Myungsoo ∞ Erin | The Madness Of Two

이제는 널 Shot! One Shots! ;; Status: Open and Accepting Requests

Folie à Deux – The Madness of Two

By Clueless for Falling Arrows *whispers* Hope you like it~ ouo

 

It will devour the earth and its harvests and set afire the foundations of the mountains.”  Professor Lee’s voice echoed through the Lecture Theatre, his voice a low drone. Myungsoo found himself falling in and out of concentration as his eyes slowly drooped.  His breath came to a slow pace as he fell into a dreamless sleep.

~ ~

A sweet smell tickled Myungsoo’s nose, the scent of apple and cinnamon. His eyes began to flutter open and when he opened them he was greeted by the sight of chocolate brown eyes staring deeply into his own.  “So beautiful.” he whispered.

A musical sound rang out through the theatre as the woman in front of him giggled. She had golden sun kissed hair and milky white skin. Her chocolaty eyes peered out from thick curly eyelashes, twinkling mischievously as an impish smile danced across her face. 

“Why thank you” she beamed “You’re not so bad yourself.” she held out a delicate hand and eyed Myungsoo kindly, “The name’s Erin. Nice to meet you… “ She trailed off, waiting for Myungsoo’s reply.  They stared at one another for a few minutes before Erin coughed loudly, eying Myungsoo quizzically as she said, “Um, Hello? Anyone home?”  

At this Myungsoo snapped out of his daze, her spell over him for the meantime ended. He stood up abruptly and picked up his books, knocking past her outstretched hand, “Mmh? I’m Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo.”  He looked as if he was going to say something but then thought better of it, “Look” he sighed, “I have…things I need to do.”

Erin raised an eyebrow questioningly as Myungsoo avoided her fierce gaze, “Things? Yeah, sure. See you around.” She giggled, amused by Myungsoo’s curt replies. 

With a brief glance back at Erin’s smiling face and almost mockingly seductive smile Myungsoo sauntered out of the Lecture Theatre, his face blank.

Dugeun, dugeun, dugeun

Myungsoo clutched at his heart, trying to understand the way he was feeling. He felt like the world had suddenly become bright, like the piece of him that he never knew was missing had been found.  He slowly made his way home, his heart pounding in his ears. He felt alive.  

~~

A piercing shriek rang out. A scrawny pale hand grasped for unprotected flesh and a life ceased to be.

Dugeun, dugeun, dugeun. He fought with all his might against the oncoming darkness, becoming weaker and weaker with every passing second. His strength was waning; his internal light fading but then he saw it. He saw her. Hers lips dark, the colour of blood and her eyes a dark chocolate. He smiled a broken smile; there was no need to fight anymore.

Myungsoo awoke in a cold sweat, a dull smile on his face. He tossed and turned in bed until he could stand it no longer. He kicked off his blankets and looked at the time, *3:00AM. He shook his head knowing there was no way he’d be able to go back to sleep and that it was too early for him to do anything other than rested his head back on his pillow.  He stared at the ceiling listening to his heartbeat, hoping time would pass him by. 

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep. Myungsoo’s alarm went off, but he was already long gone.

Myungsoo strode down the hallways with purpose. He wanted to talk to her. No, he needed to talk, he needed to see her. There she stood. Erin turned around the moment Myungsoo laid eyes on her, a knowing grin on her face. As she walked towards Myungsoo with confidence oozing from her very being it seemed as if every trace of the Kim Myungsoo the world knew had disappeared. 

He became slack jawed and a hopeless wanting shone in his eyes as he stammered, “H-hey E-rin, I’m not s-sure if you remember me…but I’d really like to be friends.”

Erin eyed Myungsoo indifferently and his heart sunk then suddenly their faces were only inches apart.

“What if I said I wanted to be more than friends?” Erin whispered, her eyes glittering dangerously.

Myungsoo smiled and regained his composure. He took Erin’s hand and kissed her forehead, “Mine.” He cooed.

 

They spent the entire day at each other’s side with their hands in the other’s back pockets.

“Oppa!” Erin said cutely, “Let’s go on a date.”

At this Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and Erin raised one in return asking, “What’s wrong? Can’t a girl act cute from time to time?”

The pair stared deeply into each other’s eyes for several minutes before bursting out into laughter. They walked down the hallway laughing madly, leaving passers-by gawking unabashedly at them and entered the on campus café. Sitting at the tables in the front they watched people go by.

“Can I take your order?” asked a waiter with jet black hair. Myungsoo eyed the waiter warily as Erin turn to him and said, “Mmh, ne. Can I get a Vanilla Chai Latte and a Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffin?”

Turning his back towards Myungsoo the waiter began to flirt brazenly with Erin, “Anything else sweetheart?”

Erin looked up at him and gagged, grabbing Myungsoo by the hand and dragging him along Erin stormed off.

“WOAH WOAH WOAH, Chill babe” chuckled an amused Myungsoo. Erin whirled around and glared at him, “Chill? CHILL? You want me to chill? KISS ME!”

Myungsoo and Erin embraced one another in a fever of affection. Their bodies crushed together and it seemed like they were one entity. They had stumbled down the street bodies entwined and fingers interlocked like some kind of creature from the abyss. Shocked gasps and silent whispers escaped from the mouths of all that they passed and eyes widened with disbelief.  Two bodies became one and a dual mind was born. It was a sight to behold, a sight that would be burnt forever more into the memories of all that came to see it. They were, no it was a white mass of withering flesh. It reached out to all it passed, grabbing with callous hands and ruthless abandon; a cold burning hate in its eyes.  A guttural hiss fell from its misshapen mouth; it seemed to drip with malice.

Screams echoed through the street as people scrambled to get away. They ran, scattering like ants to seek haven from this devourer of worlds, devourer of the pure. 

Cham, Cham, Cham, Cham, Cha-kkkk, Kkaaaaaaaaak

Myungsoo awoke with a start and turned towards his girlfriend, shooting daggars with his eyes.

“My God Erin, what are you eating? Nuts and Bolts? “ He seethed.

“Who? Me? I was eating popcorn until I started choking.” Erin paused and looked Myungsoo up and down, “Yeah and I’m fine. Thanks for asking” she clucked.

Myungsoo was at a loss, “Uh, Wha- You, Are you alright?”

Erin stared at Myungsoo for a few seconds before standing up and packing her things. She stormed off, “Hmph too late.”

Myungsoo gave an exasperated sigh before running after her, “No, wait Erin!”

“Yeeeees?” she drawled, blinking innocently.

“Yah, No fair. I thought you were mad” exclaimed Myungsoo a twitch in his eye.

Erin feigned surprise as she said, “Me? Mad? Why would I be?”

“Because I-

Cutting Myungsoo off, Erin put a finger on his lips, “Oppa, Saranghae!”

“Tch..Ne, Nado Saranghae”

“Haha good.” Chuckled Erin as she skipped away

Myungsoo watched his girlfriend skipping away gleefully, thinking , “Erin, You make me crazy”

  ~~
Ohkays! So..I don't know what just happened..but hopefully someone does OTL