Surprise! (Donghae ♥ Camille)

이제는 널 Shot! One Shots! ;; Status: Open and Accepting Requests

Surprise!

By -the-badguy-or-hero-

Requested by prettyangel25

A girl walked with poise and stature into the park to meet her boyfriend. After spotting the right place where they agreed to meet, she sat down on one of the nearby benches and waited.

This is Camille. Average height, slim and simply beautiful. Today, she's dolled up in her best sapphire blue dress with a white belt around her waist which went down until just above her knees, matched up with complimenting heels and a light blue bow on her medium-length dark brown hair. With her natural beauty, she didn't need any make-up at all.

Why the get-up, you ask? Well, today is a special day for her and she hopes it'll be one of those days she'll remember forever. She told no one of it, though. She never does every year because she wanted to see who would remember. Surely, he would remember.

After a few more minutes of waiting and looking around, finally a familiar figure appears walking to her direction from a distance. As he drew closer, she could see a grin slowly forming on his handsome face. Wearing a plain striped shirt that hugged his strong build, a light brown knee-length shorts and Nike shoes, he, too, walked with confidence. He sat down next to Camille, his grin never fading, then hugged her close.

"I missed you." He cooed and squeezed his hold around her just a bit. Camille smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I missed you, too, Donghae oppa." Camille smiled wider while catching a glimpse of Donghae smiling. He pulled away to scan Camille top to bottom, a playful puzzled look on his face.

"Is there any occasion I'm missing?" Donghae questioned, tilting his head to the side.

Camille, thinking he was just joking around since it was his nature, giggled and said, "Don't you remember what today is, oppa?" Camille smiled. Donghae thought for a moment then shook his head.

"Aniyo. I don't remember..."

"Eh? I know you're joking." Camille giggled but Donghae was not laughing with her. "Bwo?? You really don't remember?" Camille started to get angry. How could her own boyfriend not remember?!

"Is it our anniversary? Our anniversary's in another month, isn't it?" He said. "Or have I lost track of the days again?"

Camille stood up abruptly, stomping her foot. "I can't believe you! How could you not remember your own girlfriend's birthday?!" Donghae's eyes widen at this and he tried to pull his girlfriend to sit back down. Camille, though, refused to budge.

"O-Oh. It's your birthday?" Donghae scratched the back of his head and grinned sheepishly. "Umm... H-Happy birthday...?"

Camille rolled her eyes and looked away. "I am SO not talking to you." Then she stormed off, leaving Donghae to his own on the park bench.

"Y-Yah! I said 'Happy birthday', didn't I?! Aish!"

-----

"Come on, baby! Talk to me!" Donghae whined, following behind Camille and Sungmin. Camille looked around then to Sungmin, one of her and Donghae's friends.

"Sungminnie-yah. Do you hear something?" She said, pretending Donghae wasn't tailing behind them on the way to the ice cream shop.

Sungmin is one of those little scout kind of guys. He's charming and a little shy at times but he has an intelligent and masculine side to him as well. No problem can be in solved when it comes to Sungmin! Except maybe when he's dealing with anything cute and pink.

"Hear something? Like what, a buzzing noise?" Sungmin played along, smiling warmly at Camille. She nodded then looked around again.

"It's so annoying. I've been hearing it ever since I went over at your apartment." Camille pouted. Donghae, on the other hand, frowned.

"You can definitely hear me, Camille baby. Come on! Please! Talk to me!" Donghae ran ahead then knelt down on his knees in front of Camille, his hands clasped together and head bowed down low. "I'm begging you!"

Camille and Sungmin walked around him, talking to themselves about the latest trend of gadgets and what they wanted to replace their old ones. Donghae quickly ran up ahead of them again then started to dance, showing his favorite moves and also what Camille always liked to see him do.

"I know, huff, you like to, huff, see, huff, you're favorite moves, huff, of mine, huff, baby." Donghae said in between breaths as he danced. Camille looked unamused and both her and Sungmin walked past him again. Donghae ran to catch up behind them.

"What do you want me to do, Camille baby? I'll do anything for you! I'm really sorryyyyy!" Donghae whined some more. Sungmin looked behind him to Donghae.

“You should have reminded yourself of her birthday. She wouldn't be ignoring you then if only you remembered." Sungmin said.

"Whoever are you talking to, Minnie oppa?" Camille blinked innocently at Sungmin, but inside she was laughing hysterically. She was having the best time of her life. Who knew revenge could be so sweet?

“Camille baby!” Donghae whined again.

-----

“Can we please talk, Camille?” Donghae said and his tone was serious this time, not the usual whiney tone. Camille whirled around and looked at him straight in the eye.

“Go on your knees! Go on your knees and beg!” Camille ordered sternly, pointing down to the floor. Donghae just stared at her.

“You want me to what?”

“You want me to forgive you? No? Fine by me.” With this, Camille started to walk away again, a smirk starting to form on her beautiful face, but Donghae stopped her, grabbing onto her arm and pulling her in place.

“Let me go, Fishy.”

“You want me to go on my knees?” Donghae asked.

Camille looked at him then nodded. “Yes. Go on your knees and beg.” By then, Camille already had her arm free and she crossed it over her chest, tapping her shoe lightly on the floor beneath her. “I’m waiting.” She smiled.

Donghae knelt down on one knee and took out what seemed like a blue velvet box. He held it out to Camille, opening it to reveal a sparkling diamond ring. Camille couldn’t believe her eyes; it was the most wonderful thing she’s ever seen in her life and here it was, right in Donghae’s hands, about to be given to her.

“No way… Are you serious?” Camille said in shock. Donghae smiled in response.

“Camille, I’ve loved you for so long and I want this to happen. Our memories together are just amazing and I want more of it to come. Would you go on an epic journey through life with me? Will you enter deeper into my fishy life? Will you marry me, Camille?” At this point, Camille screamed in delight and hugged Donghae impossibly close, squeezing him so tight that he almost couldn’t breathe.

“Yes yes yes!” Camille squealed. Donghae smiled wider, stood up and slid the ring on Camille’s finger. “I love you, Donghae!” Camille squealed again, hugging him once more, which Donghae hugged back in return. He kissed her cheek and whispers before snickering.

“Fooled you. This is just a birthday present, baby. Keke, surprise!”