Finale

Safety Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 31, 2023, Present time

 

The once neat and scented paper was now full of dark, wet patches brought about by the teardrops falling from her eyes. She was seated at the corner of her room in a fetal position. She looked at herself through the reflection of the mirror in front of her. Her eyes are red and puffy, face stained with the tears that ran down from her eyes. She was a mess. 

 

She looked at the paper in her hand once again, particularly on the signature at the bottom. Forever and Always, Kayce. Kayce, her best friend, her soulmate, her confidante, her safety wife, her first love. Her eyes began to water once again, fresh tears were about fall, but she was interrupted when she heard the door open. 

 

“Florance Willow Kim, para kang tanga diyan.” a deep, playful voice echoed throughout the room — their shared room. She looked up from the letter she has been staring at for minutes now. She saw her fiancé look at the paper she was holding, her eyes widening when she realized what it was.

 

“Baby, is that—“

 

“It is. Why did you not give this to me before?” she said with confusion written all over her face, looking at her fiancé with those onyx eyes that the latter has always been fond of. She walked towards Willow and wiped the tears that stained her fluffy cheeks. Willow held onto her fiance’s hand, brushing it with her thumb. She closed her eyes, feeling the comfort of her fiancé’s hand. 

 

“Because giving it means that I had to finally let go of you, and I don’t think I was ever ready for it. I wrote that letter with the intent of sending it to you once everything I’ve written there was true.” As she opened her eyes, she saw Kayce looking at her lovingly with a soft smile on her face. 

 

“Mula noon hanggang ngayon, ikaw lang, Willow.”

 

“And it has always been you, Kayce. Mula noon hanggang ngayon.” Willow leaned forward, sharing a kiss with her soon-to-be-wife. 

 

“I can’t believe you're already turning 30 and we’re finally getting married tomorrow. Napaka-baby mo pa rin kasing tignan.” she pinched her fiance’s cheeks, making the younger pout. Kayce just chuckled at the sight of her cute partner. 

 

“I did promise to marry you once we turned 30, didn’t I?” Willow chuckled. Kayce wrapped her arms around her, leaning her head on Willow’s chest, the proximity bringing warmth and comfort throughout her entire being. 

 

It’s been years since Kayce came back home, years since she reconciled with her best friend, and years since they finally got together, but she still can’t believe that everything that’s happening now is real. 

 

•~•~•~•~•

 

2017, Kayce’s Return

 

“Willow?” She was surprised to see the woman seated at their living room couch pagkababa n’ya from her room. She saw how her (former, she’s really not sure) best friend lifted her gaze towards her direction and abruptly stood up and not make another move after that. She tentatively approached the woman, bracing herself with whatever it is that the younger is gonna do to her after falling off of the radar for years.

 

“Kayce, you’re really here.” Willow dazed, still not believing that she’s seeing the woman in front of her again after 4 years. She just stood there, frozen. She wanted to hug her best friend — yes she still considers Kayce her best friend despite what she did — and tell her how much she missed the woman so much, but she didn’t make a move. 

 

When Kayce was already in front of her, she saw how the woman was just staring at her feet, hands fidgeting, probably contemplating how she could approach her. Willow chuckled at the sight, prompting Kayce to finally lift her head and look at the woman up close. Still as beautiful as ever.

 

“Come here, you . I have so many questions for you, but let me hug you first.” she opened her arms wide, making Kayce run towards her and have herself be engulfed in a warm, tight hug. 

 

“I missed you so much, Kayce. Please don’t do that again.” She felt her best friend kiss her temple and rested her head on top of hers. Suddenly, she felt something wet on her head. She heard Willow sobbing loudly, and it broke her heart to pieces hearing the love of her life’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter