what kind of bet?

hey, soul sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, Seungwan."

Jolting from her peaceful slumber, Wendy throws a pillow haphazardly across her room.

"Ow."

Rubbing her eyes of sleep, Wendy shrieks, "What the ! How'd you-- What are you-- What the , Sooyoung!"

The tall woman rolls her eyes and launches the pillow at Wendy's head. If Wendy were anyone else, she would've let the pillow decapitate her head. 

"Ow."

With a smug grin, Sooyoung joins Wendy by the side of her bed. "Karma, . That's what you get for attacking the king of hell."

Wendy scoffs, "It's been years and you're still playing this game?"

"Game? What game?"

("Wan-ah I gotta tell you something. But... I... I don't know how to say this..."

"What is it? Are you okay? You can tell me anything, you know."

"I'm the king of hell."

"...Oh, you got the part?"

"What? No. I'm actually like--you know--fire and brimstone, soul torturing, fallen angel, lucifer. And no I didn't get the part, Bae Joohyun got it."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"I'm not surprised, she's so scary sometimes."

"Not all the time..."

"You're just saying that because you have a big fat crush on her."

"....So...Are you the understudy, or something?"

"No, unnie, I'm actually the devil.")

Blinking away the memory, Sooyoung huffs and whacks Wendy's head with the back of her hand. 

"I wasn't playing around, dude!" She ignores the pout on Wendy's face and hits her shoulder. "How do you think I got in here without waking up your roommate? Joohyun would be able to hear me a mile away!"

Smiling briefly at the thought of the older girl's sensitive hearing, Wendy chuckles, "That's only because you're really loud." Sitting back on her palms and fixing her messed-up hair, Wendy checks her phone for the time. "It's 4AM, what the hell are you doing here?"

She turns back around to see the taller girl wringing her hands nervously, avoiding her gaze. 

"Sooyoung? Is everything okay?"

"I'm really sorry, unnie." 

Wendy tilts her head in confusion and places a comforting hand on her arm. "For what?"

There's a beat of silence where Sooyoung chews on her bottom lip, contemplating how to utter her words. They just seem to be chewing her own tongue out. Wendy sits there quietly. If there's one thing Wendy is, it's patient. Kind. A lovely soul, Sooyoung thinks.

Finally, the younger turns to Wendy and takes her smaller hands in hers. "Unnie, I'm here to collect your soul."

For the second time that night, a pillow launches at Park Sooyoung's head. Only this time, she doesn't entertain it and deflects it with a simple flick of her wrist.

She watches nervously as Wendy stares at the other side pillow that seems almost stuck to the wall. There's a small movement from Sooyoung's hand again and it launches back full-throttle at Wendy's face. She smirks at the surprised grunt as Wendy falls back onto the bed. "Believe me now?"

"What the ," Wendy's voice is muffled beneath the pillow but she's unable to move it at all. It's as heavy as a bag of bricks.

Sooyoung lets out a noncommital hum and pushes the pillow off her. "I'm sorry, but I need your soul."

Sitting up with her hands rubbing her temples, Wendy groans, "Can you give me a moment to process that one of my best friends is not who I thought she was?"

Sooyoung purses her lips, "I've been telling 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter