung. Anyways, Wookie, Onew-hyung is coming over today 'cause he wants help choosing the new employee for the store..." He kept rambling on until lunch was over.

...


It has been two weeks since we've gone back to the university and since I've met Changmin. Honestly, I hardly see him anymore. The only times I do see him is down the hall. I never eat lunch outside anymore, I always go to the music room and he is always off taking pictures. *sigh* Looks like I am bad at keeping friends.

Jonghyun-hyung has been busy with school and work; I am surprised he gets the amount of sleep he gets.

"Ah, Ryeowook, there you are." I hear my performance professor's voice behind me. I turn and greet him.

"Have you seen this?" He shows me a flyer. "Auditions for the talent show, you show try. Let your voice be heard." He encouraged me.

I shyly smiled at him. "I don't know no one besides you and Jonghyun-hyung know that I like to sing."

"But you have a wonderful voice!" He beamed at me. "I'm sure the vocalist teacher, Zhoumi-ssi, would be pleased to hear it!"

I chuckled slightly at his enthusiasm. "Thank you, and I'll think about it."

"Okay." He gave my shoulder a pat before walking away.


A/N: Usually in the Strong chapters, most will be in Ryeowook's POV. Hope these chapters didn't bore you! Changmin won't appear often in the Strong chapters, but he does play a pretty big role so keep a watch out for him!:D

Comments are highly appreciated as well are subscribers! Thank you to those who subscribed and left a comment! Oh, what do you think of the banner? I made it myself.