stupid ing demon magic

hey, soul sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door swings open, a huff of annoyance following.

"Unnie, are you lactating?" Yeri asks the moment the door closes behind Wendy, her eyes trained on the damp spots trailing down her top.

The Canadian jumps in place, suprised and whips her head to find the owner of the voice in the corner. Vaguely, she hears the bathroom door lock and goes to the sink to clean herself up.

"Huh?" She follows Yeri's questioning gaze to her chest and shakes her head. "No it's--" Wendy scoffs and rips the dead bird out of her s with a huff, holding it expectantly in her hand before Yeri. "A dead bird. Really?" 

Yeri shrugs, sidling up to the counter beside her. "I didn't tell you to put it in your , man. You could've just tossed it."

"Oh wow. You know what, why didn't I think of that? Kim Yerim-ah that is genius! What a suggestion!" Her head shakes aggressively, hands following her large movments like a cartoon character. Then, in a single drop, she snarks, "I should really keep that in mind next time a dead bird drops in my lap." 

Yeri rolls her eyes. "I meant you could've hid it and asked me to clean it up," she explains and snaps her fingers. Seungwan jumps slightly out of her skin when her hand becomes empty--the bird and all its blood--gone as if never there. "Voila."

Stupid demon magic, Seungwan thinks. 

"So I did all that for nothing."

"Yup," the demon chirps and clasps her hands behind her back cheekily. She really looks like a kid, Wendy thinks as she's very unsettled by the fact. An innocent looking kid with magical demon powers, that is truly terrifying. 

She turns the tap on. The water is cool on her hands; Wendy watches the way it slips in and out of her grasp. "What was so important anyway? I was in the middle of seducing Irene." She cups her palms, collecting the water and splashes her face a few times, relishing the relief of the sensation before turning it off and pulling back some damp stray strands of hair.

"You call that seducing?" Yeri whacks her shoulder in amusement. A bead of water lands in Wendy's eye and she groans, bringing a closed hand to rub at it. "Soul or not, you're such a loser, unnie." The demon ignores Wendy's indignant 'hey!' and says, "I think I really saved your . One more second and you'd have said something stupid that'd make Joohyun unnie get a restraining order or something."

"She wouldn't do that!" Wendy cries. "Would she..?"

Yeri levels her with an indecipherable look. 

"What is it?" Wendy asks, recalling the reason Yeri wanted to meet her in the first place. "What's wrong with my soul?" 

They're leaning against the counter now, Wendy grips the edge tightly in trepidation.

"It's..." Yeri regards the other's worried expression, eyebrows bent and furrowed deeply. 

Before she says another word, there's three loud thumps at the door. 

"Hey! Why's this locked?" A voice shouts from outside. "I saw someone come in here."

Wendy turns back to Yeri without a care. "What were you gonna say?"

"I hear you talking in there," the voice outside yells again, punctuated by another few bangs on the door. "I need to god dammit!"

Yeri glances back to the door, eyes darting between the expectant Wendy and the poor person outside. 

I hope they're not wearing white pants, Yeri thinks and settles her gaze on Seungwan.

"It's fine," she answers with a clipped tone.

"It is..?" Wendy's words end with another plea outside before the person groans and the disturbance stops. 

"...Yeah!" Yeri nods furiously. "For sure!"

If Park Sooyoung were here, she'd say something about how terrible an actress Yeri is.

"Okay... Then I guess I'll head back to Irene then," Wendy says, jutting her thumb over her shoulder. "Unless you want to tell me anything else..?"

She's so obvious, Seungwan thinks, and as the devil's right hand out of all demons!

"Nope!" 

Whatever, Wendy says to herself and turns on her heel. She decides to try Joy later, knowing that girl can't keep shut when it comes to her soul. What she doesn't know is why Yeri's lying about the state of her soul. It's very clear something of note is going on down in Hell to the point Yeri practically did everthing but expose herself in Irene's office just to (not) tell her about it.

Maybe she just missed me, Wendy thinks and quickly shakes it away in disbelief, why would I even think that?

She pushes the door, expecting it to open but it's evidently not, and she learns this the hard way with her nose-- banging against the door.

Yeri fails to muffle a laugh behind her and she cups her afflicted injury, shooting a glare at the demon. "Unlock it!"

 

***

As Joohyun waits for Seungwan to return, she finds herself lost in thought; enough so as to yearn for someone to unload it to. 

Seulgi's out--literally, she's probably been out like a light since she got home. 

Yeri had told her she was busy doing... Joohyun doesn't even know anymore.

("I have homework."

"You graduated ages ago."

"I mean university."

"Yeah. You graduated from that...Ages ago."

"Huh?"

"I bought you a car as a present."

"Oh. Wait, I thought that was just because you loved me...")

She s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter