The Letter - Part One

Safety Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 1, 2016

 

My Dearest Willow,

 

You’re probably wondering why I decided to write you a letter after 3 long years of not hearing a single word from me. Well, I honestly don’t know either. Maybe it’s because today’s your birthday, or maybe because the first thing I saw when I looked outside the window today was the snow falling — you know how I’ve always associated winter with you — and it makes me miss you a little bit more.

 

Or maybe it’s because of the old couple that I saw sitting at the park bench while I was walking on my way home earlier, and it reminded me of those times when we used to talk about how we should just marry each other and grow old together if we’re still single at the age of 30. 

 

I don’t know if you can still recall, but the first time you brought it up was when you had your first heartbreak because your stupid crush likes someone else. Yeah, it was stupid ‘cause we were still in primary school and you’re already crying over your silly crush. That time, I never really took it seriously ‘cause what did we even know about these things before, right? But it’s been 11 years since that day, and I never thought such childish remark would leave a deep, permanent scar in me. 

 

•~•~•~•~•

 

Year 2005, Sixth Grade

 

“Florance Willow Kim, para kang tanga diyan.” I said as I saw my best friend, Willow, crying inside the school’s greenhouse. She was seated at the corner, knees curled up to her chest, face stained with the tears that are continuously flowing from her eyes. I approached her, kneeling in front of her with my arms wide open. She immediately wrapped her arms around me, and I let her feel the warmth of my embrace, trying to comfort her despite not knowing what’s going on.

 

“What’s wrong, Will?” I asked, hesitantly breaking the hug once I felt that the younger was no longer crying. Willow just looked at me with her puffy red eyes, another set of tears already threatening to come pouring down. She immediately wiped her eyes to prevent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter