The past

Love has gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                          Flashback

The Countess spoke into her baby's mind the same way she had been doing since her husband attacked her:

" Byul-YI, mommy can't keep you alive in this frozen lake anymore. My strength is about to end. But don't you worry. Friends will take care of you until your uncle can find you. I love you very much. Survive and be a strong queen." 

A pack of ten wolves stepped on the frozen lake and walked in circles in the same area until it cracked.

The one-year-old girl was pushed out of the water by an invisible power and the animals seemed to know what to do.

After the leader howled to the moon, a female wolf lay on the ice and made eye contact with the kid.

Byul-YI seemed to understand the gigantic animal and grabbed its fur after sitting on it.

The pack moved carefully and at a slower pace to protect the tiny human.

They took her to a cave and another female wolf, which was feeding two cubs, released a sound of invitation.

From that night on, three wolves would take turns feeding the child.

Byul-YI could understand each one of the members of the pack. And they taught her how to survive in the forest.

When the silver-haired girl was three, the pack leader made her taste meat.

The little human learned to hunt with the group and to behave like one of them.

Byul-YI could still feel her mother and she was told in a dream that her uncle was looking for her. 

When the child turned 7, her mother's brother finally tracked the pack and found the girl.

He hugged her and promised he would protect her with his bare hands.

The heiress rubbed the wolves's fur affectionately and glued her forehead on the leader's head.

She only let the uncle carry her away after hugging and caressing each one of the animals.

To the male's astonishment, the child could speak properly.

Byul-YI said:

__ Mom said you would come. She sent me my first family when I was 1. And warned me you were looking for me when I was 3.

__ I'm sorry it took me so long. To be honest, I didn't know if I could trust my dreams or if I was losing my mind. But now I am curious. How did you learn our language if you were raised by wolves?

Shrugging, the 7-year-old murmured:

__ Mom always spoke with me. Since I was inside her belly. I guess I learned by listening to her.

Even more surprised, the nobleman questioned:

__ Does she still talk to you?

Sad, the child murmured:

__ Rarely. She told me her presence on Earth is only attached to me now. Most of her light is gone. So it's hard for her to communicate.

The man cupped the child's face in his big hands and declared:

__ Unfortunately, we can't bring her back. Let's support each other as the family we are. Maybe you're too young to understand, but I love you as much as I loved her. You're my sister's legacy. And I'm proud of the fighter you are.

Tearing up, the small girl asked:

__ Can I still see my forest family sometimes? I respect and love y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter