Episode One: Pilot

Killing Cliché (with Jake from ENHYPEN and Huening Bahiyyih from Kep1er)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi! I'm Bianca L/N!

I am fifteen years old and I came from Cambridge, England. And I must say, schools in Korea are tough to get through.

When I was ten, because of the crazy rules that my mum read about online before sending me to a school, we had to do schooling in an online course that allows you to work at your own pace. And it stayed that way until I was twelve in middle school.

Of course you had to wear a school uniform, which I was pretty much alright with. But there was another problem that me and my mum had. Actually, two problems.

 

1. My hair color was a brunette color, and literally, most students, and even the teachers blasted out my mom for dying my hair. Mum was so furious that she cut out a few strings of my hair, and brought some recent photos of me to the school’s front office to prove that my hair color was clearly the real color! Why would I dye my hair?

And worst of all, it was while I was wearing my hair in two ponytails with pink ribbons, when the school vice principal asked what I was doing. I was on my own and I was on my phone. I knew I was not supposed to be on my phone so I quickly put it in my jacket’s pocket. But then, a fellow student (if you can call her a “fellow”) searched through my pockets to reach my phone. But it was not even in my front pockets.

The vice principal asked where I put my phone at, and I responded that I was talking to my mum, since we were on break. But then, the vice principal said that my mother was “stupid” for not letting me study at a “place of power”. Whatever that means.

Now about my hair, the vice principal said that I was not allowed to have any accessories, including fancy hair ties. I asked why there was such a rule at a simple school. The student next to the vice principal said that it might “distract” the other students from their studies. That's just a bunch of B.S!

And so, they both gathered all the students into the assembly room, forced me on the podium platform, demonstrated how I “broke the rules”, and literally yanked out my pink ribbons. And to top it all off, the student with the vice principal, in her strength, slapped my cheek SILLY. It hurt so hard that I actually cried hard in front of everybody!

 

2. Another problem. After that humiliating moment of my life, I remembered crying about it while I was sleeping. And I couldn’t tell my mother about this. But I knew I was going to have to tell her after what happened the week after the whole fiasco over my pink ribbons.

I was wearing my BTS good-luck charms. But they aren’t allowed in schools. When I turned thirteen, however, no one even bothered to say one single “happy birthday”. I was both sad and angry.

Anyways, while I was wearing my BTS jewelry, a boy student walked up to me and said, “You can't wear those to school, I’m glad that the teachers haven’t caught you yet.”

And then, he walked away. I was confused. I didn’t seem to understand why jewelry wasn’t allowed at a simple school. Not only did I feel disgusted and irritated, but I also fumed, because it was basically the school’s fault, since we didn’t know that even upper-grade schools had too-strict rules.

But then, when I was returning to my cubby to retrieve my BTS jewelry, I found that they were not there anymore! I looked underneath the papers that I shoved in there, and in and out of my shoes, and even in the little pocket in the inside of the door. But then, the same guy from the school…along with my homeroom teacher…stood right behind me!

I knew I was in a lot of trouble!

They brought me into the homeroom classroom and, along with some other students, they began to paddle me hard! So hard, I screamed hysterically. It was just painful! I can tell that the student patrol did not want to see that happen to any of their students. Luckily, my mum arrived just in time to confront what was going on. She yelled for a long time. And right when Summer was there, she pulled me out and it was back to homeschooling.

 

As you can tell, I grew up with a tough and violent education. And I was punished for the slightest things. I had hoped things wouldn’t be as bad in high school. At least, during my freshman year, I had to do homeschooling online. My relief from that school passed on and everything was normal again.

Wish me luck in my Sophomore year!

 

.

.

.

 

Episode One: Pilot

 

Bianca L/N's high school life was like no other. Not only because it was in Korea, since the education was quite known for its uptight curriculum, but everything had to be in the highest of their expectations. Bianca knew she could top it all off. But unfortunately, everything she did, and everything that she tried just made it worse.

Have to make this right, somehow, she thought, I must please everyone in this school! But how?

Although she was without any inspiration, Bianca knew just what to do. She was pretty, enough to attract most of the boys in her school. But even that didn't work either. And it was also during the COVID-19 pandemic already. It was clear that Bianca was already in enough tremendous trouble, even if she was for the wrong reasons.

Fastforwarding to August 22, 2021, it was almost time for Bianca's sophomore year. She then got ready and looked out in front of the mirror. At first, she then frowned. She worried terribly about what would happen at the school. But then, she thought to herself that everything would be alright and smiled.

"I'm sure that everything will go right!" she said.

On the drive over, Bianca felt nervous. It was normal to feel the first day jitters, especially after a complete year of a pandemic and staying indoors for a long time. But when the pandemic passed Bianca and her single mother were overjoyed by the news.

"Excited, aren't you?" asked Bianca's mother.

Bianca, however, stayed quiet and nodded her head. She couldn't dare speak a word, due to her extreme jittery feeling. But yet, she kept looking forward to her new year at school.

"I'm fine, really," she said, "I'm just nervous. I just don't want anything to end up like what happened when I was in middle school."

Her mother then patted Bianca's shoulder. She remembered what had happened during her school days at the Seoul International Junior High (or SIJH). It was quite traumatic and horrific, even for her to think about. And she felt bad about how egregiously Bianca was treated after she supposedly broke a few of the school rules.

"Don't worry, my darling," she said, "If anything happens, just let me know and we can work something out. I'm sure this school will be much better."

Bianca nodded and let the drive continue to pour out her thoughts. She then had a sudden thought about Kim Taehyung from the famous pop group BTS. Her mother thought of them as infinite role models for any of their fans that they inspire. Bianca would never tell anyone how much she actually adored them.

One day I will, she thought.

Both Mother and Daughter arrived at the most prestigious, and lively school (hopefully) Independence Academy. Th

Please log in to read the full chapter