Memory 07

After The 13th Hour (Hiatus)

Jiyong’s POV

 

As I got nearer and nearer to my destination, my heart started pounding wildly against my chest. I quickened my pace as anxiety washed over me. Irritated at my speed, I decided to throw away my dignity and broke into a run, too anxious to be bothered by the questioning stares thrown in my direction.

 

Finally, I could just barely make out the abandoned train station. I slowed down, and resumed my normal pace. Tired, my chest heaved up and down as I took in deep breath, trying to catch my breath. Unconsciously, my hand went up to my hair, combing it. I tried to appear as calm as possible, as if I had not been driven by my anxiety to break into a run. My face flushed in embarrassment, as I realized how desperate I am acting.

 

I walked coolly towards the train station, trying to act as though I don’t give a single damn about meeting Dara. But my heart was being way too stubborn, as it beats rapidly, refusing to calm the down. The thousands of butterflies in my stomach were not helping either.

 

Silently, I mumbled a string of curse directed to Dara. Why was I so anxious to meet her again?! As if invading my thoughts every single night since the day I met her was not enough, she just had to make me look like a retard today. I was clearly obsess- something my huge ego will never allow me to admit.

 

As I neared the train station, a thought entered my mind, making my anxiety increase by a thousand times. And a new emotion surfaced- worry. What if… now calm down Jiyong, what IF she decided not to come, or something? I felt queasy at that thought.

 

But I clearly worried for nothing. She was there- as she had promised. I smiled widely, my heart finally calming down. She came. Finally, I got to see her again.

 

“Dara…” I smiled at her. “Hi…”

 

She looked up from whatever she was reading, and gave me a tiny smile. “Hi…”

 

“Jiyong?” she said softly, uncertainly. I frown, confused.

 

I nodded, and replied, “Don’t you remember me?”

 

“I… yea… yea, I remember.”

 

I felt hurt. She clearly could not remember. She was all that I thought of for the past few days, yet she forgot me so quickly?

 

Seeing the look on my face, she let out a soft sigh.

 

“Jiyong, I’m sorry if I hurt you with my response. It’s just th-. Nevermind. Listen, I did not forget you. How could I?” she blushed slightly, whispering out the last part.

 

The way she said it, somehow made me blush too. I coughed, and let out an awkward laugh. The hell is wrong with me?

 


 

Dara’s POV

 

Jiyong came, like he had promised. I tried not to show it, my secretly I was very happy that he came. Ever since that day, I badly wanted to see him again, for reasons unknown to even myself. Maybe because he was the first friend I made since the… accident.

 

Friend… I whispered it softly, testing the word. It sounded so foreign, like a faraway dream. But there was no one to blame, except perhaps myself, for my lack of friends. I was stubborn, and I refused to socialize. But I was scared- scared of forgetting people I love. Its better this way, to have no friends. At least there would be no one to forget.

 

I let out a bitter chuckle. I changed so much ever since the accident, and to be honest, I really miss the old Dara. The one that everyone loved.

 

Suddenly I felt anxious, scared even. I considered Jiyong as a friend, but does he consider me as one…? The old Dara would have never felt insecure, but the old Dara had long died.

 

“Hellooooo? Earth to Dara!” Jiyong said jokingly, chuckling at my startled expression.

 

“Sorry…” I mumbled, feeling embarrassed for ignoring him for so long.

 

“Neh, its okay. You looked so deep in thought, I kind of didn’t want to disturb you. What were you thinking?”

 

I shook my head, “Nothing important…”

 

And then we just sat in silence, though not necessary awkward. Sneakily, I studied him from the corner of my eye. ‘He’s so handsome….’ I thought, blushing a little.

 

Finally, I decided to break the silence.

 

“Jiyong… am I your friend?” I asked softly, timidly, and above all, uncertainly.

 

He laughed, and turned to look at me. “Do you want me to be your friend?” he asked.

 

I nodded shyly, and he grinned at me. “Then so I will be”

 


 

Dear Diary,

 

I AM SO HAPPY! :D Why? Remember Jiyong? He said I am his friend! Kyaaaa~

 

You know, that guy is really interesting (and weird). I learned so much more about him today! He wants to be an idol, and I am 100% positive he can become one. His rapping skills just BLOW YOUR MIND. Its just… WOW. And his singing was of course great too, but his voice broke halfway through the song, kekeke. You should have  seen his expression! Haha he was so embarrassed. It was kinda cute ~

 

Jiyong wanted to know more about me too, but I didn’t tell him much. He asked about my dream, what I wanted to be in the future, but all I did was to tell him that my dream would never come true. In the end, he stopped asking, for he knew I didn’t want to talk about it. I’m really glad he was so understanding.

 

I really hope me being secretive didn’t upset him. It just hurt to take about…

 

Instead, I settled for Jiyong telling me about himself. He was worried that I was bored listening to him, but really, I wasn’t at all. I was glad that he talked so freely and so carefree to me, even though this was only the second time we met. You know, I felt like I had known him for a long time.

 

Dear Diary, perhaps, this is God’s way of telling me everything will be fine in the end? Maybe… but I really hope so