chapter 04

Hearts at Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The office is infused with the gentle sweetness of syrup, waking Baekhyun up from his sleep. He appreciates the successful couple of hours that he managed to catch. It was much needed it to get his thoughts and emotions on the right track again.

Minseok prepares the pancakes he bought on the table, waiting for Baekhyun to be fully awake. He decides to make an impromptu visit to Baekhyun's workplace early in the morning to hear more about his progress with Taeyeon.

When he learnt from Baekhyun's secretary that their dear CEO had spent the night in the office, he knew immediately nothing good came out from the couple.

"Why are you here again?" Baekhyun slurs his words groggily with that husky morning voice of his.

"Why don't you try to talk to Taeyeon in this voice? I think she might melt," Minseok teases.

Baekhyun is already more than annoyed and stressed out about his strained relationship with Taeyeon. However, Minseok, who he'd thought is his supportive friend, is spouting a ton of nonsense at only eight in the morning.

Without bothering to ask for permission, Baekhyun grabs a bite of the pancake and he rolls his eyes at him. If only, if only my voice can melt her.

"So, what now?"

"I'm not going to do anything."

 

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 

Part of Baekhyun slams the door shut to irritate Taeyeon for no absolute reason despite her reminders not to on every other day. Also, he wants to vent his anger on that poor object.

Baffled by the lack of shouts from her, the daunting thoughts about her in danger arise again. When his ears pick up the sizzling sound which seems like its source is the kitchen, his legs instantly take flight.

This time, his worries aren't wrong. She is indeed in danger. The white liquid and bubbles are oozing out of the pot vigorously, but there she is – standing at her stance, zoning out.

"Taeyeon! The milk!" He calls out, hastily taking the cloth to clean up the over-spilled milk from the boiling pot.

That immediately snaps Taeyeon out of her trance. She is apologising profusely, trying to take o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter