once more with feeling!

hey, soul sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey there, Doctor..." Wendy greets an intern as he comes in to check and record her vitals. Her eyes focus on the name embroided on his pocket. "Park Chanyeol."

The doctor eyes her in amusement, glancing at the machines before quickly scribbling something down on his chart. "You can just call me Doctor Park, Miss Son."

Wendy beams at him and sits up in her bed. "Then you can call me, Wendy, Doctor Park." She waits for Chanyeol to nod and slowly swings her legs over the side. "Come closer won't you?"

"S-Sorry?" Chanyeol tucks his clipboard in his armpit. He watches her take a step on the ground and slowly approaches. "What are you doing? You're staying for overnight observation, remember? Unless... Do you have amnesia, perhaps? Miss Son, tell me when you were born."

Wendy chuckles and grips his shoulder as she stands. "That's a question to answer on a second date," she smirks as he begins to realise the lack of distance between them now, "But I'd tell you my star sign on the first." She winks and almost laughs at how easy the guy blushes.

"I-I...Uh--" Chanyeol stammers, freezing in his spot and his clipboard falls out of the spot in his arm and he clambers on his knees to pick it up from the floor, hands shaking. 

"Doctor Park," Seungwan purrs, letting a hand dangle loosely around his arm, squeezing his bicep gently. "Do you know of a Doctor Bae, by any chance?"

"Uh--Y-Yeah I do!" Chanyeol makes the mistake of looking into Wendy's eyes and it's like he's in a trance--he doesn't look away and like a zombie, responds to all her demands.

All Wendy needs to do is bat her lashes, take a small step closer so he gets a strong whiff of her perfume, before he spills the beans.

"Thanks, Chanyeol!" She yells over her shoulder five minutes later as she closes the door to let the doctor recollect himself. She giggles at how easy men can be and struts confidently down the hall.

"First left, second right..." she mumbles under her breathe as she follows the instructions said by Chanyeol.

She lets out a delighted hum moments later when she's at the end of her search, standing before a door.

BAE JOOHYUN
HEAD OF CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY

Now, this wasn't Seungwan's first time coming to the hospital, or to Joohyun's office for that matter. But, for some reason Seungwan doesn't really care to wonder about, the Canadian couldn't recall the directions herself. 

Seungwan considers barging in, before she remembers the reason Joohyun left her earlier in the first place. She thinks back to Joy's words and realises she should've been more careful, more considerate with Joohyun. She needs her soul back, after all. And... Knowing the other girl has been in the same building as her while she was resting from a concussion and she didn't even want to visit her makes Seungwan determined to fix things quickly. Before it's too late.

So, the hand lodged around the doorknob raises and curls into a fist to knock instead. She knocks again after there is no response. Then again. Then again even louder. Another time with her palm so that it's almost like she's bashing it in. 

Once more with feeling!

And... Nothing.

She considers trying another time until she sees someone down the hall eyeing her strangely. 

There's some noise from the overhead speakers, announcing something but it fades into white noise along with the rest of the hospital sounds.

"Excuse me, are you lost Miss?" 

Wendy ignores the voice and impatiently knocks on Joohyun's door again. She tries the doorknob only to find it locked. "Irene, it's me. Come on!"

"Miss? Why don't we get you into bed, okay?" Seungwan glances at the same person, seeing a nurse and shakes her head at him. 

"You !" Wendy says, jerking his hand away from her. 

"What? I didn't mean it like--"

"Help! I'm a poor defenseless damsel in distress! Help me please!" She cries, "This guy's trying to get into my pants!" She waits a beat as she sees people entering the hallway, before slipping away as the nurse is distracted. 

Well that was easy, Seungwan thinks to herself. 

Seungwan finds herself in the cafeteria and sweeps across the place in search for an easy target.

Her eyes widen, locking her sights on a woman sitting alone.

"Hey there," she says and slides smoothly across the bench until their elbows touch. "Why's such a pretty girl like you sitting by her lonesome?"

The girl raises a brow at the line and lowers her sandwich from with an unimpressed frown.

Seungwan's smirk drops and she considers the expression on the other's face before sighing.

"Alright," Seungwan rests her head in her palm, elbow against the table. "My name's Wendy. What's yours?"

"Doctor." The woman makes a point of hiding her name on her coat behind her arm. 

Unperturbed, Seungwan grins, "So do people call you 'Doctor Doctor' or is that just something you hear in bed, safe with a couple moans, hm?"

A beat as they stare at each other, the hospital's announcements voicing again but Seungwan pays it no mind. 

"Wouldn't you like to know," is the woman's response and she lifts her arm to take a bite of her sandwich. Though the name is still covered, Seungwan spots her lanyard in her pocket.

An ID card, Seungwan realises. 

"I think my name would be nice to moan, as well," Wendy says casually, tapping her index on her chin in faux thought. "What do you say we see which one is better?" 

Twenty minutes later, Seungwan comes out of an on-call room, hair messy and clothes disheveled. She smirks to herself as she walks down the hall.

Finally, she stops at the entrance to the operation room corridor. The doors are locked, requiring identification to be swiped by an electronic scanner.

She looks around, to make sure nobody's sparing her a glance before sliding a hand into her cleavage; she withdraws her hand with a lanyard between her fingers. That lanyard. 

Taking one last glance around herself, Seungwan presses it against the device. It makes a beep noise before she hears a click in the machinery of the doors and pushes it open with ease.

Surely Joohyun's gotta be somewhere around here, right? Seungwan whistles to herself as she walks down the corridor. She peeks through the glass of every door, looking for that familar face. 

Oh that guy's totally not gonna make it, Seungwan thinks with raised brows and moves on to the next door. 

"Hey!" A man shouts behind her and she turns quickly, seeing a blonde guy at the end of the hallway who's just come in through the same doors she did. "You're not supposed to be in here, what's your--"

Yeah no, she's not gonna humour that guy. Seungwan bolts further down the hallway, throwing a glance left and right into every door until she spots an empty OR room and darts inside.

Seungwan doesn't even know why she goes there in the first place. It's not like there's any way out but in.

Damn her lack of a soul and the impulsivity that comes with it. 

Her decision making could really use some work. Here in the OR, Seungwan thinks of Joohyun and how cool, calm and collected she always is. How she's always able to make the right decision under pressure. 

To Seungwan however, she's always acted rather rashly and definitely out of her emotions and her gut. Now without a soul, it seems that has all been dialed up to a hundred. 

I'd make for a true gang member, Seungwan thinks absentmindedly but then recalls her current state of hide and seek as the doorhandle begins to turn and she doesn't have time to process her own thoughts when she lunges from behind the door to grab a handful of the seeker's collar.

She barely catches the man's face in the struggle as Seungwan tries to do that trick in the movies where they make someone pass out using pressure points but it gives her fingers a cramp so just kicks him between his legs instead.

Incapacitated for a moment as he clutches his jewels, Seungwan reaches for the nearest object she can find--a silver instrument tray--and walks him over the head.

Oh, well that was easy, Seungwan thinks as she watches the guy fall to his knees and hit the ground.

Minutes later, Seungwan blends in as a doctor, walking out of the corridor in the midst of putting on the white coat--obviously everything's stolen from that guy from before...Seungwan didn't really catch his name. 

Adjusting the coat, her fingers graze over the rough feel of text embroidered onto the pocket. 

Oh, she thinks nonchalantly reading the name printed on it, well thank you Lee Yongbuk, for having the same shoe size as me.

Seungwan turns the corner and bumps into someone.

Please be Irene, Seungwan thinks and blinks to meet the person's gaze--

WOOHOO FINALLY

Behold, Bae Joohyun. Irene, goddess of peace. Deity of beauty. Park Sooyoung's greatest nightmare--an angel! Sent from the heavens! The best woman of this generation!

"Shut up," Joohyun spits and Seungwan blinks in suprise.

Did I say all that out loud, Seungwan wonders, I haven't done anything like that since I lost my soul.

"Your thoughts are incredibly loud, Seungwan," Joohyun answers her unasked question. "Don't give me more of a headache."

"Right," Seungwan doesn't let out a sigh of relief but the way her shoulders sag, she might as well. "What's up?"

She waits for Joohyun to quirk a brow or something but the older just regards her with a stoic, expressionless face and spins on her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter