Turbulence

Far away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The final results of the class missions have just passed and we ended up in last place… And just as sad as it was, it was kind of expected. We were a group that specialized in battles rather than in choreography. I did have a few experiences in making and dancing choreographies but unfortunately, I was not chosen to take part in any of the classes.

Halo: It is alright guys. To be honest, we all kind of expected it to turn out like this since we all knew that we were more specialized in battle. But no matter what, all of you did a great job in the class missions.

Bora: I agree! I was even impressed by how fast you guys managed to learn the choreography even though your genre is more hip hop. Unnies is the best! Let us look at this on the positive side: now that you guys have the experience in choreography, we can use it in the kpop death match battle and show them that we deserve a spot in the next round and also on top of that avoid going into the elimination battle.

I looked at the unnies as they began to smile a bit and look at each other with more life in their eyes instead of defeat. I don’t blame them. It is always not that nice to place last in anything and to be beaten with a big point difference to the second last.

Halo: Thank you, Bora. You are right, we should keep our chin up and show them who the true dancers in this show are. After all, this is called STREET woman fighter.

Yeni: Then shouldn’t we have Bora take the lead in this mission? After all, she is the only one here who has experience in making choreographies.

Baby Sleek: Is that fine with you Bora? You don’t need to say yes if you don’t want to, we don’t want to burden you too much.

Bora: It is fine, I did agree to be a part of this crew and also I didn’t participate in the class missions so I have to pull my weight somehow. Don’t worry, I will make a choreography that is easy or kind of easy for us to dance but hard for 1million to execute right.

Chocol: That is our prodigy! I know that you can do it! I believe in you!

Chocol unnie wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a very tight hug, making me whine and making the rest of the girls laugh at us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at myself in the mirror. Since I got the chance to take the lead in the choreography this time, I had to take responsibility and pull my weight. That meant using all of the time even out of filming to work on the choreography. It has to be perfect, no less than that, or else it would just be a mess and a secure failure for our team and I couldn’t allow myself to let that happen. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and in the dimly lit dance studio as I took a very deep breath and exhaled slowly. You can do this Bora. You can secure a place in the next round with ease. I the songs for the millions of times and listened carefully to every beat of the songs while imagining the possible steps. I noticed the girls entering the room as we had planned to gather together to brainstorm and put some of the choreography together, at least the one that 1million had to copy. I didn’t react to them at all but just continued to stress my brain, trying to make the choreography but even though I haven’t lost a battle in my career, I wasn’t a master in hip hop like the rest of the girls. My main genre is krumping and popping so this was quite a challenge for me but I just had to push myself, especially after I promised the girls that I would make a choreography that would be hip-hop-based and easy for them to perform.

Bora: Come on… think of something you stupid brain….

I whispered to myself while staring at my reflection. This was the first time that I ever felt insecure with myself and in my dancing. The fluidity and the free moves that marked the genre of hip-hop were a big contrast to the sharp-like knife moves and the sharp isolations that K-pop choreographies were known for. The more I tried to do this, the more frustrated I became. I just couldn't get it right no matter what I did! This studio has always been my happy place but now it has become a battleground. I feel like I’m fighting against myself right now. Usually, I would pull off all of my moves with confidence but this unfamiliar genre made me hesitate with each move. I couldn’t bring myself to do it right.

Halo: Hey Bora, how is everything going with the choreography? Do you need any help with it? You know that you can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter