chapter 02

Hearts at Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The greatest mystery in history is Baekhyun coming on board with Taeyeon's plan, and is willing to take action too. Neither can she believe the person who agreed is an owner of his own company.

She questions herself countless of times why and how in the world they decide to trust each other, who are strangers, to tie the knot.

She has come to a conclusion that since Byun Baekhyun owns a pretty established company, he wouldn't taint his own reputation by doing dumb stuff in his personal life (she is perhaps his only exception, she assumes).

From her self-funded research and findings, she gathers that he can be considered a public figure since he has done short magazine interviews here and there occasionally.

To make things better for herself, there are no negative news about him and his company except the recurring one that says "the boss is too strict".

The next few weeks are hence really hectic for them both. They wedding has to be held before her baby bump starts showing in order to keep this tangled mess a secret.

Taeyeon visits his office almost every day to plan for their wedding because he said she was the one that pulled him into this. How gentlemanly! She hated it, but she still wants this to be the perfect wedding she dreamt of.

 

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 

Today is the day they have to take their wedding photos. As usual, their mother arrived at the studio before them, browsing through the wide variety of wedding gowns and tuxedos, and admiring those their children had already picked out beforehand.

Taeyeon has always wanted an outdoor wedding photoshoot. Unfortunately, due to the conflicts in their schedules and circumstances, they can only do a studio one.

The moment Baekhyun and Taeyeon step into the studio, they are pushed straight into the makeup room to get their face done and change into the wedding outfits.

The ease of changing into a tuxedo allows him to step out first. He is in the usual tuxedo look – black and white from head to toe. The only exception is, he decides to leave out the bow tie. He will keep it for the actual wedding.

The two older ladies are swooning over how dashing he looks. A shy smile blossoms on his lips and a gentle blush graces his cheek.

Whereas, for Taeyeon, the process of putting on the gown is nowhere near thankful. The assistance from the staff made life easier for her. She stands on the platform nervously as the staff pull open the curtains, revealing her to the eager figures waiting outside.

She is in a white strapless gown that accentuates her well-defined collar bones. The bodice of the gown is laced with apple white and mint green vines with some sprinkles of pink petals.

Her blush sears through her rosy cheeks that already had blusher applied on. The corners of her lips lift tentatively in response to the compliments bestowed upon her. She looks down shyly as she has never experience endless words of praises for looking this gorgeous.

The couple's eyes dart around nervously the moment they unintentionally make eye contact with each other. The air seems to shimmer with a quiet tension, indicating an unspoken understanding.

She's so elegant. Her beauty is really out of this world.

He's an idiot, but I cannot deny the fact that he's actually really handsome.

The voice of the photographer breaks their train of thoughts. The staff proceed to lead them to the studio to have their photos taken. And of course, Baekhyun isn't helping Taeyeon with the train of her gown.

As they stand before the bright studio lights, commencing on their main character moments, he whispers, "I can't believe you are so..."

She holds her breath, deep down, anticipating something positive rolling out his mouth.

"Ugly." He completes his sentence.

The dumbest award should go to her. How in the world did I expect good things from him?

"Your face belongs in the trash," she counters.

Their banter is fortunately interrupted when the photographer urges them to stand even closer to close up even the tiniest gap between them. They also have to be more intimate with each other, like what soon-to-be married couples ought to do.

A heavy silence drapes over them along with an uneasy tension that only the two young adults can feel. Their mothers are not improving the situation at all with their nagging.

"Let's get this done and over with."

They force themselves to get into all the intimate poses that everybody wishes to see.

They miraculously manage to pose naturally according to the photographer's instructions. If the truth of their marriage is not revealed, no one would have realised they are a product of a forced marriage.

Things are going great, they thought. Until the photographer has to mention the pose they dread the most.

"We will move on to the kisses."

"Kill me now," Taeyeon mutters softly to Baekhyun.

"You think I want to kiss your disgusting lips?"

"Not like you never kiss it before, ," Taeyeon hisses. They are stuck in this situation right now only because they kissed a little too excessively on that fateful night.

Without any warning, Baekhyun swiftly presses a light kiss onto her lips, earning soft giggles from the two ladies watching them.

In contrast to the kisses the shared on the fateful night, the sensation of this gentle meeting of their lips now is akin to a soft breeze caressing the skin. It leaves behind tenderness and sweetness, an unspoken connection between the two.

Not that the both of them will admit how they actually enjoy it.

Taeyeon though, is certainly unprepared for it. She is highly positive she appeared absolutely hideous. She paid her fair share of money for this. Having no choice, she can only comply to whatever Baekhyun is doing.

Everybody is satisfied with how the photos turned out, except for Taeyeon and Baekhyun who are utterly annoyed that they are partners for the photoshoot. It's ironic, but that's the brutal truth.

The older ladies invite them to tag along for lunch, which dampen their moods. However eating with them means they do not have to fork out any cent even though they have the ability to.

 

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 

It is finally the day of the wedding and it is driving the both of them nuts. Only their closest friends are aware of the truth behind this wedding. It isn't a good thing. It is a torture, a pain in their neck. For the whole day, they are getting teased and laughed at.

Baekhyun's friends are going on and on about how gorgeous Taeyeon looks. No one can hate a beauty like her. Stop lying to yourself.

But at least he agreed with your plan and agreed to take the responsibility. Taeyeon's friends tell her repeatedly, suggesting that she drops the hate for him since she was the one that convinced him to get married. Not even the slightest chance.

Regardless of how much bad feelings and hatred are boiling within the couple, the wedding takes place smoothly and everybody is showering them with their blessings.

Most importantly, their families are the most ecstatic about this. Their precious children are finally married! Only God knows how long the elders have been waiting for this day.

 

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 

After the wedding, Taeyeon shifts into Baekhyun's apartment. They have to live together permanently for an indefinite amount of time, until maybe one of them decides to bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter