Episode 3: Pulling Heartstrings

Killing Cliché (with Jake from ENHYPEN and Huening Bahiyyih from Kep1er)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wednesday came. Bianca was both excited, but yet nervous. In High School, subjects become more advanced and advanced. But it would not seem to be much trouble, since she knew how to tackle everything…so far.

During Namjoon’s class, Bianca and Bahiyyih secretly had their conversation. But they could never make it loud, though. Otherwise, they would have gotten detention.

“So what do you do at the Photography Club?” asked Bianca.

“To make it short so that we are not too distracted,” said Bahiyyih, “We give out a prompt, then we give out some examples through a slideshow, and then after that, we send out everyone to a certain place to take the photos, so that we could learn how to edit them.”

Bianca knew about how to edit photos. But she could never present it to anyone! She felt the nerves rising all the way up her spines.

What if…my ideas don’t work? 

And then, the bell rang. All of the students were running down the halls for lunch. Bianca then struggled to find the classroom where the Photography Club was held. While she looked again, Bahiyyih found her.

“It’s in Mr. Joon’s class.” she said.

“Oh,” said an embarrassed Bianca, “I guess I didn’t read the resume right, I guess.”

“No, no, you did. I think because you are new here, you weren’t given a proper tour, since you had to start class right away.”

Bianca nodded and followed Bahiyyih.

The club began, and Bahiyyih and Jungwon introduced their organization.

“I am Bahiyyih!”

“And I’m Jungwon!”

“And we are your leaders for our Photography Club!”

Only Bianca gave the first applause. Everyone else stood quiet. Bianca became a bit resentful. This made her feel that she was not once respectful to her club.

Amateurs! 

“So to get started,” said Jungwon, “We are going to watch a demo video about how we function a camera, and how we properly take the photo and edit it into the best quality possible.”

“And last but not least of it, we are happy to announce that the school faculty has chosen this club for the Visual Arts Contest at the end of the year!”

Again, Bianca was the only one to applaud. Bianca scowled.

Am I the only one that is actually enjoying this class? 

After watching an at least fifteen-minute demo video, Bahiyyih and Jungwon passed out their prompts and their assigned locations.

For Bianca, she was assigned to go to the national Cherry Blossom park and her assignment was to find one thing in nature. But Bianca was not very sure about finding the one thing in nature. Certainly, it would not be ever so difficult for her to find it.

“I am certain to find the one thing there is in nature, even if it takes me all day to find it!” she vowed silently to herself.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Meanwhile, Jake and most of his friends were sitting together on the floor near Mr. Yoongi’s classroom. Jake’s best friend Park Sung-hoon noticed the students rumoring about how talented his violin skills were. But Jake did not say anything about it. That concerned Sung-hoon.

“Jake,” he said, “Why aren’t you addressing these rumors about you? It’s getting pretty concerning.”

“There are rumors?” asked Jake, “I never get any rumors. Strange, isn’t it?”

“I guess” said Sung-hoon, “But as a good friend of yours, we must keep each other safe, and that includes many assumptions that we tend to make, even if it’s only dubbed ‘one simple mistake’.”

Jake nodded and replied, “I will try to address these supposed ‘rumors’ to calm the state down.”

Bianca then walked past the boys. Jake then stared at her for a long time. But then, Sung-hoon tapped on her shoulder.

“What was that about?” he asked.

Jake stammered and struggled to answer. He wanted to tell him and Bianca about how he feels. But he didn’t want to spoil anything. He didn’t want everything to collapse into ruin.

“I–I…I like this girl.” he blurted.

Sung-hoon dropped his jaw and sat Jake back down. He could not believe that his own best friend actually had a crush after many years!

“After so long,” Sung-hoon began, “After the school SIJH was fined for reckless care and child abuse, and after the whole pandemic began and passed…you, Shim Jae-yoon, have a crush on a girl???”

“Yes,” said Jake, “I officially do.”

Sung-hoon rejoiced. Bianca took notice and ran away to Namjoon’s classroom. The bell then rang and lunch had ended. It was time to get back to class. Still, both Sung-hoon and Jake rejoiced because their feelings were enlightened.

Bianca spaced out during the whole class. But Namjoon let her come back to her senses. He gave a winning smile.

“Something more important to think about?” he asked, “You seem to be tired and brainless.”

“It’s nothing, really.” said Bianca, “I still have too much to process in my big brai

Please log in to read the full chapter