Let Me In (Chapter 1)

Cry of the Heart

Let Me In (chapter 1)

Ryeowook’s POV

“Auditions will be held in the auditorium! Singing, rapping, dancing, jokes, anything! Come try out for the talent show and let your talent shine!!” I read the flyer for the talent show.

I bit my lip as I thought more about it. ‘If I do this then the whole university will know that I sing, and I’m most likely not going to enjoy all the attention… but then yet again, I could meet new people…’ I sighed while thinking.

Normal POV

The bell rang and he snapped out of his thoughts. Instead of going to the cafeteria like all other students were, he headed towards the music room. He was extremely glad that hardly anyone walked around the music section during lunch and that the music teacher allowed him to come during lunch.

Once he went inside the music room, he smiled slightly. I went towards the piano and sat down in front of it. He brushed his fingers along the keys and closed his eyes as he started singing and playing songs not knowing that someone was listening.


“Hey Changmin, I’m going to see if the vocals teacher is in the music room, I’ll catch up with you and Minho.” Kyuhyun called out to his friend as they parted ways.

He walked down the quiet hallway of the music area humming. He was about to open the door to go inside the music room when he heard a beautiful voice singing and the piano. He opened the door quietly and peeked in. He saw a young guy playing the piano and singing with his eyes close.

Kyuhyun was impressed by his voice. ‘He has a very good voice.’ he thought while staring at him. Kyuhyun was leaning a bit too much on the door that it swung completely opening hitting the wall behind it with a big slam!

Kyuhyun stumbled in and the other guy abruptly stopped singing and fingers slammed down into the piano. He quickly stood up and turned around and saw Kyuhyun in front of the door.

“S-sorry… I kind of fell in.” Kyuhyun apologized while rubbing the back of his neck.

Ryeowook’s POV

“Sorry… I kind of fell in.” The stranger apologized while rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. That reminded me of Changmin. I didn’t say anything while quickly gabbing my stuff to leave.

“Are you leaving?” The stranger asked as I walked past him.

I glanced at him. “I need to get to class.” I left the music room and I could feel my heart pounding quickly in my chest. I quickly walked down the hallway not looking back.

Kyuhyun POV

I stared after him dumbfounded. Class doesn’t start for another 30 minutes! It must be because I interrupted him…. I looked down the hallway and saw that he was gone. I wonder if he’s in the same grade as I am I thought while walking back to the cafeteria. He can’t be any older than me… well he didn’t look it.

I looked around the cafeteria and spotted Changmin and Minho and made my way towards them. Hmm, I wonder if he’s in vocals class? I haven’t noticed him in my class though. I thought as I sat down.

“You seemed stunned.” Changmin noted while eating his lunch.

“Well I just heard this guy singing and it was amazing.” I told him.

“Was it Yesung-hyung?” He asked me.

“No.” I shook my head. “It was someone else.”

He thought for a moment. “Hmm, I can’t think of anyone else since we haven’t heard any other upper classmen sing so maybe he’s in our grade.” He said after a while.

I shrugged.


Ryeowook’s POV

I don’t think I’ll audition for the talent show. I mean if I get so flustered when one person listens to me, how will I get when I see tons of people listening?! I sighed and leaned my head on the wall behind me.

Well he did show up unexpected. He must be an underclassmen since none of the older students go to the music room during lunch when they’d rather be outside. Well I’ll most likely never see him again.


Ah, finally I can go home now. I gathered my stuff and left my last class of the day. Wednesdays are my favorite days because right after lunch is my last class so I get out at 2:30 p.m.

While walking out in the courtyard I thought about what I would do the rest of the day. I could go to the store and buy groceries. “Hyung!” A voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned around and saw Changmin running towards me; haven’t seen him in a while.

Once he got in front of me, he beamed. “Hyung! I have something to show you!” He looked through his back pack and pulled out a black folder labeled “Photos”. He looked through his photos until he stopped at one and pulled it. “Look!”

It was a photo of a family of three: a little boy holding his parents hands. They looked really happy… Memories swarmed into my head but I pushed them away. I looked at Changmin and said “Oh, it’s amazing! It really shows the love of a family.” I smiled at him.

He looked at the photo. “Yeah, I’m turning this one in for my class. I took tons of photos and decided on this one, I just wanted to show you.” He put the photo back into the folder and put the folder away. “Are you going to the talent show? I’m going to take pictures of all the contestants!” He asked me.

I shrugged. “I’m not sure, I might go.”

“You should come with me, hyung! My roommate is trying out and he’s an excellent singer!” He beamed.

I raised an eyebrow. “What about yourself? You sing right?”

He shrugged. “I’m not much of a performer. I’d rather sing to myself than a bunch of people.” He checked his watch. “I have to get going! Bye hyung!”

Normal POV

After Changmin left, Ryeowook decided to just walk around. He was walking in a park when he remembered something. ‘Oh shoot! I have work!”


He sighed as he cleaned tables at the café shop that he works at. He was lucky; he made it on time. If he was late, his boss would have scolded him for a long time. His boss is sort of a diva.

The door opened and the bell chimed signaling a customer. He walked behind the register and greeted the customer with a smile. “Hello, weclome to Hankyung’s and Heechul’s Café shop, what would you like?”

“A small latte and dumplings please.” The customer said and Ryeowook couldn’t help but notice his piercing and his fashion sense.

Ryeowook handed him his latte and said “Dumplings will take a while. I’ll take them to you once they’re done.” The customer nodded and sat down at a table near the window.

Ryeowook drummed his fingers on the counter while waiting for Hankyung, the chef/baker of the café, to finish making them. “Wookie-ah.” A Chinese accent laced voice called out from behind him.

Ryeowook turned around and grabbed the dumplings. “Thank you, hyung!” Hankyung smiled. Ryeowook wondered how in the world did Hankyung and Heechul -the boss of the café, meet and end up dating. ‘Hankyung-hyung is so nice and quiet while Heechul-hyung is so… loud.’

Ryeowook walked to the table and put the dumplings in front of the customer, who was looking through the newspapers hiring jobs section. “Are you looking for a job?” Ryeowook asked him.

The customer looked up. “Yes, I am.”

“Well there’s an ice cream shop not to far from here, about a ten minute walk, and they’re hiring.” Ryeowook suggested.

The customer’s eyes brightened at the idea. “Really? But will they hire me?” He asked.

Ryeowook pondered for a moment. “Just tell them Kim Ryeowook sent you there.”

The customer beamed. “Thank you, Ryeowook-ssi!”

Ryeowook giggled at his enthusiasm. “You’re welcome!”

The customer smiled and shoved a dumpling in his mouth. “I’m Key by the way.” He told Ryeowook with a mouth full of dumpling.

Ryeowook smiled. “Well Key if you need anything, let me know.” He said before walking back to the register seeing that another customer came in.


Ooh, Kyuwook’s first meeting jeje. Don’t worry, future Kyuwook moments will be much longerJ Comment and subscribe! Oh, and next chapter will be on Jongkey~