Chapter 4

A Walk To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin is just the way Minho remembers him, he eats a lot. Yoogeun keeps telling him to eat more and Minho chuckles every time. It is obvious that Taemin still hates him. He is warm and smiley to Yoogeun but turns very cold to Minho. 

 

Minho finds himself stealing glances at Taemin, because his reaction when he is eating is cute and satisfying. He is like a child.

 

Yoogeun is still eating when Minho goes to the toilet only a few minutes after Taemin. Minho enters to find Taemin washing his hands. He can see Minho from the mirror in front of him.

 

“Hi.” Minho says awkwardly. Taemin doesn’t say anything. “I want you to know how thankful I am to you for taking care of Yoogeun.” Taemin moves to take some tissue. “Look, Tae.” Taemin wipes his hands, waiting for Minho to finish what he is about to say. “I…we…” Minho stutters a lot and Taemin doesn’t have much time to listen to him. So he walks to get out of there, until Minho caught his wrist. Taemin looks at him in disbelieve, what do you think you are doing? “Please, listen to me.” Minho is literally begging. “I am really sorry, Tae. I was such a stupid teenager. I am so sorry I made you experiencing horrible things. But like I told you, I am not him. I have changed. Please forgive me.” 

 

“Do you think that simple sorry can fix my trauma? And it doesn’t change anything. It happened already. I still hate you.”

 

“Punch me then, if it can make you forgive me.” Taemin searches for a slight hint of joking in Minho’s eyes but all he finds is a sincerity. 

 

“I will,” Taemin smirks, “just not now because Yoogeun is here.” Minho feels a bit better to hear a playful tone. “But don’t expect me to forgive you that easily.”

 

“Of course.” 

 

“Now let go of my hand.” Minho doesn’t realize that he has been holding Taemin’s wrist all this time. When he let go, Taemin leaves the room right away.

 

***

 

Taemin meets Irene for the first time, when she takes Yoogeun to school. 

 

“Hello teacher. I’m Yoogeun’s mother. I heard about you from Yoogeun. Seems like you are his favourite.” She is pretty, like…really pretty. Probably the prettiest mother Taemin has ever met. She is that kind of girl that would look perfect with literally anything she wears. “From now on I am expecting to see you more often.” She smiles. 

 

She has intimidating aura, but the way she talks, makes her sounds so soft. And she looks so expensive, even her floral scent perfume probably costs more than Taemin’s yearly salary.

 

She is about to get in the car, when Minho’s car arrive. Taemin can see how they talk in front of the school. Looking from afar, Taemin just thinks that they look really good together. 

 

***

 

“Why are you here?” Irene asks Minho as soon as he gets out of his car.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Yoogeun is in his class.” 

 

“I know.”

 

They don’t have time for small talks. If they continue, they will definitely argue about many things. That’s why they stop.

 

Minho is here to give coffee for all teachers. Not because he needs reason to see Taemin, definitely not. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter