The magical rose

Love Doesn't Last {HIATUS}

When I came out, there was a table with a vase of roses and a small, old woman was sitting behind the table. It seemed kind of odd because she wasn't here before and no one seemed to notice that she was right there. I didn't care if the surrounding people looked at me and thought I was crazy, but I closed my eyes and counted to five. I opened my eyes to see if was gone, but she was still there.

"Take one, dear," she said in a sweet tone.

Should I? Although, I thought that this was peculiar because she wasn't here before. Also at the time, I thought about running away...but then again would be rude to an elder. Or she could just be in my head; my imagination; an illusion maybe? I still didn't care if people thought I was crazy or weird, but I stood there for 5 seconds with my eyes closed. Once I opened my eyes, she was still there, waiting for me to take a rose from the vase. It was still weird because no one seemed to notice her.

"Go on and take one," she repeated, gesturing me to take one.

I didn't hesitate, so I took the one in the middle. I stared at her and she looked back at me with awe.

Then, she spoke, "Such a wise choice. Today is your lucky day...or it could be tomorrow. I don't usually play match-maker, but at times like this, I really insist."

"Sillyehabnida, but what are you talking about?" I asked.

"The rose you chose, dear," she went on. "Either today or tomorrow, you meet some who is a gentle-loving person. The guy that you'll meet is very special."

"Sillyehabnida, again, but what was the rose for?" I asked, looking at the beautiful flower peculiarly.

"It told me your future. 31 petals = 31 days for the following month. That's how much time you'll spend with him," she explained.

'What?!' I muttered to myself.

Then, she gave me a business card, "Here, take this."

At the top right corner, it said her name, 'Miyu Kida'. 'Real Magic' was the title in big on the card. There were two columns: the column one the left said a list:

  • love potions
  • charms
  • magic

The second column said, "Fantasy made reality."

"But-" I muttered, looking up. Except, she seemed to have disappeared. Where did she go? For right now, it didn't matter to me because I had to go to work and I didn't want to be late.

So, I just continued walking with the rose in my left hand, my coffee in the other, and the card in my pocket.

Can you take a guess on who this guy might be?