Chapter 6

A Walk To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho is always busy at his restaurant especially during dinner time. He is unreachable and hates to be disturbed. But when Irene asked him to attend her friend’s party, he agrees to go. They sometimes still appear together in public. That is actually not a big deal. Only a little gesture of kindness they show each other as friends.

 

Minho excuses himself to get a drink from the bar when Irene is with her friends. He is not going to drive tonight, so he thinks a little alcohol is fine. 

 

Minho drinks his wine then hears a familiar voice. Not too far from him, he can see Taemin talking to a few people. A guy beside him keeps putting his hand on Taemin’s back and whispers to his ear multiple times. 

 

Minho stays there while watching Taemin walking to his direction. Taemin doesn’t seem to notice him.

 

“Gin and tonic, please.”

 

Taemin doesn’t look around. But Minho speaks first.

 

“Who is that guy?” Taemin finally turns to him.

“Why the hell are you here?” 

 

“I am with my ex wife.” Minho eyes Taemin from head to toe. And yes, Taemin looks good, especially with his hair being tied in a low bun. “You didn’t answer my question. Who is that guy?”

 

“Him? My boyfriend.” Taemin thanks the bartender for the drink.

 

“Liar. I know he is not. But why does he keep touching you inappropriately?” Minho snorts.

 

“Because we are together.” Taemin drinks.

 

“No you are not. Did he give you a ring? Because I did.” 

 

Minho points at Taemin’s little finger with a ring on it. Taemin almost forget.

 

“Oh . I will return this to you tomorrow.” Taemin keeps trying to take it out.

 

“No. I don’t want it. That’s yours.” Minho drinks again.

 

“Whatever. I need to go back to him.” Taemin gets up.

 

“Hey, Tae.” Minho caught his wrist. 

Taemin looks at him. “What?”

“I like your hair.” 

 

Taemin says a quiet thanks then leaves.

 

***

 

That night after shower, Taemin answers his phone.

 

“Why are you still up?” That is Minho again.

“I’m going to bed now. Why do you keep calling me?” Taemin puts his phone on a loud speaker while he combs his slightly wet hair.

“Because I miss you.” 

 

Taemin stops combing his hair and just stays still, doesn’t say anything for a few long second.

 

“Tae? Are you there?”

“Why are you like this?” Taemin finally asks. 

“Why not? I just say what I feel.” Minho laughs. 

 

And it’s crazy how Taemin feels like kicking his feet and rolling on the ground. Probably just because he has not heard that kind of confession for such a long time. It is a good feeling for sure, to be missed by someone

 

“I mean it. Really. Don’t you miss me too?” Why is Minho so bold. 

“I don’t.” Taemin tries to act unfriendly, but fails.

“You sound happy.” M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter