Epilogue

Horn of Plenty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun’s POV

 

Being my sister’s maid of honor was really hectic. I could barely breathe even before the wedding started. I had to check the flowers, the guests, the decorations, the table arrangements, the food, and a whole load of things a wedding needs. I finally got to take a break when dinner came. Wheein didn’t need to be on stage until sometime when dinner was done.

My sister and her husband are seated in front of everyone. I, on the other hand, went to where my parents and girlfriend were. Except that only my parents were there and the other two seats beside them were empty.

“Have you seen Wheein, Mom?” I asked my mother while already surveying the hall for my girlfriend.

“No. Only your father and I were here since the wedding started”

“I told her to sit with you though. I go look for her, okay? Go eat ahead of me”

From my pouch, I grabbed my phone and dialed Wheein’s number. It only kept ringing and ringing so I started getting nervous as I roamed around the hall. I know she was nervous being around strangers, and she has to deal with Yongkeey too, as unnie’s flower girl.

I found her at the back of the hall, crouched down in front of Yongkeey. She’s giving her pets while my dog was loving it as evident on her wagging tail.

Oh, my little art nymph… always the introvert.

“Baby?” I softly called as I slowly approached them.

Hearing my voice, their heads turned toward me and if it isn’t the most adorable sight on earth, I don’t know what would beat it. The two looked so alike, blinked their eyes so similarly, and Wheein has quirky habits I discovered since we lived together that reminded me of Yongkeey in so many occasions.

“What are you doing here? Why aren’t you sitting with my parents?”

She pouted at me while Yongkeey tipped her head on the side. I have to stop from throwing myself at the two and hugging the life out of them. They’re so cute.

“How can I come up to them and sit beside them, unnie? You haven’t even introduced me to them yet”

“So you were here the entire time?”

She smiled shyly and gave me a nod.

“Come here,” I offered my hand, “I’ll introduce you to them so we can have dinner together”

 “I’m nervous” she whispered beside me.

“You have nothing to be nervous about.” I beckoned Yongkeey as I held Wheein’s hand. “Yongkeey, follow us”

“What if they won’t like me, unnie?”

“They already knew you before they met you. Unnie and I have talked a lot about you to our parents so please don’t worry”

She drew in a breath and released a heavy sigh, telling me that she was still nervous.

I squeezed her hand to grab her attention. Once her eyes were on mine, I smiled at her to reassure her. “You’re fine, my love. Don’t get too nervous.” I raised her hand to kiss her hand.

She was still worried but she had relaxed a little bit, which was really great.

I know I can’t take that away from her but I will always be here to calm her and be her strength just as she was to me.

Since Yonghee-unnie moved out, I didn’t realize how much I was relying on my sister until Wheein moved in with me. She’s not a morning person but she knows that I am so she would always make an effort to wake up early to prepare breakfast for us. She has also helped me with groceries. In return, I helped her with everything else.

Unnie was right, Wheein has stepped in to take care of me and so, I would always make an effort to take care of her.

Yonghee-unnie and her husband, Seukwoo-oppa, joined our table to talk with our parents. Later, they’d be joining Seukwoo-oppa’s parents on the neighboring table.

Yonghee-unnie noticed us coming and smiled at us. “Oh, here they are”

She let go of her husband’s arm to give Wheein a hug. “Thank you for all your help, Wheein. You transformed the hall into something romantic”

And yes, that’s right. Wheein did not just design their invitations but also helped with decorating the hall. She has an eye for colors so she helped balance things out without making it overwhelming.

“No problem, unnie. I’m glad I was able to help”

Seukwoo-oppa also thanked Wheein with a handshake. The guy is as shy as Wheein. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter