chapter 14

last sorrows

Dinner was just as I expected. Interesting. Yuri has something that made people like her. Me included. Throughout dinner she kept talking about everything and anything under the sun. for example her being a photographer despite her parents wanting her to be a doctor or a lawyer. She likes being carefree and being a photographer allows her to do that. Going anywhere in the world she wants meeting new people experiencing new stuff. A company did offer her a full time job and I must say the sum they were paying her is very impressive but she turned them down.

 

"Ok ms Hwang enough about me. What about you? I have been talking all throughout dinner and you know most of my secrets. Anything you would like to share?" Yuri asked with

 

Currently we were walking in a park near by the Thai restaurant eating ice cream and having a good laugh. I haven't felt so carefree in a long time.

 

"Well there's nothing much about me." I glanced at her sideways. And saw her smiling down at me

 

"Hmm for starters tell me about high school or your job. Anything. Something to trade for telling you almost all of my life." she nudged me with her elbow

 

"Okay well high school was a pain in the . I met Jessie there. Both of us were in the same course but I was definitely better. We clicked the moment we met. She being this cold person and me being this talkative one. But anyway we got through high school together. And on the final year, I was interning at SM fashion. Mr Clarks my boss really helped me a lot. He was putting me up for so many promotions and here I am three years later head designer for SM fashion." I said with little pauses in between. Hoping she would not bring up Taeyeon so soon.

 

"That's brilliant! Now what does head designer do?" she looked at me with question marks all over her face"

 

"That's for me to know and for you to find out" I merong and grinned at her

 

She started to frown and pout and it was kind of adorable.

 

"Okay you look ugly now." I giggled at her expression.

 

"I do not! I'm the definition of goddess. No one can beat me" Yuri pointed to herself and spun around like a princess

 

"No a goddess in my definition is Adriana Lima. Now she's a goddess." I laughed at her. She looked like a five year old doing that

 

"Okay I look like Adriana Lima!" she grinned at me

 

"No you don't." I argued back

 

"Yes I do! And I can even catwalk like her." she started to do this really awkward walk pretending she was strutting down the runway and turned back to me

 

"so how did I do? Ms head designer." she called out

 

"Well if you were to audition please do not say you know me because it would be embarrassing if people found out I'm friends with Adriana Wannabe" I chuckled as I walked towards her

 

"Aw come on I know I'm as good as her" Yuri whined and pouted as I stood beside her.

 

"You wish" was the only reply as my phone rang.

 

"Hello. Tiffany Hwang Speaking" Tim one of the designers on my current team.

 

….

 

"Well I suppose that would be fine. Let's call a meeting tomorrow morning and talk

about it more with the team."

 

I mouthed Yuri a sorry as we continued walking. This time to the direction of my car.

 

"Yes well goodnight Tim see you in the morning"

 

"Well what was that about" Yuri asked as soon as I hung up

 

"That was Tim one of the many designers who has been trying to shine like a star." I said as I texted Sulli about the unexpected schedule.

 

"And that was a call saying I have to get back to finalize my designs before tomorrow's unexpected meeting" I said as I shut my phone.

 

"Well then princess your castle awaits your arrival" Yuri made a sweeping gesture as we reached my car.

 

"Come on I'll drop you off at your place first." I told her as I got into the driver's sit.

 

"That would be fine Ms Hwang. I'm going to roam the streets first take some artistic shots before I head back"

 

I did not notice that Yuri had her camera in the passenger sit.

 

"Well okay then. But text me when you get back alright?"

 

"Yes your highness" she bowed to me and waved as I drove off.

 

--------------------------

Hello my lovey readers

 

yes i updated again. i don't know where i got all this creativity from updating three days in a row. maybe i got inspired here in Buan or maybe its because i had so much time to think about how i wanted to continue this story before i dive head in with people in suits. either way comment, subscribe and upvote!

 

yours truely, 

Kaylac