What is love?

My Accidental Happily Ever After

 

The sun was shining brighty, welcoming another day of life. The skies were blue and the trees were green. It was a perfect day for school.

 

Key's POV

 

The sun's rays striked through my window which made me squint my eyes and cover them with my blanket of white and blue. I checked my phone which I always keep under my pillow. 176 unread messages, 52 missed calls from various girls from school. They never stop. 

 

*Knock knock*

 

"Master, are you awake?"

 

I stood up and left the comforts of my bed.

 

"Yes, I am, obviously." I opened my bedroom door.

 

"G-good morning, Master. Breakfast is ready." she turned red as she bowed in front of me.

 

"I'm skipping breakfast. Prepare my bath please." I muttered as I stretched my arms out. 

 

"Y-yes. In a while, Master."

 

---

 

I got into the tub and I drowned myself in the soothing calmness of the water. 

 

School. 

 

Why am I going in one anyway?

 

I really don't understand why my parents want me to go to school. Mom told me she didn't ant me to study so hard yet she wanted me to go to school. I am already intelligent and capable of anything. I am going to inherit the family business anyway. School is no fun.

 

Flashback

 

"Key, dear. Instead of putting yourself in the four corners of this room reading and studying alone, why don't you go try having fun while you're young? Go out there and learn about life! What do you think of going to school?"

 

I couldn't say no to her. Not to my mom. I have always lived up to her wants and expectations. All that I do is for my mom. I want her to be proud of me. But.. school? I wonder if school is really fun. I stared at the ground as she took me in her arms.

 

She smiled sweetly and hugged me tightly. "My son, I don't want you to grow old without experiencing what happiness really is. You don't have the most important feeling in the world. Love. I want you to truly experience it. I dont want to pressure you. I want you to be happy." She looked at me with her brown, teary eyes.

 

"Y-yes, mother! I will. Please don't cry. Don't worry, Key will be happy!" I faked a smile so she would smile too. And she did.  

 

---

 

Until now, I don't understand what she meant. At that time, a tear fell from her eye. I felt guilty and I wanted it to stop. More tears were falling from her eyes and I felt my heart aching.

 

Happiness. What is happiness for her?

 

---

 

Soon, I got out and got dressed. Our butler drove me to school with my black limousine. 

 

I opened the car door and I walked towards the entrance. All of their eyes are on me. I can hear girls squealing and they are swooning over me. Even guys have their jaws drop by the time they see me. Yes. I am attractive, I am famous, I am intelligent. I am almighty. 

 

---

 

I went straight to the Student Council Lounge.

 

"Hey president! Good morning." He smiled widely at me as he gave a pat on my back.

 

"Morning, Minho." I smiled at him. Minho is the SC Secretary. 

 

"Where are the files I told you to bring? Have you followed my instructions? Have you talked to the club presidents? How about the teachers? Where did you keep those documents I handed you last Friday?" I said as I sat comfortably on the couch, taking out files, papers, and documents.

 

"Everything done, Pres." he said as he handed me the documents I wanted.

 

"Thanks"

 

"Hey, Key." He called out to me. "Don't you take a break? I mean... Don't you go out and have fun? You are so occupied with work even if it's not that needed. Isn't it tiring?"

 

"Hmmm. I don't know. It's better than having nothing to do. I think this is fun anyway."

 

"What?!" He was laughing so hard which made me raise a brow. "Don't you hang out with girls? Dude, you aren't gay are you?!"

 

"You know, Minho. You shouldn't be sticking your nose into other people's business. I'm sure, you, coming from a well-known family, has been taught some manners since you were young, right? Or maybe they didn't? Should I teach you?" I said in an insulting tone while keeping a smile on my face. People who keep digging into my life irritate me. 

 

Girls.

 

Now that he mentioned it..

 

I never experienced dating one.

 

I have never fallen inlove with anybody. But that doesn't make me gay, does it? It's just that...

 

For someone as perfect as me, no girl could satisfy me. I have never seen a woman who has fit into my standards.

 

"I'll be going first, Minho." I sweetly smiled at him as if nothing happened. I don't want him talking trash behind my back. After all, I am the most famous guy in school, I won't risk my name and reputation for someone like him. "Bye."

 

"B-bye, Key. I-I'm sorry."

 

---

 

Class started a few minutes after I got into the room.

 

"Today, we'll be discussing about Shakespeare and his works."

 

Literature? I know everything about it. I have already studied everything about Shakespeare. This is useless.

 

I stared blankly outside the window. The trees, the skies, the birds... This peaceful feeling. But up until now, I can't consider my life perfect. I am rich, handsome, intelligent. I can get hold of everything I want.

 

 

But I still feel so empty.

 

 

Mom, you told me to go to school so I can learn about life.. so I can be happy. But I have never felt happiness in my life. Love... Have I not yet experienced it? Aren't the girls swooning over me enough to feel it?

 

 

Love..

 

What is love? 

 


 

A/N: Sorry if it's short :'( But still, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

Subscribe and Comment :)

 

xoxo