Memory 04

After The 13th Hour (Hiatus)

Bom’s POV

 

Slowly, I drag myself back to the room. All I wanted to do now is to hide in a corner and cry, but Dara will surely worry if I did not return.

 

As I entered the room, I tried to appear as normal as possible, as if everything is fine, as if I did not cause my own sister to have Anterograde amnesia.

 

Apparently, I , hardcore, at acting.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seunghyun asked after taking a look at me, his eyes full of worry. I shook my head, and whispered out an almost inaudible ‘nothing.’ I averted my gaze from Seunghyun, praying desperately that he would not question me further.

 

He didn’t. But I made a big mistake by looking at Dara. I couldn’t help it, but suddenly I was hit with a strong wave of emotion, threatening to reduce me into a sobbing mess.

 

I bit down on my lips, hard. I swallowed, and blinked rapidly, trying so hard not to cry. The pain and sadness was suffocating me now, and I was having a hard time breathing.

 

While I was trying to get my emotions under control, Dara and Seunghyun were staring at me intently. No doubt, they figure out something was very wrong by now, but I had to try, for Dara’s sake, and pretend that everything was fine.

 

“I’m fine.” I insisted, staring at them, wanting so badly for them to believe me. As they continued staring at me, not uttering a single word, I got more and more anxious.

 

I pulled my lips up into a smile, trying to convince them that truly, I am alright. But the smile had looked more like a grimace, and I winced slightly at my failed attempt.

 

“Unnie… Please tell us, what’s wrong?” Dara asked softly, gently, her tone mixed with concern, tinted with anxiousness.

 

Upon hearing her voice, I broke down completely, and just like that, I started to spill everything out. As I speak, Seunghyun came to my side and hold me, giving me support. As I explained about Dara’s condition, I saw her getting paler and paler each second, and before I could finish, she stood up abruptly and ran out of the room.

 

I stood there, completely at lost at what to do. I felt sick now, as if someone had twisted my stomach, and felt like vomiting. The hurt look on Dara’s face when she ran out was etched into my mind, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get rid of it.

 

As Seunghyun tries to comfort me, to tell me that everything is going to worked out, I realised with a sense of dread that he was wrong. Things might get better, but nothing is going to be completely fine now.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

I didn’t know where I was going, and I didn’t care. All I know was that I had to escape from this cruel reality.

 

‘Maybe this is all a nightmare.’ I thought, but I knew it wasn’t.

 

Abruptly, I stopped, panting hard and trying to catch my breath. I was feeling dizzy, and my head was starting to hurt a little. I was still recovering, and I shouldn’t be running.

 

I entered a toilet, and locked myself inside a cubicle. By then, all the emotions I was trying to contain were getting too overwhelming, and I had to let them out. I curled out into a ball, and soon, hot tears were dripping down my chin. I put a hand over my mouth, trying to muffle the sound I was making.

 

Anterograde amnesia. I got Anterograde amnesia. I knew, clearly, that because of Anterograde amnesia, my life was basically ruined.

 

No longer could I interact with others, could I make new friends, for I would just forget them, and what they had said, after 13 hours. I can’t even go to school. What’s the point, when I won’t remember anything I learned anyway?

 

It’s scary, how my memories will be taken away from me after each 13th hour. It doesn’t seem fair. My life barely started, and now it’s taken away from me.

 

And my dream. My dream of becoming an author. That too, is destroyed in an instance. Before I even get to finish a story, I would have forgotten the plot, forgotten what I wanted to write.

 

I let out a sob. Why? Why me?

 

I was useless now. The once perfect, loved-by-everyone Dara is gone now. All that is left is the useless me.

 


 

@Loveless3, just want to say a big THANK YOU for commenting everytime I update  Really appreciate it ^^