Strong (Chapter 1)

Cry of the Heart

"Umma! Look!" a little boy with large brown eyes, brown hair, and pale skin called out to his mother showing her the butterflies that were surrounding him.

A young lady with long dark hair, pale skin, chocolate brown eyes, and a kind smile turned. "Ah, Ryeowookie, looks like the butterflies like you." She ruffled little Ryeowook's hair.

"Umma! They're pretty!" His eyes shone brightly as he stared at the butterflies. "Just like umma!" He beamed.

His mother let out a laugh that sound like a melody. "And Ryeowookie is adorable like his appa."

"Yah!" A voice behind said. "I'm not adorable! I'm manly!" The appa said as he puffed out chest.

Ryeowook giggled. "Appa! Umma! I love you!" He grabbed their hands and they walked around the meadow of flowers.

"It's all your fault!" Slap!

"A-appa! Please stop!"

"If it wasn't for you, she'd still be here!" Kick!

Ryeowook whimpered. "It hurts! S-stop!"

"Ryeowook! Wake up!"

"No!" Ryeowook sat up looking around franticly. Sweat was rolling down his neck and forehead and he was clenching the blanket in his hands.

"Are you okay?" a soothing voice called out to him.

Ryeowook snapped his head to the right. "H-hyung! I had another nightmare!" He wailed as he threw himself to his hyung.

"Ssh, it's alright, Wookie-ah~ I'm here." He drew circles on Ryeowook's back to calm him down. He started humming a song and waited until he felt Ryeowook calm down. He looked at him in the eye. "Look, today's graduation day. We're moving away after today. We'll erase the bad memories with new memories, okay?"

(A/N- Jonghyun already graduated and he's 19 here, Ryeowook is just graduating and he's 18 here)

Ryeowook nodded. "But where will we live?"

Jonghyun grinned. "Don't worry about that, I've got it covered!"

"Are you sure?"

Jonghyun pouted and made his eyes big looking like a sad puppy. "Yah, don't doubt me!"

Ryeowook giggled forgetting about the tears he shed a couple minutes ago. "If you say so~"


...

Time change

(Ryeowook's 20 and Jonghyun is 21)

Ryeowook's POV

"This will be due next Tuesday." I inwardly groaned. The professor must be insane! He usually gives us more than a week before a composition is due! And not only that, it has to have lyrics this time.

I let out a sigh as gathered my stuff and shoved them in backpack. I walked out of the classroom and made my way to the cafeteria dodging other students on my way there.

The minute I stepped on the cafeteria floor, my stomach growled. I chuckled to myself and looked around. "Wookie-ah!" I heard someone call my name and only one person would call me that.

"Hyung!" I ran over to where my hyung was sitting at.

"How's you composition class going?" He asked me while taking his lunch out of his backpack. I groaned at the mention of my class. "That bad, huh?" He chuckled.

"I like the class and all, but the due dates are just insane!" I complained to him.

"Well you can do it!" He cheered for me. "Ah, by the way, I have to work today because Onew-hyung slipped on a banana peel and injured his knee-cap." He informed.

I burst out laughing. "Seriously!? He slipped on a banana peel? Who does that?" I giggled.

He smiled. "Yeah, you know Onew-hyung, clumsier than you." He teased.

"Hyung!" I lightly smacked him on the head.

"Ow, fine, fine! Sorry!" He surrendered with a laugh. I smiled and started eating my lunch that I prepared for myself.

"Hey Ryeowook?" Hyung said to me after a couple minutes of just eating.

I looked up and saw he had a serious look on his face. He only calls me Ryeoowok when he's serious, mad, or upset. "Yeah?"

He looked at me in the eye. "Look, I know you want to go today, but it's going to rain today and I don't want you going by yourself. We'll go together this Saturday, okay?" He told me.

I nodded. "okay." I said quietly.


Saturday

I put two purple tulips in front of a tombstone. They were my mother’s favorite flowers. Tears gathered in my eyes as memories came flooding back in my mind. I felt a hand go on my shoulder and I looked up. Jonghyun gave me a small smile.

"It isn't fair!" I quietly mumbled. "She shouldn't have died! It's all my fault! Just like appa said!" I sobbed.

Hyung knelt down and hugged me. "No, Ryeowook! It isn't your fault." He pushed my away by my shoulder so he could look at my face. "She wouldn't like it if you were like this. Now be strong for you umma, okay?"

I nodded, not able to say anything as the tears kept pouring out of my eyes and hyung pulled me into another hug.

"I miss her, hyung!" I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I know, I know." He rubbed my back letting me cry.