Miracle

Love Doesn't Last {HIATUS}

When I arrived, I saw my stepmother enjoying herself with a mani/pedi and facial. No one else was with her until and ajumma (?) or halmeoni (?) came downstairs. She somehow looked familiar...

"Oh, hey! Come in, do come in," she said in a sweet voice.

I sort of hesitated, but in the I came in because, of course, this place is also my home.

"Would you like some tea?" she asked me. I nodded just slightly. She snapped her fingers and a white glass cup with a matching plate appeared out of thin air. Then it floated to me as I held out my hands. It suddenly landed right into my hands. Amazing or am I dreaming?

"Do you want pomegranate or oolong?" she questioned.

"Oolong, please," I said politely.

Before she would snap her fingers again, my stepmother gasped, "Oh! _____, darling you came! Did you do your chores?" my stepmother asked me. Before I could even answer her, she laughed. "It's okay, this nice woman came over and did it for you. Consider yourself lucky~" she chimed.

Well this was a first, seeing her all happy in a natural state than in a forceful state. Then the... person snapped her fingers. A hot, steaming tea pot appeared along with a bottle of honey and a spoon. I set down the small plate and cup.The tea pot poured some oolong tea into my cup while the bottle of honey squeezed two spoons of honey into my cup and stirred it for me. She snapped her fingers and both of the items disappeared.

"Gamsahabnida~" I bowed.

"No need to bow, darling," she cooed. "Go ahead, and drink your tea."

I took a sip and felt myself falling into relaxation for once. "Thank you for all of this, but if you don't mind, could you please tell me your name?" I questioned her.

"Oh, right! I'm so sorry, where are my manners?~" she said gracefully. I hesitated, but gave an 'It's okay' motion along with a small smile.

"My name is Miyu Kida. Don't you remember me from the store?" she tested me. "Also, you can call me Miyu, Ms. Kida, or ajumma Miyu."

I knew it. She did look familiar. I can't believe the same woman, who was standing in front of Starbucks, is now in front of me... AND MY STEPMOTHER!!

...Wait a second if she could be seen and felt in front of my stepmother.. then how come nobody else saw her?

"In case you're wondering, I can only be seen in front of family. No friends or acquaintances," she said as if she just read my mind.

"Right..."

~~~~~(3rd person Omniscent)~~~~~

*Knock-knock*

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. _____ got up and opened the door. No one was there until Taeyeon popped out from a bush.

"Taeyeon, what are you doing here?" _____ bewilderedly asked.

"We're going to quickly pick out masks and dresses while it looks like your mother is having a good time," Taeyeon whispered. "Come on, we'll have some time to ourselves at the party."

"_____, who is that at the door?" _____'s stepmother called.

"It's only a friend from... work," she answered.

"So, what do you say? We'll have lots of fun," Taeyeon begged her. she thought about it, but she'd have to think of a lie to get out this one...

"Ms. Kim, I'm going out to run some errands," _____ yelled to her stepmother.

"Whatever..." she responded as if she was falling asleep.

"Alright!" Taeyeon quietly squealed with delight. "Let's find you a dress girl!"

"Wait, what time does the party start?" _____ questioned.

"It doesn't start 'til 8'o'clock."

"Oh, good we have one hour for you, and one for me."

"Don't worry, we're going to head down to your shop, grab some handmade dresses. Then go to one of my fastest stylist in town. She do our hair make-up, and she'll even pick out masks for us."

"Wow, apparently you have this all planned out."

"I know~" she chimed.

"Except for one thing," _____ pointed out.

"And what would that be?" Taeyeon tested.

"I don't have my keys to the store."

"That's okay. Where do live?"

"I live all the way across town, plus 10 more miles."

"Now I know that I haven't thought this through."

"That's okay. You know why?" _____ asked while pulling out her phone out, and speed-dialed someone.

"What are you doing?" she questioned with a quizzical look.

DJ: Yoboseyo?

__: Doojoon-ah, where are you right now?

While Taeyeon was telling and stressing her 'no' signs, they had no clue that Doojoon was also behind a bush.

"I'm right here," he yelled once he popped out from the bush. He was holding his phone to his ear, and waving. Meanwhile, Taeyeon and _____ was just in shock that they stepped back a few steps while screaming.

"Weirdo.." _____ mumbled, but nobody heard her. "Why are you behind the bush?!"

"Because, you need these," he replied while holding up a pair of keys. Those were _____'s store keys.

"I swear, you may be cute and an idol, but you are just way too weird for me," she said while snatching her keys away from her brother's clutches.