Forbidden Love (Sunggyu ♥ Eve)

이제는 널 Shot! One Shots! ;; Status: Open and Accepting Requests

Forbidden Love

By Clueless and Forever-Beast

Requested by -Eevee-

 

Drip drop drip drop drip drop

The rain beat a steady drum on the building tops. Tiny raindrops fell and raced down the window panes, while the wind whistled a sad tune. Standing atop a skyscraper was a lone figure. There she stood cloaked in the darkness, watching the sleeping world before her.

Time ticked by as she waited anxiously. It was what the humans called the Devil’s Hour and it was only a matter of time until all hell broke loose. She felt a hand grip her shoulder, her heart skipping a beat.

“Well, What do we have here?” cooed an familiar male’s voice. The girl; Eve narrowed her eyes and turned, swinging her arm at her unexpected companion.

“AHHH! Freak! Stalker! Byuntae, you shouldn’t even be here! Go away,” she hissed.

Her companion let out an exasperated sigh opening his arms for a hug, saying in a mocking tone, “Aww, why so cold? You’ll make me cry.”

Eve took a step forwards, closing the gap between them.

“Yah, If you don’t go away right now, I’ll do more than make you cry,” she warned eyeing the man in front of her.

“Is that a promise?” he replied winking as a smirk began to form on his lips.

“Ew, Sunggyu go away,” Eve said as she shook her head looked towards the sky. “I’m busy.”

“Yah! Is that how you should treat your elders?” he scoffed, messing up her hair.

She pushed his hand away from her and glared at him, saying, “You’re no longer an elder to us. You’re scum. No, you’re even lower than scum. So don’t come preaching t-”

Sunggyu put a hand on her lips, silencing her, “Shh, SHHHHH.” He smiled at her adoringly. “Shh love, I think I hea-” he continued to say before letting out a shrill yelp. “The hell? Did you just bite me?”

Eve rolled her eyes, a small smile played upon her lips. She turned away abruptly and began walking in the opposite direction, much to Sunggyu’s annoyance.

She was but ten metres away when a flurry of darkness descended upon her. A tight grip ensnared  her shoulder and pulled her back.

“Where do you think you’re going, cutie?” purred a man with angry eyebrows with a smirk.

“Yah, Hoya hyung! Save some for me!” said another who seemed too young to be in the group.

“Get your dirty paws off of me,” Eve sneered angrily.

“I think she’s a feisty one. I like that in a woman,” one of them whispered into her ear, as he walked toward her. She could feel his breath down her neck, making her shiver unintentionally.

Eve narrowed her eyes and took a cautious step back, stumbling into the arms of another who seemed to be one of the taller ones.

She let out a shocked cry as she felt arms encircle and tighten around her waist.  The pungent smell of misery and death filled her nostrils as someone rested their chin upon her shoulder.  

“Myungsoo ah, hold her for her will you?” one of them asked as he approached her, receiving a nod as a response.

Eve gritted her teeth as the one called Hoya roughly tilted her chin upwards, forcing her to look into his dark globes. His lips parted into a mocking sneer and he leaned in, capturing her lips with his own.  

Eve struggled with all her might, “NO” she screamed mentally, she could feel her consciousness slowly fading, fading into darkness. She casted one final look, a plea to Sunggyu before the world faded to black.


~~


“That’s enough!” Sunggyu commanded, taking Eve’s hand, pulling her out of the grasp of the others and into his arms.

The others chuckled at their leader’s seriousness, preparing to leave, except for one.

“Okay Boss. Whatever you say, Boss,” Myungsoo mocked as he glared at Sunggyu.

One of the other boys noticed that Myungsoo stayed behind and walked up to him, holding him by the throat.

“Did you just dare mock Sunggyu?” he hissed. He was fine with the others toying around with the girl but he could not stand anyone looking down on their leader, his leader.  

He chucked, putting his hands up in defense. “Woah, woah. Calm down Woohyun, I was just joking around. No need to get your knickers in a knot,” he said in a condescending tone and a smirk on his face.

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo with a blank expression before looking back at Woohyun.

“It’s okay, you can let go of him. Go back to the base, I’ll be there soon,” he said with a gentle smile on his face.

Woohyun slowly loosened his grip around the other’s neck, allowing for Myungsoo to break out of it.

He then grabbed Woohyun’s shirt, glaring at him and threatened, “You just wait...” before he walked off, joining the others.

“Good luck boss,” Woohyun then said as he bowed. He then winked at Sunggyu before turning around and joining the others.

“Thanks Woohyun ah...” he muttered softly in an apologetic tone.

 

~~

“Eve?” a voice called out desperately.

She could feel someone shaking her, an all consuming need. But she didn’t want to wake up, not yet.

The sky was a sweet shade of blue and the sun, strikingly bright. It was the kind of day that just warms one’s soul. Though even if it weren’t so perfect Eve would’ve been happy anyway.
Why?
Because he was by her side. Her friend, her lover, her strength.


“Sunggyu,” a light sigh escaped her lips as she was pulled back into reality.

“Eve. Oh, God. I thought I’d lost you... again,” he whispered as he pulled her into her arms.

“Lost me... again?” For a short time her eyes fluttered with confusion, that is until it all came rushing back to her.

Darkness. It’s cold. So very cold. I can feel them; their hands. It hurts. It hurts. Why won’t they stop? Why won’t anyone stop them? They look down on me, like I’m dirt.  But, it’s not true. You know it’s not true, right? Where are you?
Why can’t you save me? Why won’t you save me?   
Did I do something wrong?
Sunggyu please. Hold me.


“Let go of me!” she hissed angrily, pushing him away.

Sunggyu’s face fell as he pleaded desperately, “Eve. Wait, please.”  

He reached out with a shaky hand but Eve stepped back quickly as if he’d tried to burn her.

“No.”


“Eve.”

“No.”

“Please.”

It was the final straw before she was going to hurt him, “No, don’t tell me to wait. You have no right to.”

Sunggyu opened his mouth to speak but soon closed it, Eve’s anger shutting his mouth for him.

“I waited. I waited for you. But you never came when I needed you... when I needed you the most...” By then Eve’s voice was but a whisper, tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to fall at any moment, trying to rid herself of those emotions.


But she couldn’t, instead much to her annoyance the tears flowed from her eyes.

Sunggyu looked at Eve, his face abashed. It pained him so to meet her eyes and to see the sorrow she had hidden under her façade.   

“You never came.”  


“You don’t understand... I did this for you,” he tried to explain.

“You did this for me? You put me into a world of loneliness for me? You left me alone with those angels... those demons I should say. I hated every moment of my life ever since you left me...” she emphasised with anger.

“If I didn’t, they would’ve killed you... They would’ve taken you away from me forever...” he then tried to reason with her.

“It would’ve been better if they did,” she scoffed at him.

He looked at her for a moment, brushing her hair behind her ear. “I’m sorry... I’m so sorry...” he said with regret, holding her in his arms once again. “I didn’t wish to leave you, I really didn’t but if I didn’t give my powers to you, they would’ve killed you for being involved with me.”

She kept quiet for a moment, taking the information in, realising what he had just said. “Give your powers to me...?” she questioned.

“Remember how I said that I would let you become an angel with me?” he asked and chuckled weakly.

She nodded, letting him continue his explanation.

“Well, that’s not possible. It’s only possible for me to give you my abilities and for me to become a ‘Fallen Angel’. You see, either way, we are not meant to be...” he continued explaining.

She pushed him away once again, looking down, deep in thought.

“Well, if you could rid yourself of your angel abilities and become a fallen angel, so can I,” she said in a determined tone.

“No, you can’t! You saw how the other guys were... It’s dangerous.”

“But it’s worth it if I get to be with you...” she then said, smiling gently at him. “Maybe all that waiting is finally going to pay off.”

She wrapped her arms around him and then apologised. “I’m sorry for letting out my anger at you...”

“No, you had every right to. But you have to apologise for crying~” he then teased, giving her a mehrong. “I don’t ever want to see you cry ever again.”

“Yah, it’s your fault for making me cry in the first place!” she defended, wiping away her tears with her sleeves.

He held her wrists, moving them so that he could see her face. “I’m never going to leave you alone again,” he stated, gazing deeply into her eyes before smiling gently.

She laughed and pulled him in closer to her, placing her lips on his. “I won’t let you leave me again,” she asserted.

“I like the sound of that,” he purred, pulling her close, his lips meeting hers once again.