Strawberry waffles

My Accidental Happily Ever After

 

"It's finally Friday! I'd be hanging out with Onew." I enthusiastically said to myself as I got up from bed for some breakfast. 

 

As I travel down the stairs, the smell of strawberries and waffles have filled the hall. I felt my tummy grumble so I skipped over the dining room. 

 

"Yah, ahjumma!~" I shouted out loud so she can hear it. Why aren't there any maids today? No one woke me up, no one is preparing my bath and nobody is calling me out for breakfast. And the table is not yet set. This is weird. "Aish! I am so hungry. Slowpokes.." I whined yet nobody's coming over.

 

"Kyaaa~ You're awake at last! Good morning!" a sweet voice have called out to me from the kitchen. I know this voice and yes, it is very familiar. It's not who I think it is... right? I felt my heartbeat getting faster. This excitement! It's driving me nuts!

 

"T-T-Taeminnie?" I stood up from my chair and slowly walked to the kitchen. 

 

"I thought you already forgot me!" he ran out the kitchen door and jumped at me like a baby. Oh this adorable little guy! He was speaking so fast and giggling like a freak. His eyes were also sparkling like never before. It made me smile so big. I felt my heart puffing. I stared at him as he continued telling stories and experiences from his travel in Paris. 

 

Taemin is Jinki's little brother and he's like a mini me. We like almost all of the same things. He also has a great fashion sense, so we really match. I call him my baby because he is so cute. And I am his mom (umma in Korean #fyi)  I missed him so much! The last time we saw each other was last year! He went to Paris to visit his grandmother and have a vacation. 

 

"What are you doing here, sweetie?" I asked as I put him down on a chair, ruffling his soft, burgundy brown hair. "And I'm still in my PJs! Oh gosh, now umma is so embarrassed!"

 

He giggled at me and sticked his tongue out. "Because I missed umma and I wanted to prepare breakfast for you!"

 

"The maids can cook them for me, you know! So when have you arrived? You didn't even call me so I can pick you up from the airport. Dummy!" I poked his forehead a little which made him squint his eyes.

 

"Ermm. You see... I just arrived hours ago. Baby went straight here at umma's house so I can surprise and prepare breakfast for umma but then it seems like umma doesn't even appreciate even a little bit of baby's efforts. And umma even poked me." He whined and faked tears which made me laugh and at the same time, feel a little guilty.

 

"What?! You mean Jinki doesn't know?!" I was so shocked and at the same time touched by his actions.

 

"Nopey-dopey!" He laughed. "Let's keep it a secret, nehhh~ I will also prepare a surprise for him. And you are helping me, umma!" His eyes widened as he demanded me.

 

"Got it, sweetie. You stay here and watch some tv for a while. I'll go ask the maids to prepare my bath." I winked at him.

 

"U-uhmm. Umma~ About the maids...."

 

"Oh yeah. Where are they? Have you seen even one of them? This is weird. Nobody was answering a while ago." I rubbed my temples as I felt my eyebrow twitch from frustration.

 

"Umma.. The maids... You see.. WAIT! First, promise not to be angry!" he put his pinky up for a pinky promise.

 

I refused. "What is it that you have done, Minnie~"

 

"P-pinky promise first!"

 

I just raised a brow at him as I put my hands at my sides, waiting for his answer. Eventually, he put his pinky down.

 

"Umma~ You know that Minnie loves you so much right?"

 

"Yeah. So?"

 

"And you know that I just care for you, right?"

 

"Yeah. And so?"

 

"You know... that I just want to make you happy..... Right?" He looked at the floor as he waited for my response.

 

"YEAH YEAH I know! And so? What is it?" My voice got higher. I was getting eager to know the reason.

 

"I told all of them to take a day-off!" He closed his eyes and covered his face, feeling frightened of how I'll react to him.

 

"%^$*#$%^&*?!?!?! WHAT?!" I couldn't understand how I would react. I wanted to get mad but I can't! Not to this innocent baby. My hands had closed fists but then I closed my eyes and counted to 10. I sighed heavily and opened my fists and put them down.

 

I saw Taemin peak at the little slit from his fingers. I just smiled at him. I don't want to have a fight with him.

 

He awkwardly put his hands away from his face and opened his eyes. He giggled as he said 'sorry' to me. 

 

"You're so crazy!" I laughed as I pinched his cheeks so hard that he squealed in pain. 

 

"Yah, umma! That hurts!" he touched his cheeks and tried to rub the pain away.

 

"I know. That's a punishment, you silly boy! Now who's gonna prepare my bath, iron my uniform, and drive me to school?" I scolded at him.

 

"Uhm. For the bath, I will prepare it now. And I almost forgot! For breakfast, oops. Wait. I'll get strawberry waffles from the kitchen." He ran off and got back on a jiffy. "Eat well, umma. I specially made that for you. It's grandma's secret recipe."

 

"Looks yummy, sweetie!" I took a bite as he stared at me munching on his own creation. "You're great! I love it!" I gave him a thumbs up

 

"That's a relief! Now for your school uniform, I already ironed it. And for the transpo, I am witty to not let your driver have a day-off! I am underaged you know!" He then went upstairs to prepare my bath. I enjoyed his strawberry pancakes. I didn't know he can bake this good.

 

Oh, this little kid.~ How can he be so silly yet sweet and caring. He really prepared for this. He missed me as much as I missed him. I smiled to myself as I munched on his deliciously made strawberry waffles.

 



 

 

Short TaeKey update :) Kekeke~ Sorry for the long wait! I hope you have fun with this short chappy!!

 

Love yah, guise!

 

xoxo