The Letter - Final Part

Safety Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I decided to accept the job offered to me by a company in the US. I never wanted to but I had to be as far away from you as possible because I needed to move on. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy for you and your relationship with her, but I can't commit myself to being fully supportive because I was hurting. I’m sorry for cutting all forms of communication with you, but I needed to put myself first. I needed to distance myself from you to heal myself so that when I go back home, I won’t have to pretend to be a supportive best friend while slowly dying inside from the pain of seeing you both together, wishing that it was me beside you instead of her. 

 

Months ago, I heard from Keiko that you’re about to get married to Vivien this year. I cried for weeks after knowing that, Willow. I was in denial. I’ve always wanted it to be you and I until we die, but I guess this is where everything ends. It took me years, but now I can finally say this without a heavy heart. I am genuinely happy for you, Willow. I think we were never meant to be together this time. In another universe, maybe? Who knows, right? 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter