Let Me In (Chapter 2)

Cry of the Heart

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while! Mianhae!!

Let Me In

I decided not to try out for the talent show. Why should I waste the judges’ time on listening to someone who can't sing well? And besides this talent show isn’t like any regular talent show. If you make it in, you two months to practice a new routine, song or whatever and then you perform it in front of your school, family and people from top entertainment industries come as well to watch and even gather some new trainees for their company. I threw the flyer away when I heard footsteps behind me. "Hyung!"

I turned around. "Oh Changmin."

He beamed at me while waving his camera in front of him. "Are you busy?"

I shook my head. "No, why?" Mondays were the days I didn't have work so I was free for the whole evening.

"I'm taking pictures of those trying out for the talent show.” He informed me. "Would you like to come?" He asked with a hopeful smile. "And I can also introduce you to my two roommates!" He added excitedly.

I chuckled at his excitement and decided not to disappoint him so I agreed. "Sure, so I'll just be hanging around you?"

He beamed when I agreed and pulled me by the wrist to the auditorium for the auditions. He gave me a clipboard that had a piece of paper with names on it. "You can check mark each name after I take their picture." He told me.

Once we got in front of the auditorium doors, he gave me a name tag that read "Photographer Assistant" while he clipped his own. "Let's go!" He said excitedly. The minute we went in, I saw all the people, who were going to try out, practicing whatever they were going to do. I could see the determination in their eyes.

"Before we get started," Changmin spoke up breaking me out of my thoughts. "It’s divided into sections like singing, rapping, etc. so I'll ask them what they're going to perform and then ask for their name and that's how you'll find their name, okay?" He told me in a professional tone and I could tell that photography was very important to him.

I nodded my head. "Okay."

He smiled and looked around. "We'll start with them." He pointed to a pair of guys. I recognized one of them, the one with the light brown messy hair, Donghae, a friend of Jonghyun-hyung. The other guy he was with had blonde hair.

We walked up to them and we bowed. "Hello, I'm here to take your pictures." Changmin said.

"Oh, okay." Donghae said and looked at me. "Oh, Wookie-ah!" He greeted me with a smile.

I smiled at him. "Hello hyung!" Then I looked at Changmin. "This is Shim Changmin." Changmin bowed again.

Donghae beamed. "Ah! This Lee Hyuk Jae!" He gestured to the man beside him. "But call him Eunhyuk!"

Eunhyuk-hyung smiled at us. He has a gummy smile. "Hello, nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too!" Changmin said. "Now, what will you two be doing?" He asked.

"Dancing." answered Eunhyuk. I looked down at the clip board and found both their names on the dancing category.

"Together?"Asked Changmin and they nodded. "Would you like a picture together or separate?"

"Together!" beamed Donghae while pulling Eunhyuk-ssi close to him and I chuckled at his childness.

They smiled brightly and Changmin took their picture. "Thank you!" He bowed to them. "We must get the others." He said before turning and looking around to see who to get next.

"Bye, Wookie-ah! Take care!" Donghae hugged me before I walked off with Changmin.

"Hmm, where are they?" I heard Changmin mumble to himself. His roommates perhaps?

"Are you auditioning, Ryeowook?" A husky voice asked behind us and we both turned around.

"Yesung-ssi." Changmin greeted and hyung nodded at him.

I shook my head at his questions. "No, I'm not worth hearing unlike you hyung."

Hyung chuckled. "You have a very nice voice, Ryeowook; don't let anyone tell you otherwise." He ruffled my hair. "Now what are you two doing then?"

"Oh!" Changmin said. "Right, we're taking pictures of the contestants!" He informed him. "So can I take yours?"

Hyung nodded. "Sure."

Changmin took his picture and bowed to him. "Thank you!"

"Hwaiting hyung!" I cheered him before he walked away.

"You know him?" I looked at Changmin who was looking at me with big eyes.

"Yes, why?" I asked him with an eyebrow raised.

"He's like the most famous singer here with his legendary voice!" I told me with admiration in his voice.

"Yes, I'm aware of that." I simply told him while walking to another group of people.

"Wow, I admire you hyung." He said and made me chuckle.

After 10 minutes.

"Aish, where are those two?" I heard Changmin grumble.

"Who?" I asked him.

"My two- Oh! There they are!" He exclaimed before dragging me off to two young men. I studied their faces and recognized one of them as the same guy who stumbled upon me singing. "Kyuhyun! Minho!" He greeted them before turning to me. "This is Ryeowook-hyung!" He then pointed to the one on the left who reminded me of a frog. "That's Choi Minho," He bowed and said hello. "That's Choi Kyuhyun." He pointed to the guy on the right.

"Hello" I greeted them both and I noticed the guy named Kyuhyun looking at me.

“Are you going to audition?” He asked me, his voice low and deep.

Why does everyone think I’m going to audition? I shook my head at him. “No.”

He seemed surprised and opened his mouth to say something else but Changmin started talking. “Okay, you two, we’re taking pictures so who’s first?” He looked at them. Minho stepped up. “Okay, hyung,” Changmin looked at me. “Choi Minho and he’ll be rapping.” He informed me before snapping Minho’s photo. “Alright Kyuhyun, your turn.”

Kyuhyun stepped forward and said “Choi Kyuhyun and I’ll be singing.” He looked at me in the eyes while talking.

I looked down at the list and found his name while Changmin took his picture. “Okay, thanks.” Changmin said. He pointed to a boy who was cleaning his violin. “We’ll go to him next.” I nodded and Changmin said, “See ya guys later!”

We turned to walk towards the boy but Kyuhyun called out “Wait Changmin!”

I stayed where I was standing while Changmin went to talk to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun’s POV

“See ya guys later!” Changmin said as he and Ryeowook-ssi turned to walk away.

I called out to Changmin “Wait Changmin!” I saw Minho’s look of confusion, but I didn’t pay attention to him. Changmin turned around and I motioned for him to come here. He came towards us and I was glad that Ryeowook-ssi stayed where he was.

“What?” Changmin asked when he stood in front of me.

“That’s him!” I whispered to him while looking at Ryeowook-ssi.

Changmin raised an eye brow. “Him? What are you talking about?” He asked confused and Minho gave me the “WTH are you talking about” look.

I rolled my eyes. “He’s the one that I heard singing.” I explained to them.

Changmin raised both his eye brows at me. “Him? But he’s not in vocals or majoring in it. He even told me.” He looked at me suspiciously. “Are you sure you saw him?” He asked me.

“I’m not blind.” I snapped at him.

Ryeowook’s POV

Changmin was taking a while so I decided to just go ahead and ask the boy what his name was. I walked up to him and cleared my throat. He looked up startled and I smiled. He looked like a chipmunk, so cute! “Hello, can I get your name?” I asked him.

He nodded. “Henry Lau.”

I raised an eye brow at him. “You’re not from here, are you?” I asked him.

He shook his head and smiled sheepishly. “No, I’m from Canada.”

I smiled at him. “Well, Henry, I’m Kim Ryeowook.”

He smiled and asked “Why do you need my name?”

“Oh, we’re taking pictures of all the contestants.” I pointed to Changmin he was walking towards us. “He’s the photographer. I’m just an assistant.”

He made a small ‘O’ with his mouth and Changmin came up to us. “Sorry about that.” He apologized. “Anyways did you get his name and explain what we are doing?” He asked me. I nodded and he smiled. “Okay, good. So I’ll be taking your picture.” He told Henry and Henry picked his bow and placed it on his violin as if he were about to play and posed for Changmin to take the picture. After Changmin took the picture, Changmin thanked him.

“Good luck, Henry.” I smiled at him before we walked to the next contestants.

After about an hour of taking pictures and asking names of contestants, we finally finished and it was time for the auditions to start. We sat down in the audience, which wasn’t filled up except for the judges and a few people. “Thanks hyung for coming with me.” Changmin said while waiting for the first person to step up. They were going to be randomly called up. “You can leave now if you want to.” He told me.

I smiled at him. “No problem and I’m going to stay until Jonghyun-hyung gets out of work.” I said after checking my watch. It was 7:37P.M. and he was getting out at 8. Might as well wait.

Changmin grinned at me and one of the judges called a name. “First up is Choi Kyuhyun and he will be singing 7 Years of Love.”

“Oh, looks like he’s going first.” Changmin chuckled while getting his camera ready. I looked at the stage and saw Kyuhyun walking with confidence to the middle front of the stage. The middle judge gave a cue and music started playing and then he started singing.

I have to say that I was totally memorized by his voice. It’s soothing and relaxing, it reminds me a lot of Jonghyun-hyung’s voice when he sings. After he finished the song, Changmin started clapping and I joined him. “Not bad, eh?” Changmin grinned at me and I nodded. Kyuhyun bowed in front of the judges before walking off stage.

While the judges scored and did their stuff, I looked at my watch 7:49. I still have time. “Next up are Lee Donghae and Lee Hyuk Jae and they will be performing a dance routine.” They came out onto the stage and got ready. The judge cued and music started playing.

They’re really are good dancers. It looks like the music just flows their body into a beat. I’ll be surprised if they don’t make it. When they finished dancing, I felt my phone vibrate. I got a text message.

I’m heading home, Wookie^^

-Jonghyun-hyung

I sent a quick reply and whispered to Changmin. “I have to go now.”

He nodded. “I’ll tell you tomorrow if you’re friends made it in.” He waved. “Bye hyung.”

I smiled at him and left the auditorium.

A/N: Thank you guys for subscribing!:) Of course, if you can leave comments so I can know if you like it or not.

We’ll find out who makes it into the talent show in the next chapter!:)

Thank you for reading!

I love his teaser! Anyone else? Who's excited for 6th jib!!???