End

only one

 

“How about him?” Tiffany’s mother nudges her and points at a guy two rows vertically in front of her .

“I heard that he is the son of a chairman. He’s rich and not bad looking.” Her mother whispers.

“Ma, stop it, we’re in a church.” Tiffany brushes her off and tries to focus on the pastor giving his sermon.

“It’s just that you haven’t dated since that really funny guy and it has been a while. Would you like me to set you up?” Her mother continues, ignoring Tiffany’s scowl.

“It’s okay, I’m okay, will you drop it please?” Tiffany groans. 

“Alright, fine.” 




 

Tiffany checks her makeup in the mirror and neatens her clothes. Humming a verse she heard on the radio, she leaves her house for work. 

 

“Hey, Giselle.” She greets her assistant who was already sitting at her desk typing away.

“Oh, Hi Boss.” The girl looks up from her computer and smiles at her. Tiffany heads into her office.

 

It was almost lunch time and Tiffany’s phone buzzed. It was a message from her brother.

 

Call me when you’re free! I have news.

 

Her eyebrows raise as she dials his number.

 

“Hey Leo?” She calls out when she hears him pick up the phone.

“Hey Sis, guess what I just did!” Leo’s excitement vibrated through the phone.

“What?”

“I proposed to Joan and she said yes!” 

“You what?” Tiffany’s eyes widened at the revelation.

“I’m engaged!”

“Oh my god!” Tiffany says after letting it settle into her brain. She was excited for her brother but there was also a tinge of something else she felt about herself. 

“Congratulations, Leo.” She says, pushing the feeling away. It should be about him now. 

“I can’t believe you’re getting married!”

“Actually, me neither. Alright, I’m calling Ma next. See ya.”

Upon hearing her mother mentioned, the feeling came back.

“Okay, congratulations again.” Tiffany says and puts down the phone.

She takes a moment to collect her thoughts before texting her best friend.

 

The guy you told me about, set me up.

 

The reply was almost instant.

 

Great! I’ll text you the date details.

 

She exhales dejectedly.



 

Tiffany sat in front of the bar and ordered a drink.

It was the day of the date and she was ten minutes early. 

She sipped on her Martini slowly as she waited for the time to arrive.

Ten minutes could not have passed any slower. She looks at the door for men who could potentially be her date.

Her best friend, Sunny described him as ‘the love child of Lee Dong Wook and Ji Chang Wook’ and not going to lie, Tiffany was kinda eager to have her mind blown by the visuals of this person. 

A bald man enters, looking at her direction. She holds her breath and… 

finally exhales as he walks past her.

An older man enters, and walks directly to an older woman, whom she thinks is probably his wife.

A younger man enters, and Tiffany swears that he looks like an idol from the advertisement she saw walking by an Olive Young. 

Another man enters, and another, and another. Still no sign of the handsomest man alive. She sighs as she looks at her watch. It was 45 minutes past the meeting time.

 

“Anyone sitting here?” Her attention was brought to a blonde girl in a leather jacket and jeans. 

“Ye- Actually, I don’t think so after all.” Tiffany frowned.

“Did you get stood up?” The girl asks and Tiffany was taken aback by how direct she was. 

“And this is any of your business how?” She replied coldly, she was already frustrated at the no show and this small lady had to rub it in her face.

“So I can know if you need company.” The girl replied calmly, unfazed by Tiffany’s attitude.

Tiffany doesn’t answer.

“Alright, I’m going to sit here. Hey Yuri, can I get a whisky neat, and another glass of what miss lady here was having?” She waved to the bartender, and was met with two thumbs up.

“So, did you text him?” She asks and Tiffany looks at her incredulously.

“What?”

“The one who stood you up.” She prods.

“I don’t feel like talking about it.” Tiffany’s brows furrow.

“Come on, entertain me. Did you text him?” She pesters.

“I don’t have his number.” Tiffany groans.

“What?” The girl yelped in disbelief.

“My friend, she set me up and she’s not answering my calls.” Tiffany shakes her head.

“Oh. Okay so do you think that he didn’t bother to come or came and saw you and left?” The girl asks and Tiffany was almost insulted.

“No way, I look hot.” Tiffany states, matter-of-fact-ly. And she wasn’t lying. Clad in a simple black dress that hugged her waist nicely and showed off her legs, she looked good

“That’s true. You look hot.” The girl’s lips curled into a smirk.

They talk more and Tiffany finds out that her name is Taeyeon. Their conversation flowed so smoothly that nobody would believe that they had just met that night. 

They exchange numbers and Taeyeon walks Tiffany out of the bar.

 

Taeyeon inches closer to Tiffany and Tiffany froze. As their lips touched, she backed away immediately, as if she got electrocuted by those pretty, pink and soft lips.

“I’m sorry.” Tiffany mumbled, her mind in a mess.

“No, I’m sorry. I thought we were vibing.” Taeyeon immediately shakes her head.

“Honestly we were, but I don’t usually do this.” Tiffany chewed her bottom lip.

“‘This’ as in kiss strangers?” 

“‘This’ as in kiss women.” Tiffany hesitates. “I’ve never been with a woman.” 

“Oh, right. Okay then, Good night, Tiffany.” Taeyeon gives her a small smile and flags a cab.

Tiffany was unable to say anything else and she waited awkwardly as the cab approached them.

“Goodbye Taeyeon.” Tiffany looks warily at the petite girl before heading into the cab. 

Taeyeon waves at her and smiles politely as she was not going to let one unfortunate uality cause her any pain. Well, She tries to convince herself. But if she was really honest, it was still kinda disappointing because in the two hours that they were together, Taeyeon feels that it was the easiest conversation she had and (shhh, nobody say it!) she was starting to like Tiffany.

What she didn’t know was that she was going to the cause of the pandemonium in Tiffany’s head soon. 

 

“How did it go with that girl, Taeng?” Yuri asks as Taeyeon reenters the establishment.

“Nowhere, she’s straight.” Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. 

“Aw man, it seemed like you two were hitting it off,” Yuri pats Taeyeon on her back. “Plus she was so hot.” Yuri grinned and Taeyeon lightly shoves her shoulder.



 

The next few days, Tiffany was unable to focus on anything as a particular tiny blonde was living in her mind, rent free. 

Tiffany has always been a devoted catholic and thus never had the capacity to question her own uality. Whether her family was homophobic or not she did not know as it was not spoken about. Although there was a thing once with that girl at summer camp during middle school but Tiffany has long forgotten about it… till now.

Tiffany was typing something on her computer when a certain blonde haired girl appeared in her mind. Her eyes widens as she sees the sentence she had just typed.

The upcoming fall collection will include artists like Taeyeon. 

Her face scrunches as she deletes the name. She needs to stop thinking about her.

 

Sunny calls her.

“Hey Fany, Sorry my phone died that day and I couldn’t answer your calls. How was your date?”

Tiffany scowled as she got reminded of getting stood up. “What date.” She replied curtly.

“Steve told me that you guys hit off really well and are going for a second date tonight.” Sunny says, confused with the reaction she was getting from Tiffany.

“He told you what? He didn’t even show up!”

“Wait what? Huh? What’s going on?” 

“You tell me babe, all I know is that i was waiting for him and he didn’t show up and then someone else had the nerve to come and ask me about it.” Tiffany sighs.

“Oh, you met someone else?” 

“Kinda…” Tiffany was hesitant to say anything more.

“That’s nice, at least you weren’t alone that night.” Sunny teases slightly.

“Ugh. Please go find out what happened.” Tiffany rubs her temples.

“Alright, I’ll text you.” 

Tiffany hums and ends the call.

 

Okay, back to work. The upcoming fall collection will include new artists like… 

Her thoughts trail off once again.

Taeyeon.

She types once again.

“Oh man.” She groans and drops her temple on the table, banging it a few times. 

She takes a few deep breaths to collect herself, before picking up her phone and sending a text.



 

Hey, can we meet? 

A message pops up on Taeyeon’s phone as she was showing a clip of a monkey flinging its poo to Yuri.

“Tiffany as in straight girl Tiffany?” Yuri asks as she sees the sender.

“Yeah, wonder what she wants…” Taeyeon trails off as she presses on the notification.

Sure, when and where?

She texts back.

“Maybe she dipped her toes in the women pool and now she can’t get enough.” Yuri jokes.

“Maybe she just needs a friend.” 

Taeyeon hopes that is the case, she has been telling herself that Tiffany was out of bounds but a part of her started really liking her and was feeling disappointed that there probably will not be a chance that the feeling was mutual. She sighs. 

Yuri looks at her, concerned. “Alright, I know I tease and all but take care of yourself first okay?” She wraps Taeyeon in her arms. “No girl is worth sacrificing your sanity for.”

Taeyeon nods and buries herself into Yuri’s frame. “Thank you.”

 

Taeyeon and Yuri met at the bar that Yuri owned. Taeyeon arrived one late night after a breakup, desolate as she entered the establishment and requested for a drink. Yuri was already cleaning up but upon seeing how dejected the girl was, she decided to let her stay and drink for a bit.

At first Taeyeon was really quiet as she sat at the bar, gulping her drink but after three glasses, the lightweight started blabbering about the girl who dumped her and that was how Yuri found out that it was the same ex who had cheated on her previously. (But not with Taeyeon) so, through the hatred they shared, they became really fast friends.



 

“Over here!” Tiffany waves when she sees a familiar blonde entering the restaurant.

Taeyeon's attention moved to her and she waves back.

Damn, she looks so good. Tiffany watches as Taeyeon strode towards her in a denim jacket and black pants, her tank top dipping just enough to show the right amount of skin.

“Hey, Sorry I’m late, had a work thing.” Taeyeon settles down across her.

“It’s okay. You’re not that late anyway, is everything good?” Tiffany places a menu in front of Taeyeon.

“Yeah, it’s no big deal, just had to finish up this song I was working on, the company suddenly shortened the deadline." Taeyeon opens the menu and scans it.

"Have you been here?" Taeyeon inquired as she flipped the menu.

"Yeah, and the salmon is really good." Tiffany suggests.

"Alright, I'm ready to order," Taeyeon looks up at Tiffany and nods.

“Okay," Tiffany brings her hand up to call the waiter.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany were walking side by side after their dinner. They had agreed to head to Yuri’s bar for drinks before calling it a night. 

Honestly, Tiffany was having a hard time paying attention to what Taeyeon was talking about. She spent the walk catching glances at her, having a mental debate on what she was about to do.

 

“So,” Taeyeon says. “Don’t you think that umfff” Taeyeon was rudely interrupted as Tiffany had stopped her in her tracks and kissed her.

“Wait.” Taeyeon pushes Tiffany away from her.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon’s eyebrows were raised as she watched Tiffany’s expression turn into a frustrated one. 

“I don’t know. I really don’t. I just know that ever since that day I could not stop thinking about you. And I just ugh!” Tiffany groans and stomps her feet.

Taeyeon chuckles at the mess in front of her.

“Why are you laughing?”

“You’re like a five year old who wants candy but doesn’t have any.” Taeyeon grins.

Tiffany whines a little. “It’s your fault!” 

“I’ve never felt so confused. The only thing I wanted to do all night was kiss you.” Tiffany’s volume was lowered to a whisper.

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip as she thought about what her next actions should be.

“I’m sorry.” Tiffany sighed and started plodding away.

“No wait, let me think.” Taeyeon pulled her hand and turned her around.

The angels and demons in her brain were fighting as she thought about the potential consequences of the thing she was going to do next.

“I really want to kiss you too.” Taeyeon confesses, her moral compass evidently going haywire.

“Then,” Tiffany’s expression changes to a hopeful one and she inches closer.

“But I need to ask, are you sure?” Taeyeon tries with little effort to save herself as her mind was getting clouded by those pretty lips. She knows that (even though Tiffany hasn’t explicitly said that she was straight,) being an experiment for a straight girl will definitely not end well.

 

“The only thing I am sure about right now, is kissing you.” 

 

Taeyeon’s hands reach forward to cup Tiffany’s cheeks as she inches closer and captures her lips delicately. Tiffany’s hands moved to hold Taeyeon’s waist as she desperately pulled her closer, deepening the kiss.

 

As they broke away, Tiffany pants a little, catching her breath, eyes never leaving Taeyeon’s.

“Oh my god.” The corner of her lips curled up as she smiled and leaned in to kiss Taeyeon again.

 

The remaining walk to Yuri’s bar was in silence. Taeyeon didn’t know what to say as her head started convincing her that this was all a mistake. She’s going to realize she only likes men and waste your time. 

All her thoughts were brushed away when she felt Tiffany slip her fingers into hers, grasping them firmly. 

She glances at Tiffany to see her looking earnestly back at her.

“Give me a chance please.” Tiffany says softly. 

Taeyeon smiles a little and tightens her hold on Tiffany’s hand. 

 

“Hey Yul,” Taeyeon greets as she enters the bar. Yuri turns to greet her friend and her eyebrows lifted so  quickly that it was comical when she saw Taeyeon and Tiffany holding hands. 

“H-hey.” Yuri says unsurely.

Tiffany manages a shy smile. 

“Can we get two beers please?” Taeyeon was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she forgot to think about what Yuri would say about them. She shook her head slightly, and mouthed a “later”. 

“Two beers coming right up.” Yuri was still confused. Didn’t she say that Tiffany was straight?

 

Taeyeon comes back into the bar after sending Tiffany back in a cab.

“What? How? When? What?” Yuri exclaimed.

“She kinda kissed me just now.” Taeyeon took her seat across from her.

“I thought you said that she was straight?” Yuri questions, wiping the table.

“That’s what I thought too. But she didn’t actually say that. She only said that she hasn’t been with women.” Taeyeon shrugged.

“If you say so… just be careful though, this is such a huge gamble.”

“Ugh, I know, I know, but I like her so much.” Taeyeon groans frustratedly as she buries her head in her arms on the table. 

Yuri reaches out to pat Taeyeon’s head, “for your sake, I hope she does too.”

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany went for a few more dates and they both felt really good about each other. The reservations that Taeyeon had were all almost gone as Tiffany really seemed like she was serious with her. Yuri was even surprised at how natural Tiffany was with Taeyeon even though this was her first relationship with a woman.

Taeyeon thinks that it was time to pop the question.

 

“Are you sure it’s okay?” Tiffany checks again.

“Yes, it’s on the way anyway, I don't mind.” Taeyeon shakes her head.

“Alright, thank you. I’ll be quick.” 

They walked towards the building that Tiffany worked at.

Upon leaving the lift, Tiffany noticed that the light outside her room was still on but there wasn’t anyone. She shrugged it off, maybe her assistant forgot.

“This is my office.” Tiffany says as they enter the room.

Taeyeon was left to look around as Tiffany went on and finished the task she forgot to do before leaving that day. 

A few minutes later, Tiffany switches off the computer. She looks up and watches as Taeyeon was settled in a loveseat at the corner of the room. She was so engrossed in her phone, her brows slightly furrowed and her lips pursed. Tiffany's lips curled up unconsciously as she chuckled lightly.

Taeyeon directs her attention to Tiffany, an amused expression on her face. "What's up?" She stands up from her seat and walks to her side.

"Nothing, just noticing how cute you are." Tiffany sticks out her arms and wraps Taeyeon with them. She leans against Taeyeon's stomach. "You're only noticing it now?" Taeyeon reaches out to cup her cheeks and turns her head so that she is facing her.

"Noooo," Tiffany whined and Taeyeon's smile was mischevious.

"I'm just kidding." Taeyeon bent forward and Tiffany's heart fluttered as the sweet scent of apple from Taeyeon's shampoo filled her nose. She feels Taeyeon's warm breath against her face as her eyes fluttered close. Taeyeon's lips on her were soft and gentle.

 

“Before we leave, I wanted to ask you something.” Taeyeon pulls back and inhales.

“Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

Taeyeon sees a smile forming on Tiffany’s face.

“I would love to.” She clasps Taeyeon's collar and pulls Taeyeon towards her, kissing her again, ignoring the weird feeling bubbling in her chest. 

Taeyeon climbs on top of her on the chair, straddling her. She buries her hands in Tiffany’s hair and on her lower lip. 

Tiffany’s hand snakes in between them and s Taeyeon’s jeans. Then, her hand slides under-

 

“Hello?” There were two knocks at the door.

They immediately broke away. 

. Was the only word that appeared in Tiffany’s head.

“Giselle? Give me a second.” She calls out as Taeyeon swiftly buttoned her pants and neaten Tiffany’s hair.

“Do I look okay?” Tiffany whispers and Taeyeon nods.

“Me?” Taeyeon mouths and Tiffany nods.

Tiffany goes to open the door.

“Oh hey Giselle, just needed to do something I forgot to do earlier on. You’re still here?” She sees her assistant packing up.

“Hey boss. Yeah, I had to finish up some work, I’ll be heading off now.” She sees as Giselle’s line of sight moves to something or someone behind her.

“Oh, you had company, I’m so sorry.” Giselle tightens her hold on her bag and proceeds to leave.

“No, she’s just a friend from the gym.” The feeling she had earlier on explodes to the surface.

“Alright, see you tomorrow boss.” Giselle waves. 

Tiffany clenched her jaw anxiously as she realized what had just happened.

She turns around as her face becomes slightly pale and her breathing becomes irregular.

“I’m sorry." She inhales sharply.

"I didn’t expect anyone to be here," She takes another breath.

"And I," Her hand clenches aginst her chest.

"Didn’t know what to say," She swallows.

"I shouldn’t have brought you here," Her tongue juts out to wet her lips.

"And I shouldn’t have-” Tiffany huffs.

 

“Hey, hey. Look, it's okay, we just got together, it’s all new. Don’t worry about it. Breathe.” Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand and signaled her to follow her breathing.

“In… And out…”

“Do you feel better?” Taeyeon checks and Tiffany nods.

“Do you want to go back to my place?” Tiffany asks meekly.

“Are you sure?” 

“Yes.” Tiffany answers, gazing into Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Okay.” Taeyeon grasps her hand and they leave together.



 

Taeyeon knocks on the door.

After a few moments, the door opens and a surprised Tiffany appears.

“Oh, Taeyeon, what are you doing here?” 

“I was in the vicinity so I brought you some of the pastries you liked.” 

“Thank you! I would invite you in but-“

“Honey, who’s that?” An older lady appears from behind Tiffany.

“It’s my friend, Taeyeon.” She says before turning to Taeyeon, “This is my mom.”

“Hi, Mrs Hwang.” Taeyeon greeted politely.

“So this is the Taeyeon that you have been talking about, and finally we meet! Please, come in and join us for dinner!”

“Actually it’s okay, I just wanted to drop these off.” Taeyeon raised her paper bag.

“I’m sure Taeyeon has plans.” Tiffany said hastily.

“Well, do you?” Tiffany’s mother looks at Taeyeon expectantly. Taeyeon shakes her head.

“Okay, then I insist.” She pulls Taeyeon in.

 

Taeyeon was introduced to Tiffany’s father, Tiffany’s brother, Tiffany’s childhood male friend, James and another guy called Ian, who was supposedly there to be introduced to Tiffany as a potential partner.

Taeyeon would be shocked but she has since learnt that they were religious catholics and wasn't expecting Tiffany to be out with her so soon anyway, so she places her hand on Tiffany's thigh under the table and squeezes it, to let her know that it was okay.

 

“So Taeyeon, I hear from Tiffany that you produce superstars.” Leo comments.

“Oh, Tiffany leans toward hyperbole.” Taeyeon smiles shyly, “I give vocal lessons and sometimes I write music.”

“Impressive, Ian here is a vice president of a new software development.” Mrs Hwang shares.

“Yes we’ve created a chat bot to answer any questions  or fulfill any requests you might have. Basically like a search engine but you don't have to scroll through thousands of links to get your answers.” Ian explains.

“So if you would like free subscriptions just let me know, I’m your man.” He continues.

“Tiffany hates AI.” Taeyeon and James speak simultaneously. Their eyes met.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Ian says. 

“No, it's fine,” Tiffany shakes her head. “It’s just I find that it reduces human creativity and induces ethical dilemmas.” She finishes and Taeyeon had to stop herself from laughing out loud as Ian looked awkwardly at his plate.

“Honey, would you help me in the kitchen please,” Mrs Hwang called out.

“Sure, mom.” She follows her into the kitchen.

 

“He’s handsome and really smart and he’s your father’s partner’s nephew, so would you be nice please?” Mrs Hwang asked as she poured in the vinegarette and tossed the salad. 

“But I don’t want to be nice.” Tiffany frowns.

“Can I help with anything?” Taeyeon appears.

“Yes, can you help make my daughter less stubborn and a lot less picky?”

“Ooh, Tall order.” Taeyeon jokes.

“Thanks.” Tiffany rolls her eyes.

“Tell me, Taeyeon, isn’t Ian gorgeous?”

“Yeah, he’s really handsome. Totally Tiffany’s type. I think she really likes him.” Taeyeon pressed her lips together to hide her laughter.

“Yes, I am smitten.” Tiffany deadpans.

“It isn't happening is it?”

“No, ma it is not happening.” Tiffany takes two plates and heads back to the dining table.

Mrs Hwang sighs.

“So Taeyeon, how do you like James? Weren’t you two getting along well just now?” Mrs Hwang turns her attention to Taeyeon.

“Oh, um, he’s nice? But my plate is a little full right now.” Taeyeon quickly finds a way out.

“I can imagine, beautiful girl like you, you probably have men falling all over you left and right.” 

Taeyeon chuckles nervously.

“I just want Tiffany to meet someone. Is she dating?”

“Here and there I guess.” Taeyeon passes Mrs Hwang a plate to fill.

“Anyone special?” Mrs Hwang prods.

“You know, I’m actually not sure myself.” Taeyeon says truthfully.

“Keep me posted will you? My daughter can be so secretive sometimes.”

Taeyeon pauses, before nodding her head, “I’m sure if it's someone really special, she’ll tell you.”

 

Four months have passed and their relationship has been progressing linearly, albeit slowly. The anxiety Tiffany felt before was buried deep as Taeyeon had given her no pressure to do anything she didn't want to.

Taeyeon had just sent Tiffany in a cab and re-entered the bar. It has become a routine now, whenever they met up, they might either go watch a movie or have dinner but their time was mostly spent at Yuri's bar.

"Hey, Taeng, how is it going with her?" Yuri asks as she cleans the wet glasses with a cloth. She notices that even though Taeyeon might seem happy on the outside, there was a tinge of something, clearly bugging her as her resting face was always in a slight frown.

"Not as well as I want it to be but I don't want her to be uncomfortable." Taeyeon answers honestly as she takes her seat.

"Care to elaborate?" Yuri arranges the glasses neatly.

"It's like ever since that time in her office, we don't really go out because she is afraid that people might recognise her, she doesn't let me kiss her in public and I don't know..." Taeyeon emits a deep, audible breath.

"I feel like we were doing well, but then suddenly everything is regressing and I'm so scared to ask her because she might think that I'm wrong for her and then I'll lose her." Taeyeon frowns and her head drops to the table.

"I know it's scary. But maybe you should talk to her before your feelings get deeper and you might get hurt even more." Yuri advises, she didn't like to see her best friend so dejected.

"... I will." Taeyeon mumbles.

 


Tiffany was juicing an apple when her phone buzzed.

“Alright, enough is enough, you don’t call, you don’t text, are we breaking up or are you going to let me meet him?” Sunny complains as Tiffany picks up the phone.

“Oh Sunny no…” 

“So we are breaking up!” Sunny feigns hurt and gasps.

“No, honey, it's just so new I don’t want to jinx it” Tiffany says hesitantly.

“Just jinx it! When do I get to meet him? Brunch this Sunday?”

“The thing is we’re kinda laying low this weekend.” Tiffany finds an excuse.

“How about next week?” Sunny wasn’t backing down so easily.

“Um… okay sure.” Tiffany replied resignedly.

As she put down her phone, she could feel her heart beat increasing. She gripped the counter top and took deep breaths, forcing her anxiety to be kept at bay.

 

 

The weekend arrived and Taeyeon and Tiffany were shopping for groceries.

Taeyeon takes a deep breath. “Tiffany, do you still like me?” She picks up an apple and checks for blemishes, trying to be nonchalant.

“What?” Tiffany wasn’t sure she heard Taeyeon correctly.

“I mean if you do not like me as much as I like you, then it might not be wise for us to continue this relationship.” Taeyeon puts back the apple and turns to Tiffany.

“Why so suddenly? Aren’t we doing well?”

“We are. But I feel like I put you above myself and sometimes I don’t think it’s the same for you.” Taeyeon confesses, hoping for the worst.

“Tae, let's not do this here," Tiffany became wary of her surroundings and was afraid of strangers listening into their conversation.

Taeyeon's face fell, "ah ."

"No no no, Tae," Tiffany immediately called out, "I," she covertly glanced around them and reached out to hold the hem of Taeyeon's shirt. "I really like you." She whispered.

Tiffany looks into her eyes as she tries to convey her feelings and Taeyeon was almost relieved.

 

"Fany? What are you doing here?"

Tiffany's breath hitches as her attention was moved to someone behind Taeyeon.

“Oh my god, Sunny, w-what are you doing here?" Tiffany was panic stricken and was almost unable form words.

"Shopping of course," Sunny replies, looking between Taeyeon and Tiffany trying to figure out their situation.

"Hi," Taeyeon smiles politely and greets awkwardly.

Tiffany introduces the both of them to each other as her friend.

"Hi," Sunny reaches out to shake her hand.

Taeyeon, although not surprised, she felt as though she was being stabbed in the gut with a blunt knife as Tiffany gives a lame excuse to Sunny as to why she was here with Taeyeon and not her 'boyfriend'.

"Alright," Sunny says skeptically as she bids them goodbye and excuses herself.

 

"Tiffany," Taeyeon was getting tired.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon, I made a mistake. Please, please, please, please don't leave me." Tiffany begged as she reached out to grab Taeyeon's wrist.

Taeyeon exhaled grimly as she convinced herself to give Tiffany one more chance.

 

 

The next time Tiffany meets Sunny, she could not wait to drill her about Taeyeon.

“You’re dating a woman? You’re the most conservative person I know!” Sunny exclaims incredulously.

Tiffany’s heart races as panic strikes her.

“I know! I don’t know but it just happened! Oh my god am I gross? Am I gross for liking a woman? What will people say? What will my family say? Am I going to hell? Oh my god I am going to hell. Oh no. I need to put an end to this. I need to stop this. What should I do?” 

“Hey, Tiffany? You’re hysterical. Calm down.” She pushes Tiffany down to the chair and makes her breathe properly.

“What’s she like?” Sunny asks.

“She’s great. She’s so funny, and so smart, and she has the best heart, she's so kind and patient.” Tiffany palms her temple and squeezes her eyes shut.

“How’s the ?” Sunny continues.

“Good.” 

“Really?”

“Yeah. She’s so gentle and attentive and she’s so small, she’s tiny but, oh my god Sun, she's so good at it. “

Sunny nods in approval, “She gets you?”

“Yes. I feel like we just click. Anything she says I agree with so easily. It’s like we’re two of the same person.” Tiffany replies softly.

“Well damn, I guess we really have to end it then.” Sunny says sarcastically. 



 

“You look beautiful, honey.” Mrs Hwang comments as Tiffany stands on the platform and shows off the bridesmaid dress that she was getting fitted for.

“Thank you.”

“Just in time for lunch,” Mrs Hwang checks her watch. “Taeyeon should be here anytime. I’ve invited her to come with us since she works nearby.”

“You’ve invited Taeyeon?” Tiffany’s eyes widened.

The bell from the shop door rings as if on cue and Taeyeon walks in.

“Pretty!” Taeyeon remarked, “Hi, Mrs Hwang, what’s all this about?” 

“Ha-ha, very funny.” Mrs Hwang replies, not noticing that Tiffany’s face had turned white as a sheet.

“No seriously, what’s with the dresses?” Taeyeon looked between them.

“These are the dresses for the wedding, Leo’s wedding.”

“Leo is getting married?” Taeyeon’s expression falls.

“Didn’t I tell you?” Tiffany manages out.

“When?” Taeyeon’s eyebrows were furrowed.

“I don’t remember when I told you.” Tiffany says softly.

“No, when is the wedding?” Taeyeon was trying to calm her rising heart rate. Tiffany’s lips were pressed into a thin line.

“It’s next weekend, didn’t you get the invitation?” Mrs Hwang asks.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany but Tiffany was unable to meet her gaze. 

“I’m sorry, please excuse me.” Taeyeon turns in her heels and walks out of the shop.

“Tae, tae!” Tiffany follows her out.

 

“Please wait.” Tiffany chases after Taeyeon.

“Your brother is getting married next week and you didn’t tell me.” Hurt was evident in Taeyeon’s face.

“I’m sure I told you.”

“Stop saying you told me when you know you didn’t!” Taeyeon raises her voice in frustration.

“Let’s not do this here.” Tiffany pleads.

“I’m so tired of this, I’m so tired of being left out of half of your life, we’re in a relationship.” Taeyeon sighs.

Tiffany reaches out, signaling for Taeyeon to lower her voice, “please.”

“No, we ARE in a relationship. whether you acknowledge it or not,” Taeyeon brushes her hands away and increases her speed.

Tiffany catches up and stops in front of her.

“Let’s not do anything crazy. I’m just not ready to deal with the complexities of…” she trails off.

“God, you can’t even say it.” Taeyeon was desolate.

“Say what Tae, say what? I have never ever imagined doing anything like this.” 

“But you are doing it, it didn’t just happen to you, I didn’t force you, I gave you a chance to leave. And you came to me.” Taeyeon protested in exasperation.

“Look, I can’t always be the one doing things you want and at your pace when you don’t even share with me the basic things happening in your life.” Taeyeon continued as adrenaline surged through her veins..

“What’s so terrible about having some privacy?” Tiffany argued.

“Because Fany, when you don’t acknowledge who I am to the people around you, it makes me feel like you’re ashamed of me.” Taeyeon’s lips quivered.

“But I am not ashamed of you.” 

“That’s how it feels.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“I want you to take me to your brother’s wedding.” Taeyeon holds her breath.

Tiffany exhales shakily, “I can’t.”

“Well then Tiffany, I can't either.” Taeyeon storms off.

 

Tiffany stands there and watches as Taeyeon’s silhouette becomes smaller before she hears her mother knock against the glass.

She looks up as her mother raises her brows.

She shakes her head and walks back into the shop forlonly.

 

 

Taeyeon walks despairingly into Yuri’s bar, her eyes downcast as streaks of tears stained her pale cheeks, her lips quivered as she sniffs.

Upon seeing her, Yuri dropped whatever she was doing and rushed to her.

“Hey, what happened?” Taeyeon’s face scrunched as more tears fell.

“Oh, Taeng.” Yuri reaches out to envelope her into a hug, lightly rubbing her back.

“I’m so stupid, Yul, I am so stupid. I knew this was going to happen and I let it anyway, just because of my stupid feelings.” Taeyeon coughs out between the sobs and Yuri frowned at how desolate her friend was.

"You're not stupid, Tae, not at all." Yuri tightens her grip on Taeyeon as her body vibrates from another wave of tears.


 

The next week, Tiffany was not her usual self. She was withdrawn at work and her assistant, Giselle noticed it and left sweets that Tiffany liked on her table, in hopes of cheering her up.

 

She was at the rehearsal dinner and her brother was practicing his speech for his fiancé. 

“I love you.” Leo says, looking at his fiancée.

Upon seeing her brother passionately kissing his fiancée, Tiffany's heart clenches. She excuses herself and heads outside the venue and sits on a bench.

Her mother comes out not long after and settles down beside her.

“Beautiful toast.”

“Yeah it was.”

Tiffany inhales shakily, her eyes glossy.

“You okay?”

“Sometimes I just think I'm going to be alone forever.”

They sat in silence for a few seconds as her mother processed what to say.

 

“My love, you're my love, do you know that? Sometimes I worry for you.”

"I worry for me too." Tiffany bites back the tears that were threatening to fall.

 

“You always strive for perfection and..." Mrs Hwang exhales.

"I know it’s mostly my fault but I wish you were less critical of yourself. " She stops to look at Tiffany.

"I wish you could let yourself be happy even if things are not perfect.” She pauses.

 

“Fany, I think… "

"I think she's a very nice girl.”

 

Tiffany was speechless as she looked into her mother’s eyes, not believing what she had just heard. She never knew and expected that someone who was religious her whole life could just accept her and all of her so warmly and easily.

She hugs her mother tightly, as tears rolled down her face profusely, feeling all of the emotions at once.

Once she calms down, she remembers that she had ruined it with Taeyeon.

"Oh no, I messed everything up." She buries her face in her palms.

Her mother pats her back gently, "Honey, one thing I know and love about you is that you never give up, no matter how hard things are, I'm sure you will know how to fix it."



 

Tiffany rang the doorbell and waited anxiously.

The door swung open slowly to show a Taeyeon that has obviously been crying a lot.

 

“I’m wearing this,” Tiffany shows off the dress on the hanger she was holding onto. “Would you be interested in wearing this?” She pointed to the dress that was currently on her.

“Are you serious?” Taeyeon's lips trembled as she took a deep breath.

“Please don’t cry. I’m serious, I want you to be with me at Leo’s wedding.”

Tiffany pulled Taeyeon to the living room and they sat side by side.

“I was so afraid of how people around me would look at me when they found out that I had a girlfriend. But the past week I didn't have you was unbearable. And my mother knows about us. I am not afraid anymore. I’m more afraid that I’ve lost you and am not able to get you back.” Tiffany reveals earnestly, reaching out to hold Taeyeon’s hands. 

“Please, if you will, take me back. Please, Taeyeon. I missed you so much. I love you.”

Taeyeon’s hesitance was forgotten when she heard those last three words.

“You do?” 

“Yes. I love you very much.” Tiffany inches forward and rests her forehead against Taeyeon’s. 

“I..." Taeyeon exhales shakily.

"I love you too.”

Tiffany closes the gap and presses her lips against Taeyeon's.

 

 


 

A/N: Eeep, I kinda rushed it to make it on time for valentines day hehe. I didn't expect this to be so long but oh well, Happy valentine's day friends, hope you all enjoyed this the way I did. 

Maybe(???) an epilogue next(???) Maybe